Cobra Sniper.....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No to a chromdome version of CC? Come on Carl you would cave like that freeway in Minneapolis if they made him. I know I would. People have to remember this type of figure (cool color/variant around Spooktacular) makes perfect sense based on SSC's history. I dig it. Throw a black cape from the cape master himself Drizzle and BAM! the Cobra Sniper would look that much cooler.

I wouldn't consider a helmeted Cobra Commander a variant, because almost the entire figure would have to be different from what we've already got. New head (duh), new uniform, gloves, removable cape, etc. Pretty much the only thing that should be re-purposed on that one is the vintage style gun.

So, yeah, that'd be much different than these Cobra Troops or CCC, which were clear variants with minimal changes or simple color swaps.

Even if the figure is entirely different, it is still technically a variant. Same character, new figure = variant.

These Troopers technically aren't variants since they are different kinds of troopers. If we got a black and silver officer for example, that would be a variant.

I wouldn't consider a helmeted Cobra Commander a variant, because almost the entire figure would have to be different from what we've already got. New head (duh), new uniform, gloves, removable cape, etc. Pretty much the only thing that should be re-purposed on that one is the vintage style gun.

So, yeah, that'd be much different than these Cobra Troops or CCC, which were clear variants with minimal changes or simple color swaps.

Nice. Thanks for "duhing" me. :D But well now I know where you're coming from...

Again though, this isn't a standard quarterly release. So as far as I'm concerned, it's icing on the cake.

Even if the figure is entirely different, it is still technically a variant. Same character, new figure = variant.

These Troopers technically aren't variants since they are different kinds of troopers. If we got a black and silver officer for example, that would be a variant.

That's all semantics, dude. :lol

I'm talking about the same figures using the same patterns, clothing, accessories, etc. Those are variants.

But, again, all semantics. The point is that these troops are basically the same figure, just with different eyes, different colors and a few different accessories. And that's all well-and-good, but we need some more varied (and DIFFERENT) characters in this line before they start the rehash treatment.

I like this figure and ordered one, but I certainly don't count it as "new". I hope TheNam is right that this doesn't count toward the "1 per quarter" average release.

I'm talking about the same figures using the same patterns, clothing, accessories, etc. Those are variants.

But, again, all semantics. The point is that these troops are basically the same figure, just with different eyes, different colors and a few different accessories. And that's all well-and-good, but we need some more varied (and DIFFERENT) characters in this line before they start the rehash treatment.

You did say different 4 times, are you sure you still think this is the same figure? :rotfl But seriously it's Spooktacular this makes sense for this time of year. I agree though we are due for a new figure announcement. Same with Indy. :monkey2

I like this figure and ordered one, but I certainly don't count it as "new". I hope TheNam is right that this doesn't count toward the "1 per quarter" average release.

He doesn't. Duke is still the main Qtr. 1 release. I look at it like the Masters of the Universe Classic figures. One main release and a bonus figure on top.

Duke is Qtr. 1, Firefly will be Qtr. 2, with Beachhead Qtr. 3, and Crimson Guard Qtr. 4. Anything else in the mix is an optional side item!
icon14.gif

...CG was wishful thinking. :eek:

Duke is their Q1 release. So the fact that this fella is coming out in Q1 as well, SHOULD support that. :lol

No to a chromdome version of CC? Come on Carl you would cave like that freeway in Minneapolis if they made him. I know I would. People have to remember this type of figure (cool color/variant around Spooktacular) makes perfect sense based on SSC's history. I dig it. Throw a black cape from the cape master himself Drizzle and BAM! the Cobra Sniper would look that much cooler.

That would not be a variant, he better be a figure with a all new outfit designed up like the original figure.

That would not be a variant, he better be a figure with a all new outfit designed up like the original figure.

:lecture
People all too often get mixed up with the terms "variation" and "version".

Straight Arm CC is a varient. Mickey Mouse CC is a varient. Hooded and Battle Armor are different versions of the character, not varients of the chrome dome figure.

:lecture
People all too often get mixed up with the terms "variation" and "version".

Straight Arm CC is a varient. Mickey Mouse CC is a varient. Hooded and Battle Armor are different versions of the character, not varients of the chrome dome figure.

However, if they just popped his battle helmet on the hooded version, that's a variant. :(

Duke is their Q1 release. So the fact that this fella is coming out in Q1 as well, SHOULD support that. :lol

I've always taken the "1 per quarter" mantra to basically mean an average of 4-5 figures per year. So I hope we see more than 4 more figures announced between now and a year from now (not counting SDCC Exclusive).

I asked in the Sideshow chat earlier if varients like the cobra sniper would be included in the 4 per year deal and this is the response from Alex :

"<SideshowAlex> Jukiex: That would most likely include varients...though at the rate/populatirty the Joe line is going I wouldn't be surprised if there were more than 4 figures a year"

So I guess it does count but we'll probably get more that 4 a year. From what I gathered from the chat log with Greg I think the 4 per year depends on development and hasbros approval rate.

We've already gotten more than 4 figures this year.

Snake Eyes
Cobra Commander
CCC
Cobra Trooper(s)
Storm Shadow

and the Cobra Officer(s) very soon. And thats not even counting the Environment. I don't know why you guys are so worried about only 4 per year when we've already gotten more than that this year.

We've already gotten more than 4 figures this year.

Snake Eyes
Cobra Commander
CCC
Cobra Trooper(s)
Storm Shadow

and the Cobra Officer(s) very soon. And thats not even counting the Environment. I don't know why you guys are so worried about only 4 per year when we've already gotten more than that this year.

i cant wait for cobra officers...those will be soooo cool:banana:banana

Back