classic iron man exc VS iron man exclusive comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ecekat

Super Freak
Reaction score
what do you think???

i prefer the old one!!

Last edited:
oh no!!:lol

by old i mean the sold out dude!!sorry about the mistake!!

the one that SHAKES the ground!!!

Only the cheap a$$es would prefer the new one, I'd say. :lol

I'm no cheap ass and I prefer the Classic Iron Man....I had many occasion to buy the Modern IM ,even at retail, but the pose always looked ridiculous to me...the Granov art didnt translate well IMO in statue form....looks like Tony is playing football....also that Iron Man pose is now more identified with the Iron man Movie now...Wich is not what I like to display in my collection....I prefer comic stuff and if its from the 60-70 era its even better !!! Classic PF avengers Display with modern Iron Man will suck.....The New one they are doing will be perfect in the middle of Cap, Thor and Hulk....

Classic Avenger display + Classic Iron Man Armor + standing museum pose = great elitist stuff...

I'm no cheap ass and I prefer the Classic Iron Man....I had many occasion to buy the Modern IM ,even at retail, but the pose always looked ridiculous to me...the Granov art didnt translate well IMO in statue form....looks like Tony is playing football....also that Iron Man pose is now more identified with the Iron man Movie now...Wich is not what I like to display in my collection....I prefer comic stuff and if its from the 60-70 era its even better !!! Classic PF avengers Display with modern Iron Man will suck.....The New one they are doing will be perfect in the middle of Cap, Thor and Hulk....

Classic Avenger display + Classic Iron Man Armor + standing museum pose = great elitist stuff...

I totally agreed with you. Classic IM look better, esp with Ex version. :D

The modern IM is awesome, but as said,the pose doesn't look right if you want to display it with say Cap, Wolvie..etc. The classic IM will certainly display nicely with a group.

Classic IM is better to display with the Thor, Cap and Hulk PFs. That can't be denied.

Individually, as a definitive Iron Man piece, the Classic Iron Man still wins. It looks like it did before the Neon Genesis Evangelion redesign by Granov.

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Wise man !!! Silver/Bronze Age comics rule!

Comiquette IM was not the choice armor or format for me and I don't think he displays well with the Marvel PFs. I held out hoping that Sideshow would someday produce the classic tin head I wanted. I new the fan base was there and that it was only a matter of time. Criswell predicts, pictures surface, pre order goes up and I'm left :confused: Whats with the pose and flag? and that exclusive? As a Tony Stark statue it Works i guess but not IM. Not for me. So there you have it I am not a fan of either statue, at least not enough to own them.

:banghead in disappointment

Last edited:
I think from an artistic perspective the modern Iron Man sculpt looks more impressive. From a comic book and statue perspective I would rather display the classic. I have never followed the new Iron Man comics and prefer the classic. As others have said the classic will look better with the Captain America and Thor statues. The armor and pose on the modern makes it look out of place with the others. Do you guys think the value of the modern statue will drop after the release of the classic?

Well three of them are the SIM, Iron Man Exclusive with "T-Bomb" Sculpt and the standard Red/Gold IM. Have no clue what the fourth would be unless it was a repaint of some sort.

I think from an artistic perspective the modern Iron Man sculpt looks more impressive. From a comic book and statue perspective I would rather display the classic. I have never followed the new Iron Man comics and prefer the classic. As others have said the classic will look better with the Captain America and Thor statues. The armor and pose on the modern makes it look out of place with the others. Do you guys think the value of the modern statue will drop after the release of the classic?

i dont think so but i'm hoping!:rotfl:lol:wacky

Every time I see the movie Iron Man armor I cannot help think of ROBOTECH. As far as I'm concerned, Roy Fokker or Rick Hunter might as well be in it.

The Classic Iron Man, the classic Stealth, the classic space armor, the Silver Centurion West Coast Avenger armor, and lastly, the original gray Iron Man armor, for nostalgia, are what I really like. I wonder is a classic Stealth or a Silver Centurion will become available?

Last edited:
Back