Clone Trooper Episode II 12"Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not if you want screen accuracy. According to my friends in the 501st, clone armor should be matte, not gloss.

Looks glossy to me.

star_wars_the_clone_wars_03_1152.jpg

No, I see the dirt. I also see the finish. It would be shining considerably brighter and reflecting if it were gloss. Look at how the visor's reflecting vs. the armor for the difference between gloss and matte.

The troopers armor is actually a satin finish and is shinier than the dull matte plastic. Future might make it too glossy but I'd definitely put a semi-gloss coat over it.

I just got this guy and I have to say it's pretty great, much better in hand. I kinda like the matte finish but within minutes of opening the rifle has already left marks all over the forearms which is really obnoxious.

Mine arrived today and this guy is just great. I especially love the matte armor finish because it makes him unique among the other troops. Here are some pics with his friends.

Troops01.jpg

Troops02.jpg

Yep, very nice outer_rim! It's great when you start to see them all come together like that, all the different Stormie variations.

he fits right in with all the others outer_rim... nice collection

got mine a few weeks ago... I have to say, they really nailed the helmet... and unlike in the pics on the box he doesn't really have "giraffe neck syndrome"

yeah I know this is an image thread, but I'm too lazy to take images with my fancy picture makin' machine :lol

Got two of these on waitlist conversions today. They and my Clone Wars Anakin came together! I am a happy camper today!

The helmet is perfect. Design wise, my favorite trooper. Annoying thing is the loose joints are back. Am saying this based on my two figures.:(

Got mine finally the other day. It's my favourite Clone so I was very happy to finally get it. I have some issues with it, like a bit heavy mold flash in places, but overall quite satisfied. The shoulder pads are wrong though, as I feared they would be. I told Sideshow about this when they first showed the preview, but obviously I'm just a stupid customer, so what the heck do I know.

I am thinking though of repainting it to get rid of the flash and get a more semi-gloss finish. Thinking of doing it as a Commander (yellow) while I'm at it and doing some proper weathering on it. Has anyone else planned to paint up their Clone as an officer?

Got mine finally the other day. It's my favourite Clone so I was very happy to finally get it. I have some issues with it, like a bit heavy mold flash in places, but overall quite satisfied. The shoulder pads are wrong though, as I feared they would be. I told Sideshow about this when they first showed the preview, but obviously I'm just a stupid customer, so what the heck do I know.

I am thinking though of repainting it to get rid of the flash and get a more semi-gloss finish. Thinking of doing it as a Commander (yellow) while I'm at it and doing some proper weathering on it. Has anyone else planned to paint up their Clone as an officer?

I was gonna sell my Medi Commander for a ridiculously high price, then use the money to buy 2 SS clones for cheap if I could find some for around $80 or so and then repaint one to replace the Medi as Commander in Chief of my clone troopers.. :D

I haven't gotten around to it yet, but it's still a possibility!

and I'm sure SS doesn't think you're "just a stupid customer", but rather that they probably had already gotten into production and changing the armor at that point could have cost thousands of dollars... so instead of doing that, they left it. you can't blame em, can you? I mean, if they had to spend a lot extra on fixing the shoulders then they would probably have to raise the price a lot too...

Shoulder pads are an easy fix. That is if you are talking about them connecting to the torso armor which they shouldnt be.

Back