Classic films back in theaters: Which would you pay to see?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JSA

Super Freak
Reaction score
Howdy folks!

With the upcoming re-release of Blade Runner back into Theaters
some time in the future, it got me pondering this question:

What films, if re-released into theaters, would you spend the money
to go and see again? Here is my short-list:

Star Wars (all 6 of them)
Lord of the Rings (all 3 of them)
Raiders of the Lost Arc
RotLA: Temple of Doom
Alien
Saving Private Ryan
Se7en

What classics would you spend $6-$9 to see in the theaters again?

JS :)

carbo-fation said:
ACTUALLY all of them are great, but my top three would have to be LOTR, Bridge on the River Kawaii, and Indiana JONes.

I would love to see The Bridge on the River Kwai up on the big screen!!!

Throw in The Guns of Navarone while you're at it. Oh, and The Great Escape. Maybe The Dirty Dozen as well.

tomandshell said:
I would love to see The Bridge on the River Kwai up on the big screen!!!

Throw in The Guns of Navarone while you're at it. Oh, and The Great Escape. Maybe The Dirty Dozen as well.

Man... you and I have very similar tastes. How about the Lawrence of Arabia or the longest Day.

I would LOVE to see the exteneded edtions of the LOtR on the big screen...And all the ones you listed JS...

kingdarkness03 said:
I would LOVE to see the exteneded edtions of the LOtR on the big screen...And all the ones you listed JS...

Speaking of the extended edition of LOTR, I am planning on watching the complete trilogy next Wed. on my day off......there goes 13hrs of my day. :rotfl

carbo-fation said:
Speaking of the extended edition of LOTR, I am planning on watching the complete trilogy next Wed. on my day off......there goes 13hrs of my day. :rotfl

Me and my girlfriend will do this a couple of times a year...its actually really fun, just very time consuming:lol

kingdarkness03 said:
Me and my girlfriend will do this a couple of times a year...its actually really fun, just very time consuming:lol

:rotfl Me too! This has become one of my annual traditions. I finally found a date to do it this year. (of course now I also do the SW marathon as well :D )

carbo-fation said:
:rotfl Me too! This has become one of my annual traditions. I finally found a date to do it this year. (of course now I also do the SW marathon as well :D )

Very cool man....

carbo-fation said:

i watched all the extended LOTR movies on christmas two years ago. i was stuck up in savannah because of the military and couldnt get leave to come home so i just vegged out in front of my tv all day.

~~and i randomly watch the SW saga from Episode I-VI on one day when i have nothing to do. i have a dvd player and tv next to my computer so i fire up star wars while playing games or something.

Growing up in the 70's and the early 80's I was able to see the Star Wars OT, Jaws, Close Encounters, Alien, Blade Runner, The Shining, Terminator, The Thing and on and on. Seeing Apocalypse Now in the theater made a huge impact on me.

Luckily, through revival showings, I've been able to see A Clockwork Orange, Lawrence of Arabia, Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz and a bunch more. My favorite theater experience was seeing 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The one movie I would love to see on the big screen is The Planet of the Apes. I'm hoping one day to have the chance. Actually, given the chance, I would love to see all of these again in the theater.

First:

Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, Sanjuro, Rashamon, Ran, Throne of Blood and Kagemusha.

Then:

Star Wars (Original 1977)
The Godfather
Alien
Aliens
Ghostbusters
Caddyshack
The Shining (Again)
The Exorcist (1973, again)
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
Il Buono, Il Brutto, Il Cattivo (The Good, The Bad &The Ugly)
C'era Una Volta Il West (Once Upon A Time In the West)
A Clockwork Orange
The Conformist (Cinematography by Vittorio Storaro!)
Apocalypse Now
Blade Runner
Vertigo
Psycho (1960)
North By Northwest
Rear Window
John Carpenter's Escape From New York
John Carpenter's Big Trouble in Little China
John Carpenter's The Thing

I'm sure there's more but I can't quite think of them at the moment.

Phantom of the Opera (Chaney)
Hunchback of Notre Dame (Chaney)
Frankenstein
Bride of Frankenstein
Creature From the Black Lagoon (in 3D!!!)
The Mummy
Dracula
It's A Wonderful Life
Terminator
Last Man On Earth
Forbidden Planet
When Worlds Collide
King Kong (1933)
Metropolis
The Ten Commandments
Arsenic and Old Lace
Jesus Christ Superstar
Ben Hur
Run Silent, Run Deep
Mister Roberts
Andromeda Strain
Alien

I am a Kurosawa fan so all of them but if 7 then...

Seven Samurai
Throme of Blood
Ran
Yojimbo
Hidden Fortress
DREAMS
Stray Dog :D

and then:

Red Beach
Platoon
Full Metal Jacket
LOLITA
The Shining
Resevoir Dogs
Independence Day
Goodfellas
Godfather
Exorcist
Blade Runner

Last edited:
All LOTR regular and especially the Extended Versions.
Raiders of the Lost Ark
Robocop
Halloween
Star Wars Eps 4-5-6
Hamburger Hill
The Good, Bad, and Ugly
Blackhawk Down
Starship Troopers
The Untouchables
The Godfather
Ghostbusters
The Shining

Definitely more.....just can't think of them right now.

6-9 dollars is unbelievably cheap! At least for those movies.
I'm used to spending 10 dollars for a movie, in usd that's about 9 dollars at the moment. but that's the cheapest I'm used to. I don't know the prices of movies in the USA but in Canada the average is I think about 10-13 so that's 9-11.70

Of that list, JS- I'd say Alien right away, above the rest.

Except, I do quite like the extended version that came out a few years ago. A few scenes in that are very good to see!

Back