Collection Intervention on Syfy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what kept going through my mind was, these guys want Closet space, they make the lady sell her dolls,
then in 1 or 2 years they will be gone, and she will have like 3 empty rooms to fill with barbies, I Wonder if she would regret selling or not,

Awww thanks azurepred. It's nice to know the rest of the world would find me to be enough of a wierdo to make the cut for this show. ;P

what is with all those crappy $5 plastic figure collections, fremen definitely should represent! show them how it's done! and why sideshow collectors > all :lol

what kept going through my mind was, these guys want Closet space, they make the lady sell her dolls,
then in 1 or 2 years they will be gone, and she will have like 3 empty rooms to fill with barbies, I Wonder if she would regret selling or not,

I highly doubt she'd regret selling. You also seem to be forgetting the fact that her husband and sons all got together to buy her the Barbie collector grail. That alone should be worth emptying out the closets for.

I highly doubt she'd regret selling. You also seem to be forgetting the fact that her husband and sons all got together to buy her the Barbie collector grail. That alone should be worth emptying out the closets for.

yeah I know they got her the barbie she wanted, but at the same time, they will probably leave soon, and she will have 3 empty rooms then,
it was good for her to sell if she is becoming a hoarder, but the whole way this was played about the sons made me kinda mad, since they didn't seem the nicest people,

yeah I know they got her the barbie she wanted, but at the same time, they will probably leave soon, and she will have 3 empty rooms then,
it was good for her to sell if she is becoming a hoarder, but the whole way this was played about the sons made me kinda mad, since they didn't seem the nicest people,

I'm guessing they grew up with no closet space. Collecting is fine, but when you're literally pushing out family from their own space to do it (whether they're there for a year or 10 years), you have a problem.

would you be mad if you couldn't use your own closet?

Wow we collectors are becoming trendy. toy hunters and collection intervention. Im finally popular !!!!

That comic book guy made the right decision - trade all that modern crap for a classic (Hulk 181). I spent way too much over the years on modern books.

funny thing is i highly doubt i could bring 2000 books to a dealer near me that don't have much value and get a Hulk 181 for it. :lol

Lol, I am pretty sure the owner of that shop knew that as well...and only did it for the show, knowing it wasn't a real trade, just a scripted one.

That's what sucks about some of these so called reality shows, they're realit-lly scripted.

ok hold on a sec...

I was just reading the "Where Are They Now" interview on the Collection Intervention site with the guy who traded all those books for the Hulk 181.

But he actually didn't do the trade. This is from the interview Q&A:

Is there any item out there, you don't own, that you'd just love to get your hands on?
I never did sell those books for that Incredible Hulk 181 So that is still top of my want list.

How did Elyse's visit help you as a collector?
With all due respect, Elyse's visit did not help my collecting perspective.

How has your life changed since appearing on the show?
My life has not changed at all since taping.

:thud:

:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol:rotfl:lol :goodpost::rotfl

Back