Cleopsis/Court of the Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I initially heard of this whole "Court of the Dead" line...I was not even remotely interested. Then I saw the reveal for Queen of the Dead...instant PO. Now with the pictures of additional characters...I am definitely collecting this line.

Preview-Night-Sideshow157.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow158.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow159.jpg

Preview-Night-Sideshow160.jpg

Of the female dead PFs I think this one is my favorite. The whole Egyptian vibe goes well with this line.

Wow! Fantastic design and execution. This may very well be my first Court of the Dead PF purchase.

Thoughts....

Cleopsis: I want to know what is under that mask. The little exposed flesh that we can see, especially the knee, worries me. I'm put most in mind of Cronenberg's "The Fly" remake. NOT a favorite movie of mine, I hate body horror like that. This is the "Eater of the dead." What eats the dead....? Think about it.

So, I need to see closer, better pix. If the mask is removable, I'm going to need to see what's underneath. [I think its probably not removable, though.] Jury verdict: still out. No bugs, kthxbai. She could be a snake-lady, though. I would be down with that.

Kier: From the waist up, this figure just cant be beat. Lovely face, cool corset, sword is a go, cape, yaaaaaas to the cape, hair excellent and we have the benefit of masked vs unmasked heads. That hand! With the smoking skull! WOW. Cons: She's a warrior. With bare feet. And unarmored legs. Warriors rarely do their thing basically naked from the waist down. they don't go into battle barefoot. Top half does not equal bottom half: I am confused. Jury verdict: still out. But that hand with the skull... wow.

[And what's WITH all these bare feet, anyways? Does Lord Death not provide footwear for his female staff, what's up with that?!! "ARE THERE NO LOUBOUTINS IN HELL, O MASTER?!" I would cry.... and probably be banished to the lower Ninth level. Oh well!]

And that leads us to..... Xiall. Xiall. Proudly posed in a classic summoning stance,with regal staff denoting her status and just rocking the house from the tip of her bone crown to the bottoms of the aforementioned natural high-heels. Its almost like her feet were bound in life. She is regal, the more I look at her the more I like her. Jury verdict: a strong contender.

Gallevarbe: still staying.

Machiko: in serious danger of being dethroned from my preorder list. However, nothing shall be decided hastily.

Hot Toys Ellen Ripley: Normally I'd be all over that. But I have seen these evil ladies, and so I doubt she will come to live here.

Pinhead: The husband likes him. Ut-oh.

:lol I agree with your assessment. Except I am 100 percent ok with Kier's feet... Remember she's a spirit!

Cleopsis has scarabs all over the base... She's probably just mummy like.

You have the Queen on PO? I just grabbed her last night!

And side note... Pinhead will be hard to pass by. So far for me this is an all court year with droids and biker scouts!

I don't have the Queen on order, I liked her a lot but not enough to move me off of almost $400. I have to really, really be in love to pay that much. My problem here is that I am "in love" with several of these pieces, but have neither room nor cash for all of them. Deciding who makes the cut is going to be, dare I say it, a hellish task.

Lol, indeed it will be hellish! I agree Queen is not my fav compared to some of the others now I've seem pics. But she'll stay on PO, and she is "Queen if the dead after all haha.
Cleopsis is a def buy for me. As is Kier. As is the goat head guy with the blue eyes all must be in my collection. I'm pretty sure I could leave the rest. Myb.

Why the hell is anyone else talking about other SS statues outside of CotD? I mean is there anything else that comes close to what they are doing with their own unique line of statues???

I DON'T THINK SO!!! They could quit the DC and MARVEL lines today and I wouldn't give it a second thought.

I agree the details are unmatched. But I would have to stick to the DC line for now. As long as WW is done so well that's the most important statue for me. This line is going to take up so much space sooner or later after the hype collectors will have to rethink what's more important. The unknown made up line or DC and marvel? When space is tight I can see some changing their minds and selling them off down the line.

Yes, yes we know. Please return to the lines you love most/are most confident you can scalp people for down the line: the mainstream stuff.

You see, not everyone is looking to try to make a killing on the secondary market, some of us genuinely want to love what we buy, not because we can get double for it later on eBay, but because something is genuinely artistic and beautiful and we as collectors want to own it for ourselves. If you want to go buy WW, please do so, no one is stopping you. In fact you should rejoice, because people buying the CotD line mean there will be that much less competition and therefore a smaller edition size for figures like her, right?

As for this line being unknown, its new. Of course no one knows much about something new. That is rapidly changing however.

Thoughts....

Cleopsis: I want to know what is under that mask. The little exposed flesh that we can see, especially the knee, worries me. I'm put most in mind of Cronenberg's "The Fly" remake. NOT a favorite movie of mine, I hate body horror like that. This is the "Eater of the dead." What eats the dead....? Think about it.

So, I need to see closer, better pix. If the mask is removable, I'm going to need to see what's underneath. [I think its probably not removable, though.] Jury verdict: still out. No bugs, kthxbai. She could be a snake-lady, though. I would be down with that.

You can see a lot more of her than her knee. At first I thought she was completely covered, but she's only wearing a collar, sleeves, breastplate and girdle. You can see skin under her arms and along the sides of her chest. Also, her toes, upper neck and left hand.

I agree the details are unmatched. But I would have to stick to the DC line for now. As long as WW is done so well that's the most important statue for me. This line is going to take up so much space sooner or later after the hype collectors will have to rethink what's more important. The unknown made up line or DC and marvel? When space is tight I can see some changing their minds and selling them off down the line.

In regards to your comment about "when space is tight I can see some changing their minds and selling them down the road"...thank you Captain Obvious. Seriously...folks have been swapping out pieces from their collections long before the COTD line was introduced.

If I elect to pick up Cleopsis, Queen of the Dead, or any other COTD piece and six months down the line I want to sell them off for a new Marvel or DC offering...big freakin' deal. I will have enjoyed those pieces for the limited time they were in my collection and move on. The hassle of selling of pieces of your collection to make room for new offerings is what you sign up for if you jump into this hobby...not everyone has unlimited space for their collections. However, even when folks have space restrictions, they won't necessarily get rid of a piece simply because it's not from a popular line like DC or Marvel. If I really love my COTD pieces, and need to sell some items for space considerations I instead may elect to sell a Marvel or DC piece that I don't like as much. Imagine that....

IMHO just because the COTD line is not as well known as DC or Marvel doesn't mean the COTD pieces will be the first pieces sold off because a new Marvel or DC character is up for pre-order.

Back