Premium Format Cobra Commander Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's fine. I wasn't talking to you. Buttmunch said he liked the cape but that the boots (which were a part of his cape outfit in the 1987 Joe movie) are too much. That's silly, and so is BM. :lecture

Nah, BM's post has gotta be sarcasm. He's not that dorky. :tap

But at this point, would he admit it not being anything but? :huh :lol

Yeah, really I'm a silly dork. :duh

I actually didn't recall he was wearing boots with the cape in the movie. But I would have really prefered the classic, weird pant-shoes. They're more iconic to me, and even if not accurate to the movie, more accurate to his usual look. I do think he looks better without the cape (because that's his usual look) but the cape is nice. I'd be really happy if the 1/6 came out just like this, but really would hope for the stir-up pants.

I actually agree with you guys. :)

Nothing tops the card art, but I'll take cartoon or comic variants since those are classic vintage goodness too.

The old Palisades statue nailed the original design.

cobracommanderstatue2.jpg
cobracommanderstatue5.jpg

Yeah, something like the Palisades piece would be idea. To me the cartoon is my Joe standard. Its what the card art and figures tried to represent IMO. A Cobra Commander 100% on the card art wouldn't even have gloves on afterall. So a combo of the cartoon and card art is what I would have really liked for the whole GI Joe line, but I'm OK with the modern upgrades in most cases. Having the 'classic' option with most figures has been great though. You just don't get that my options with a PF though. The hands, heads, and cape really do give CC a lot of different options though. But I do still miss those goofy pants :lol

Finally got arrival notice for the EX. It should be shipped on 01/09/12 :yess:

Yeah, something like the Palisades piece would be idea. To me the cartoon is my Joe standard. Its what the card art and figures tried to represent IMO. A Cobra Commander 100% on the card art wouldn't even have gloves on afterall. So a combo of the cartoon and card art is what I would have really liked for the whole GI Joe line, but I'm OK with the modern upgrades in most cases. Having the 'classic' option with most figures has been great though. You just don't get that my options with a PF though. The hands, heads, and cape really do give CC a lot of different options though. But I do still miss those goofy pants :lol

Bassackwards. :lecture:lecture:lecture :exactly:

It might be coming at the worst time of the year for me, but I can't wait for CC. This is the only item I haven't thought about cancelling.

Got my notice, with big red letters indicating I better update my credit card or my exclusive might be cancelled! Expired in October, so that's how much I'm getting from Sideshow these days...

I just realized that Buttmunch was probably just born or not born whenever the hooded CC was a mail away figure. :)

I probably wasn't born yet :lol What was it, '82, '83? Something like that? I wasn't around till '88 :lol

My uncle is only 10 years older than me so my love for GI Joe came from his hand-me-downs and recorded episodes on VHS :rock

I'm down with the cape, I mean he wore it in the MASS Device movie in 1983 when he thought they had won. The boots are forgivable and I can't wait to see this baby in person. It looks incredible. Now if it was only 1/6...

Back