Classic Movies You Haven't Seen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is true. To me, a movie has to have something that interests me to watch it. Just cause something is considered a classic must see, isn't enough.

Yep,Raging Bull is 130 min though so nowhere near as long as the rest,ive seen it and definitely worth a watch.

I heard that the first hour of Deer Hunter is about
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yep,Raging Bull is 130 min though so nowhere near as long as the rest,ive seen it and definitely worth a watch.

Spoiler Spoiler:

I remember watching deer hunter and raging bull in highschool and being bored out of my mind. I should probably give it a second watch though.

Of the movies listed so far, I have seen Psycho, The Shining and A Clockwork Orange. The others have no appeal.

I rarely watch films prior to 1960 (except Wizard Oz and Disney animation). Others I haven't seen:

2001: A Space Odyssey
Easy Rider
Pulp Fiction
China Town

Of the movies listed so far, I have seen Psycho, The Shining and A Clockwork Orange. The others have no appeal.

I rarely watch films prior to 1960 (except Wizard Oz and Disney animation). Others I haven't seen:

Easy Rider
Pulp Fiction
China Town

Wow!!

I actually envy you. I wish I could watch pulp fiction again for the first time. It really is one of the best movies I have ever seen. Everything from the acting, plot and even soundtrack are amazing.

I remember watching deer hunter and raging bull in highschool and being bored out of my mind. I should probably give it a second watch though.

Same with me and Schindler's List when i was younger,i saw parts of it but i didn't bother back then,this is a movie i will definitely watch though.Not sure i can say the same about Deer Hunter and Apocalypse now,no movie should be over 3 hours unless it's something really special.

You should see Raging Bull,the length is bearable too.

Easy Rider
Pulp Fiction
China Town

I watched these 2 recently for the first time.

2001 is long and can be EXTREMLY slow at times,so don't watch this if you're tired,but i consider this one of the most important films ever made.Any movie enthusiast should watch this.

Chinatown is imo one of Jack Nicholson's best performances.

It depends on what you consider a classic movie. How old does it have to be to be considered a classic?

I haven't seen China Town or Pulp Fiction either.

I'm probably gunna get shot for these

never seen Indiana Jones . any of them :pfft:

No Star Wars .:pfft:

and that tv show M*A*S*H . in my life i have flipped through the channels and never stopped on that show :yess:

I've never seen Jaws, saw parts of it, but never actually watched the whole thing. Until recently I never saw Titanic either--not that it's a sequel, but it's the type of movie that's hard to avoid.

Wouldn't have seen a lot of these movies if it weren't for a film class I took where I had to watch them.

Never saw The Shining either, or The Exorcist

I try to watch as many of the "classics" as possible, but more often than not, I end up pretty disappointed. I'm sure that, at the time, they were considered ground-breaking pieces of cinematic art, but they don't necessarily age very well.

Example, the other day, one of our movie channels had the Maltese Falcon available so I decided to check it out. Oh. My. God. What a boring freaking mess! Nothing happens! Just a bunch of people dropping by Sam Spade's office and talking. That's it!

I had a similar reaction when I watched Lawrence of Arabia and Casablanca. Both movies bored me to tears, and I found myself hoping the end would come soon.

I think there are timeless classics (Raging Bull and The Shining, for example), and classics that belong to a certain period of time. But just because something was deemed "classic" at one point, doesn't necessarily mean it's still any good.

Spoiler Spoiler:

No that is not true, The whole point of the movie is how war can change a man's life, and how it effects the people around him. So it plays a major part in showing us the main characters lives before the men leave for Vietnam

I try to watch as many of the "classics" as possible, but more often than not, I end up pretty disappointed. I'm sure that, at the time, they were considered ground-breaking pieces of cinematic art, but they don't necessarily age very well.

Example, the other day, one of our movie channels had the Maltese Falcon available so I decided to check it out. Oh. My. God. What a boring freaking mess! Nothing happens! Just a bunch of people dropping by Sam Spade's office and talking. That's it!

I had a similar reaction when I watched Lawrence of Arabia and Casablanca. Both movies bored me to tears, and I found myself hoping the end would come soon.

I think there are timeless classics (Raging Bull and The Shining, for example), and classics that belong to a certain period of time. But just because something was deemed "classic" at one point, doesn't necessarily mean it's still any good.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

There are probably a lot of "classic" films I've missed. I do however try to get back to some that people mention and just recently I finished watching The Thing and Wall Street.

I define "classic" loosely and as a film I continue to hear about years after its been released.

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Agreed. I love how mindless idiots will make a blanket statement with no insights such as, "I didn't like that movie; there was too much talking...," and then they follow it up with, "But Avatar, that was one of the most imaginative scripts I've ever seen...."

never seen Indiana Jones . any of them :pfft:
:
I have no interest, never had and never will to watch a 'Indiana Jones' movie... Meh. What the fAWWWKkkk.

Raging Bull
Fight Club (read the book)
The Big Lebowski

Never saw 'The Big Lebowski' either.

Also, I love how the word 'classic' also gets thrown around. CLASSIC to a few doesn't mean classic to others. It's all perspective when it comes to a grouping of people on a web site forum.

Plus, when you look at the angle some are coming from, heck, we have 'reviewers' here and people want to rant and rave on youtube videos about what gets selected for the Oscars, and the 'crap' that actually wins there, yet those same people usually select super-hero films and more cult classics are films that are superior on their mind. :peace :dunno

The Dark Knight was a very good film, but its not a cinematic masterpiece. Some of us may love it dearly - heck, it's Batman, it's a legendary villain in a awesome performance, yada, yada, yada... But lets be real here too.

To each their own, some need to keep perspective and balance. Plus, like I said earlier, what may be crap to some, may be very enjoyyable to others - vice versa.

Lawrence of Arabia
Citizen Kane
Maltese Falcon
A Clockwork Orange
Easy Rider

Although I intend of getting around to them eventually. Except maybe Easy Rider--not that interesting to me.

And there are also plenty of Oscar Best Pictures that I haven't seen yet, like Chariots of Fire, The Last Emperor and Out of Africa. But I'm not sure how motivated I am to watch some of those. I've been pretty good with keeping up since the late 80s, but earlier than that there are still lots that I haven't seen.

Back