Collection Intervention on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think that guy ever intended to sell any of his stuff to begin with
Some of us all have at least one or two things we will never get rid of

Right, I get that, but I still keep everything minty fresh just in case. I don't plan on having to sell some of my grails, but life doesn't always go according to plan. Also, back to the guy, he seemed genuinely shocked that the lack of care had depreciated his collection. He was hoping the total value could approach $100K and had some "head in the hands" moments when he found out how little some of the things were worth in their condition. I don't think it was a case of "well, I'm never going to sell this so it's OK if the box gets a little dinged up", it was just being flat-out naive to those things. He also seemed to think anything that said Limited Edition was sure to skyrocket in value over time, even if an edition size wasn't mentioned.

what r u nuts ? i aint paying for it . anyhow i fell asleep watching it . im rewinding it . after a 14 1/2 hour day i should just go back to sleep but im hoping to get some tonight :D

I'm sure not even a 14.5 work day is going to keep you off that tonight...:wink1:

Right, I get that, but I still keep everything minty fresh just in case. I don't plan on having to sell some of my grails, but life doesn't always go according to plan. Also, back to the guy, he seemed genuinely shocked that the lack of care had depreciated his collection. He was hoping the total value could approach $100K and had some "head in the hands" moments when he found out how little some of the things were worth in their condition. I don't think it was a case of "well, I'm never going to sell this so it's OK if the box gets a little dinged up", it was just being flat-out naive to those things. He also seemed to think anything that said Limited Edition was sure to skyrocket in value over time, even if an edition size wasn't mentioned.

Is your O.D.B. for this guy?

220px-Odb_welfare.jpg

Is your O.D.B. for this guy?

220px-Odb_welfare.jpg

Yes. I met my college roomie in Calc 2 and our grad student instructor sucked up and down, so we just BS'd during class and taught ourselves later. I had been talking about ODB getting arrested for crack possession the previous day, and he couldn't remember my name, so he just started calling me ODB. It just kind of stuck. :)

im sure this has been discussed but im to Fn lazy to search for the thread .I just watched Toy Hunter and that guy who paid 17 grand for the RFBF was a ringer. how about some reality in these reality shows . it was so blatant . he supposively spent 17 grand and says how happy he is that he found boba bett

im sure this has been discussed but im to Fn lazy to search for the thread .I just watched Toy Hunter and that guy who paid 17 grand for the RFBF was a ringer. how about some reality in these reality shows . it was so blatant . he supposively spent 17 grand and says how happy he is that he found boba bett

IIRC, the buyer of the RFBF is Dan Caldwell, better known as PunkAss...the President of TapOut and he is a huge Star Wars collector.

Finally got around watching this and I want to say one thing. I feel bad for the Catwoman collector. He didn't even have THAT much stuff there. All the guy needed was help managing his collection, that's all. Instead of sending someone there to **** on the guy and sell his stuff they should send someone to install some nice shelves and help him organize stuff a bit. The slap to the face came when I saw that he got $4000 for his collection and they were nearly DEBT FREE! WTF? How is $4000 dollars debt? You are selling the stuff you had since you were a child to cover 4 grand? They wife was talking as if they were about to lose the house or something.

I really feel for the guy. He was almost embarrassed about his hobby, all thanks to that **** of wife. My suggestion to him would be get ****ing divorced, join sideshowfreaks, buy a Catwoman LSF and find someone who is supportive of his hobby.:lecture

Finally got around watching this and I want to say one thing. I feel bad for the Catwoman collector. He didn't even have THAT much stuff there. All the guy needed was help managing his collection, that's all. Instead of sending someone there to **** on the guy and sell his stuff they should send someone to install some nice shelves and help him organize stuff a bit. The slap to the face came when I saw that he got $4000 for his collection and they were nearly DEBT FREE! WTF? How is $4000 dollars debt? You are selling the stuff you had since you were a child to cover 4 grand? They wife was talking as if they were about to lose the house or something.

I really feel for the guy. He was almost embarrassed about his hobby, all thanks to that **** of wife. My suggestion to him would be get ****ing divorced, join sideshowfreaks, buy a Catwoman LSF and find someone who is supportive of his hobby.:lecture

maybe if he lived alone he wouldn't be in debt,
also, someone could say " Well, He found Love" but I really don't think what we saw was love, she felt really cold, ice cold in fact :dunno

i think shes big enough to replace his wife, much better looking too.:lol

Wife and I watched this together and every 5 minutes she would look over at me and give me the "That is soooooo you" look. Wanted to watch it with her so that she can see that my collection isn't as bad as others but I may be watching the other episodes alone.

IIRC, the buyer of the RFBF is Dan Caldwell, better known as PunkAss...the President of TapOut and he is a huge Star Wars collector.

im not buying it . this interview was supposively done moments after making that purchase . not only does he not mention the tremendous purchase he just made , he never once mentions Star Wars . it seems to me that he stammers when asked certain questions then throws up some buzz words . I believe its staged . theyre probably drinking buddies .

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVfFbuUGVuo&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

im not buying it . this interview was supposively done moments after making that purchase . not only does he not mention the tremendous purchase he just made , he never once mentions Star Wars . it seems to me that he stammers when asked certain questions then throws up some buzz words . I believe its staged . theyre probably drinking buddies .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVfFbuUGVuo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

If you do a little more research you'll find plenty of information/articles/etc about his Star Wars collecting.

If you do a little more research you'll find plenty of information/articles/etc about his Star Wars collecting.

i must be doing something wrong cause i cant find anything . maybe you can throw me a link .

Last edited:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVfFbuUGVuo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Not to prove/disprove it, but if there was one person there who'd buy Boba, it would be him. :dunno

Back