Colossus Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t think the face is an issue. It was made an issue here on the forums, which in my opinion make up a small percentage of the collectors. If you think about it, there are thousands of collectors in the world, but there are only a small few of the same people making the same repetitive comments. Believe me; we are not the voice that’s driving this hobby.

With 1,400 Colossus comiquettes (400 of those exclusives), the large edition size is what I think is preventing this statue from being a sellout. This has nothing to do with the face. Also take into account that people are struggling financially, and there are just way too many statues available in what has become a flooded market. The anticipation for Beast and Angel are keep people interested enough to talk about Colossus, so there is reason to think that it will become more popular.

To put it in perspective, the Colossus legendary scale bust exclusive limited to only 175 still hasn’t sold-out. Can we blame that on a bad face or overall bad sculpt? I don’t have the answer, since it’s all open for debate and opinion.

LSBs have a smaller market than full statues. Look at spiderman LSB and spiderman comiquette numbers, the exclusive LSB was available for weeks on second chance. Emma LSB being sold out is due to no NRD, she will be available again after shipping. Same goes for Grey Hulk, BIB spiderman and stealth iron man. All still available in LSB form that should be sold out in full statue form.

The face is not a board only related issue, any comic book fan will have the same perspective. Go take a picture of the comiquette into your local comic book store and ask them.

You like it fine, but don't think it's some sort of sleeper hit with the Colossus PF on the horizon.

LSBs have a smaller market than full statues.

I wouldn’t say that the LSB’s have a smaller market than the comiquettes. The problem is that the LSB’s have been hit or miss for its entire run. For the most part, the LSB’s have been criticized for their questionable design, disproportioned features and quality control issues. Collectors like to have an entire set of a collection, so when you skip on a few busts, like lets say Hulk (a hugely popular character) or Apocalypse, then it’s easy to pass on the entire run. The Astonishing X-Men comiquettes on the other hand have yet to have QC issues and are consistent in quality, albeit with a controversial head sculpt, but there’s a lot of potential for this line to be successful.

The face is not a board only related issue, any comic book fan will have the same perspective. Go take a picture of the comiquette into your local comic book store and ask them.

Sorry about pointing out the fallacy in this statement, but it takes only one comic book fan to say they like the statue to prove this entire statement to be false. I’m a comic book fan, and I love this statue.

It seems to me with the upcoming PF following the more classic look everyone will get a Colossus they like. I personally bought the comiquette, lsb and def plan on getting the PF...where as others will just buy the com or buy just the PF or even potentially mix and match those products....in the end we will all win and get a colossus we like in our collection :hi5:

It seems to me with the upcoming PF following the more classic look everyone will get a Colossus they like. I personally bought the comiquette, lsb and def plan on getting the PF...where as others will just buy the com or buy just the PF or even potentially mix and match those products....in the end we will all win and get a colossus we like in our collection :hi5:

Very well thought out words of encouragement for collectors Fborecki, Good and Inspiring to all :hi5:

Very well thought out words of encouragement for collectors Fborecki, Good and Inspiring to all :hi5:

Thanks Colossus...truthfully that's how it should be because all our opinions matter and thankfully in this situation we can ALL be happy at one point in time or another. So no point in drawing lines in the sand for no reason. All I do request is everyone post pics of whatever you buy and proudly show of your statues! :yess:

Thanks Colossus...truthfully that's how it should be because all our opinions matter and thankfully in this situation we can ALL be happy at one point in time or another. So no point in drawing lines in the sand for no reason. All I do request is everyone post pics of whatever you buy and proudly show of your statues! :yess:

I am going to try and post something tonight, may put a smile on your face :)

Okay, I call it a truce. :lecture

If everything goes as planned, later today I'll take comparison pics of Thor 1:1 next to Colossus comiquette. :wink1:

Okay, I call it a truce. :lecture

If everything goes as planned, later today I'll take comparison pics of Thor 1:1 next to Colossus comiquette. :wink1:

woohoo...now that is what I'm talking about. We all win :clap ...and I, as I'm sure others, would love to see the comparison pics, thanks carrillj.

I kind of like the modern look to the X-MEN comiquette line. If you look at this line throughout various companies that produce these types of statues, the classic look is beat to death. If you want hooker boots Colossus, SSC will make a Jim Lee style PF for you. I dig the new Colossus costume as well as the classics. It's a cool look. Since I have the classic costumes in my Bowen X-MEN line up, I'm very happy with the modern costumes. They stand apart from my other X-MEN statues.

Now if SSC put out a Byrne/Cockrum classic comiquette line I would be ALL OVER that! That for me spells classic X-MEN, not Jim Lee.

I'm glad someone likes that costume...

Comparing SSC to Bowen is totally impossible. Costumes don't do anything to make SSC stuff more appealing in my eyes, as it is the dynamic poses and overall life they add to the chararacters. I'm not saying Bowen's are bad, but they aren't the same. Their line is more a uniform line of characters standing at heroic attention.

Collectors like to have an entire set of a collection, so when you skip on a few busts, like lets say Hulk (a hugely popular character) or Apocalypse, then it’s easy to pass on the entire run.

many collectors don't need the whole line and can skip a few. i do not have all the pfs but will still keep collecting the line. some collectors do not have the hulk pf but continue to collect other pfs in their collection.

Sorry about pointing out the fallacy in this statement, but it takes only one comic book fan to say they like the statue to prove this entire statement to be false. I’m a comic book fan, and I love this statue.

No, i wrote a representation, so that some may like it others may not in your local store. Just to show that the board is a fair representation of comic fans because they want a good rendition that respects the comic art.

Last edited:
I'm glad someone likes that costume...

Comparing SSC to Bowen is totally impossible. Costumes don't do anything to make SSC stuff more appealing in my eyes, as it is the dynamic poses and overall life they add to the chararacters. I'm not saying Bowen's are bad, but they aren't the same. Their line is more a uniform line of characters standing at heroic attention.

I'm not trying to compare companies. All I meant was that I already have statues of the X-MEN in classic costumes. I like the fact that if I'm picking up statues by both companies that are of the same characters, the costumes look different.

I'm not going to compare BD and SSC. That's been beat to death on this board. I will say I enjoy both companies and collect what I like from them.

Last edited:
I'm not trying to compare companies. All I meant was that I already have statues of the X-MEN in classic costumes. I like the fact that if I'm picking up statues by both companies that are of the same characters, the costumes look different.

I'm not going to compare BD and SSC. That's been beat to death on this board. I will say I enjoy both companies and collect what I like from them.

Amen to that. It's the only way to collect.

100% agreed. :clap:clap

Colossus has been on display a few weeks now and people who come over really like him, Iv heard

"Wow, thats cool"
"Dang that pretty big"
"You know the more I see it the more I really like it"
"He has this cool russian thing going on"

Not a single person has mentioned the lines on his face. I guess its nice to remember that a large majority of the people we interact with dont get all worked up about details like that. thats been my experience so far

Colossus has been on display a few weeks now and people who come over really like him, Iv heard

"Wow, thats cool"
"Dang that pretty big"
"You know the more I see it the more I really like it"
"He has this cool russian thing going on"

Not a single person has mentioned the lines on his face. I guess its nice to remember that a large majority of the people we interact with dont get all worked up about details like that. thats been my experience so far

Thats def good to know...basically the statue rocks. I mean sure there is the face and I personally am in the camp that I would have much preferred the classic face, but that didn't keep me from picking this one up. The pose, paint job and overall design makes this statue a nice addition to any marvel fans collection IMO.

I don't read comics, so I don't know how he armors up. All I'm doing is using my imagination and that's good enough for me. :)

If you don't read comics why are you getting comic statues and paintings? I never understood that.

saw this on LCS and he looks big then I thought, but doesn't like the way he came out....

Back