Classic Catwoman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So annoying. I received this statue today from Midtown Comics, but there's no base in the box. In it's place, a duplicate Catwoman head was wrapped up.

Argh!

Sorry to quote my own post, but something else is bothering me. One of the heads was wrapped in green bubble wrap, and the statue was dusty. If I'm buying a statue from a large retailer like Midtown Comics, is it unreasonable to expect that I'll receive a new statue? Shouldn't they note on their site if a statue has been displayed?

Sorry to quote my own post, but something else is bothering me. One of the heads was wrapped in green bubble wrap, and the statue was dusty. If I'm buying a statue from a large retailer like Midtown Comics, is it unreasonable to expect that I'll receive a new statue? Shouldn't they note on their site if a statue has been displayed?

It might have been the display piece

Midtown is notorious for selling displayed pieces and having lackluster shipping efforts.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I'll receive that replacement without a hitch. :impatient:

I hope so! I've ordered from them in the past without issue but I've heard some bad stories. Only reason I didn't order the KA Captain America shield from them.

They know they're not supposed to sell something that was on display unless they mention it on the description as used or displayed. And if they do, they are supposed to sell it in intact, complete and with no issues. Otherwise, they need to put it for sale on eBay. New York City's Midtown Comics, oh brother.

They know they're not supposed to sell something that was on display unless they mention it on the description as used or displayed. And if they do, they are supposed to sell it in intact, complete and with no issues. Otherwise, they need to put it for sale on eBay. New York City's Midtown Comics, oh brother.

Their website never differentiates between displayed or never opened in box :/

Back