Code 3 X-wing or Efx X-wing?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for all the input so far. I'll do a more indepth review of the x-wing tonight when i get back from work. cheers, guys.

None of the Code 3 items are studio scale, but still are great looking in a collection, especially if you manage to get them at a good price. eFX is a studio scale it is way larger and more expensive. The Kotobukiya version is really nice too, it is made of PVC and comes with a very elaborate base.

I still miss Code 3, hopefully eFX will come back with their new Precision Cast line, but seems it will take a long time before eFX releases their first item in this line, which is Millennium Falcon...

My Code 3 AT-ST:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/RvrI1mZMfTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/RvrI1mZMfTQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

dude that video was freaking poisonous! Gotta stay strong and resist.

One of my favorite SW pieces ever was the code 3 Slave 1. I had the DV tie also, and they are definitely quality pieces. Worth the money for sure. Plus, I really like code3's packaging style (with the plastic corners for the styro and such).

I say damn exact accuracy. If it looks really nice, and makes you happy - that's all that matters. Congrats on your score!

Does the Koto come with a stand?

Hey Geil, I don't think it does. But I remember seeing an online review photo showing an insertion point on the bottom of the model for an acrylic rod or something to fit. My Koto is still in the box, so I'm not sure. I will open it as soon as I have the proper display space.

Your question made me look on Google and I came across this custom X-wing model with what I'm guessing is a custom stand. I would be interested in making a stand similar to this with the articulated arm that allows the model to tilt up, down, left, or right. Anyone know where we can source the parts for a ball jointed rod such as this?

EDIT: Oops Tnaig, I forgot to post the link with my message. :eek: Scroll down the page and click on the thumbnails to see the stand I am describing.

https://www.modelermagic.com/?p=17915

Last edited:
Hey Geil, I don't think it does. But I remember seeing an online review photo showing an insertion point on the bottom of the model for an acrylic rod or something to fit. My Koto is still in the box, so I'm not sure. I will open it as soon as I have the proper display space.

Your question made me look on Google and I came across this custom X-wing model with what I'm guessing is a custom stand. I would be interested in making a stand similar to this with the articulated arm that allows the model to tilt up, down, left, or right. Anyone know where we can source the parts for a ball jointed rod such as this?

Hey Justin. any pics of the pics you found? :eek:

A couple of pics of the Koto X-wing with s-foils in attack position. I need to find time to re-paint it.:naughty

Nice catch! The pictures kinda triggered something so after some googling turns out the stand (and poosibly the X-wing) is from the Finemolds kit.

Nice catch! The pictures kinda triggered something so after some googling turns out the stand (and poosibly the X-wing) is from the Finemolds kit.

The X-wing is definitely a Koto. It arrived with original packaging, instructions and all parts were included even the rebel base.

The stand could be from a Fine molds but it works perfectly with the Koto.:D

The X-wing is definitely a Koto. It arrived with original packaging, instructions and all parts were included even the rebel base.

The stand could be from a Fine molds but it works perfectly with the Koto.:D

Considering that the Koto is made with Finemolds I was hoping that :) I guess I will be looking for a Finemolds X-Wing or making my own stand. Can you take a picture of the tip of the stand so I can get a better idea how they designed it? I can't imagine just a little pin will hold it in place?
Sorry for taking this OT :p

Last edited:
Nice pics of the Koto! haven't seen one with the wings open. and it does fit on the large FM stand good. I do notice it needs a wee bit of extra color, but does look top notch.

Currently Im trying to finish a 1/48 x-wing, but finding time with a 5 month old is proving challenging.

I should post pics of my accurate 1/72 FM X-wing.

Nice pics of the Koto! haven't seen one with the wings open. and it does fit on the large FM stand good. I do notice it needs a wee bit of extra color, but does look top notch.

Currently Im trying to finish a 1/48 x-wing, but finding time with a 5 month old is proving challenging.

I should post pics of my accurate 1/72 FM X-wing.

that my friend would be awesome :chew

OT a bit. I noticed that the koto x-wing seem to have a wider "X" relative to the efx and code 3 ones.

Any idea which is more accurate?

Ok. took some pics for comparison.
DSC01185.jpg

DSC01182.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

Looking from the pics, it does seem the wings should be a little wider, but its not off by too much :)

Considering that the Koto is from finemolds I was hoping that :) I guess I will be looking for a Finemolds X-Wing or making my own stand. Can you take a picture of the tip of the stand so I can get a better idea how they designed it? I can't imagine just a little pin will hold it in place?
Sorry for taking this OT :p

The stand is somewhat adjustable and has hooks at the back.

So what do you guys think of that stand I posted? Any ideas how we can engineer this?

Back