Cobra Throne Announced!--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Cobra Throne Announced!

I'm pretty happy about this. Cobra Commander is the only fig I've got so far and he will look awesome sitting on it. I'm not into 12" figs so this will make it more statue like or at least give me an excuse to get it

I wonder though . . .

Will this be the only COBRA throne or maybe . . . somewhere down the line . . . there will be a different COBRA throne for . . . GASP . . . a 1:6 Serpentor?

;)

My only question is how much?
If it's over $100 as I fear it might be, I'll have to pass.

Watch them make two colors, blue liner and red.

Price, better be no more than $80. It dosen't look that big.

Are you kidding, it is HUGE! Definately at least the same price as the Timber set.

What I don't get is the complaining about the price on these 1:6 environments - Han in Carbonite, Timber set, this throne, etc. There is by far MORE POLYSTONE in these sets then there is in a PF. Yet, PF cost at least $100 more. I don't see why everyone thinks these are rip offs. If anything, its the PFs that are rip offs. Sometimes people need to step back and actually see what they are getting.

Looks like this image served as inspiration for the SSC piece:

BeckCC800.jpg

Throne.jpg

I know the releases don't come as fast as some people would like but for GI Joe fans SSC has really been giving us one diamond after another with each new announcement. Best line ever!

Are you kidding, it is HUGE! Definately at least the same price as the Timber set.

What I don't get is the complaining about the price on these 1:6 environments - Han in Carbonite, Timber set, this throne, etc. There is by far MORE POLYSTONE in these sets then there is in a PF. Yet, PF cost at least $100 more. I don't see why everyone thinks these are rip offs. If anything, its the PFs that are rip offs. Sometimes people need to step back and actually see what they are getting.

Why would PF's be ripoffs compared to a polystone environment? The environment is a solid piece that needs to be painted while the PF's have more work with making the statue in pieces, cutting/sewing the fabric for the clothes together, painting and assembly. Lot more man hours and costs to pay for there with a PF even for cheap labor.

I have to disagree. A large PF like the Beserker is over $300 and he is only wearing a loin cloth. The rest is polystone. I bet he only has as much poly in him as Jabba's throne or the carbonite Han set. Yet he is over $100 more. No loin cloth is worth that.

Some PF, yes, do require lots of extremley detailed clothing parts. But pound for pound Polystone, the Environements are a better deal. Yet for some reason people thing they should only be like $50. I'm just trying to show how they aren't priced as far fetched as some people seem to believe.

Im not into this line but Sideshow are doing a great job with it,their best 1/6 line yet,IMO.

can't help wondering if he's gonna come with a cloak or not. no matter what, this is ALL KINDS of awesome. Loving it so very much. This is a must buy, no matter what.

Imagine this, commander sitting on it, one ankle resting on his other knee, his cane sword out, resting across his lap, a pistol in his hand, resting as if recently fired, and a dead cobra trooper at his feet, shot for insubordination.

can't help wondering if he's gonna come with a cloak or not. no matter what, this is ALL KINDS of awesome. Loving it so very much. This is a must buy, no matter what.

Imagine this, commander sitting on it, one ankle resting on his other knee, his cane sword out, resting across his lap, a pistol in his hand, resting as if recently fired, and a dead cobra trooper at his feet, shot for insubordination.

Nah, he needs the Baroness standing at his left (Sadly all we have ATM is Hasbro's SDCC Ex tranny) and some fried G.I. Joe targets on the ground. ;)

I'm in. Gonna be expensive though! :(

Back