Colossus Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Sebastian

Your review was great actually, but it did help reinforce that for me personally, I'm glad I canceled.

I don't see myself as a scale fanatic, but I do have the Psylocke and he would have went next to her, and seeing him appear no taller than her, I would have probably felt cheated with the purchase.

Thanks alot Sebastian! After seeing your vid I actually like the armored face more. I look forward to getting mine now.

Great review Sebastian. I think Psylocke com could actually be close to 1/4 scale. Could we get some pics next to the PFs for comparison?

Quality control, goes a long ways in business. With these statues, and especially SS since majority of them are well over $200, every aspect of the statue needs to be flawless. No exception! That doesn't mean you create a good looking torso, back, arms, and slack on the face.

Im more disappointed that they dont standardize the scales for some of these pieces. Its way too expensive to be a completist especially since these pieces are rather expensive. I agree that quality control should be consistent but the face is more of a taste preference than defect. I actually really like the design of the statue and the paint apps, its just that he doesnt fit in scale with Scarlet Witch or Psylocke.. but then again its a bit confusing. I think Beast will be tiny as well.. and nightcrawler looks to be 1/4.

I will get around to posting pics of Psylocke with the PFs, but Im almost certain she is a bit smaller than 1/4.. Ill use the Spiderman Comiquette as a reference as well. I got home and received an email from sideshow, they want me to destroy black panther so that they can send a replacement, I had paint issues with mine. Im wondering if Black Cat will be 1/4 ... since she is as tall as the Psylocke statue (or smaller). So that should be a good way to gauge the scale comparisson between the pics. She-Hulk looks to be the most anticipated PF on my preorder list (right now)

A good thing to come out of this though is, the quality control isn't totally going downhill. Congrats again on the new acquisition Sebastian & keep those reviews coming, extremely helpful!

Im more disappointed that they dont standardize the scales for some of these pieces. Its way too expensive to be a completist especially since these pieces are rather expensive. I agree that quality control should be consistent but the face is more of a taste preference than defect. I actually really like the design of the statue and the paint apps, its just that he doesnt fit in scale with Scarlet Witch or Psylocke.. but then again its a bit confusing. I think Beast will be tiny as well.. and nightcrawler looks to be 1/4.

I will get around to posting pics of Psylocke with the PFs, but Im almost certain she is a bit smaller than 1/4

:goodpost::goodpost:

I guess nobody is really interested in this Colossus when a custom Deadpool is being discussed :lol

That deadpool custom is the deadpool to own an it is 1/4 scale.

As for colossus, face is just way messed up.

Yeah, it is a little too long. Paint is a bit sloppy here and there too. Otherwise the statue is awesome. I ended up selling mine though. ..waiting for SSC's version, hoping it's a 1/4 scale comiquette.

I just signed up on this forum, but did they ever mention that SideShow will be coming out with a Deadpool Comiquette?

Thanks for the review, not to beat a dead horse but man sideshow dropped the ball on so many levels on this besides his face looking nothing like Colossus, he is tiny.....Wouldnt that be the first thing to insure when making a Colossus that he is of good size?

I do not agree entirely with that review, it's been found wanting, the overall feeling I received from it, was the vale attempt to compare to better known pieces from years past and without the knowledge to back it up. I felt as if it was a suck up video. If your going to do a review be honest with the piece in question and yourself as the reviewer, you have to be blind as a collector to miss the obvious with this piece.

Thanks for the Rant Everyone

Seeing as how no one is willing to post their images i took some crappy images today after opening him up...

img0594zd.jpg

img0595rr.jpg

img0596m.jpg

img0597g.jpg

Overall i'm very pleased with him

PROS
The costume is ace
The base is great
It's pretty big
Great action pose

CONS
The face is the lowpoint of it
Could be bigger for a more "colossal" figure overshadowing smaller characters

90/100

(in terms of scale compared to X-23 (pictured above) she is basically upright fully while he is hunched with legs bent and spread i'd say he'd be a foot or so taller than her standing toe-to--toe.)

Last edited:
Back