Classic Movies You Haven't Seen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gone With the Wind
Empire of the Sun
Raging Bull
Cabinet of Dr. Caligari

Anyone who was bored by Casablanca is retahded. Go to war, fall in love, and then try having an opinion about it.

I was told Donnie Darko was a classic.

That movie was boring. :monkey4

Too....Hot Topic for my tastes.

A cult classic. There's no way the average viewer could sit through it with the same ease as most of the other titles mentioned in this thread. I wasn't overly fond of it either.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Sorry, I forgot YOUR opinion was the only one that mattered. And I stand by my comments - many of those older, so-called "classics" are boring and barely watchable by today's standards. Movie-making has come a long way since the days where a 5-minute pan across a desert landscape was considered cinematic gold.

Agreed. I love how mindless idiots will make a blanket statement with no insights such as, "I didn't like that movie; there was too much talking...," and then they follow it up with, "But Avatar, that was one of the most imaginative scripts I've ever seen...."

Now who's making a blanket statement? I actually made my points, had you bothered to actually try and comprehend what you read. I guess you were too busy being upset that someone didn't share your opinion.

Avatar bored me to tears, by the way.

A cult classic. There's no way the average viewer could sit through it with the same ease as most of the other titles mentioned in this thread. I wasn't overly fond of it either.

I know what it is....but they didnt call it a cult classic. :monkey4

Sorry, I forgot YOUR opinion was the only one that mattered. And I stand by my comments - many of those older, so-called "classics" are boring and barely watchable by today's standards. Movie-making has come a long way since the days where a 5-minute pan across a desert landscape was considered cinematic gold.

I stand corrected. That's the dumbest thing I've ever read. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Going by my definition:

Citizen Kane
Gone with the Wind
Sound of Music
One Flew over the Cuckoo's nest
Deer Hunter
African Queen
Maltese Falcon

Just to name a few.

Back