Classic Actors & Tough Guys - Bogart, Cagney, Wayne, Eastwood, Dean & Others...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geronimo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Classic Actors & Tough Guys - Bogart, Cagney, Wayne, Eastwood, Dean & Others...

I believe the time has come for a place to highlight "classic actors and tough guys" in the 1/6 world. Humphrey Bogart, Jimmy Cagney, and Johnny Weissmuller are just the beginning of a thread that can highlight a time when "men were men". We start with them, but feel free to post others that you have...

Pull up a chair, order a drink, and never sit with your back to the door...!

34b94fc92ba77214cde9c1e8076d2b57.jpg

a3ac61ef91e8c477e15fc54191056883.jpg

0de9501122ee51498127395b7b3e4bff.jpg

37982cecbaf19620c7101bb964e3d360.jpg

d488636d95f919ab1b512bee982c0709.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Classic "Tough Guys" thread starting with Bogart, Cagney, and Weissmuller

70109109.png

3c419dd3.png

12c202d7.jpg

f71a8c57.jpg

fe16901a.jpg

Those look great! I wish there were more of the old time movie star figs around..

Agreed. Lee Marvin, Robert Mitchum, Steve McQueen. Need.

Nice work on the Tough Guys.

I really like Bogart and Cagney a lot. Weissmuller likeness is very good but he could be better with longer hair. I was just curious as to where you found the head sculpts. I don't think I've ever seen a Cagney or Weissmuller before.

It is great to see some attention paid to the stars of old Hollywood.

That's what I admire about you Jungle....your attention to detail! You are absolutely right on Weissmuller. Let me explain...

First, regarding Cagney, there is a great sculptor on the One Sixth Warrior forum who goes by Peter the Painter. He has done some great sculpts of Hollywood Stars, specializing in tough guys (Cagney, Mitchum, Douglas, Flynn, Wayne, etc). Here is a link to Cagney:

https://www.onesixthwarriors.com/fo...ted-headsculpts-james-cagney-errol-flynn.html

Regarding Weismuller, the sculpt I found was not of him, but one that looked like him, with short hair. I toyed with sculpting some longer locks for him, but he turned out ok, and I haven't gotten back to growing his hair. Maybe someday I will...

I came across a really great sculpt of Guy Williams and when you add that to the Triad Zorro figure, I think it really improves the figure over all! Of course, I am biased...I still think Guy Williams Zorro was the best (well, maybe at least tied with Tyrone Power)...

b5aa6478652d7b667da70974dfd5d92f.jpg

9f1d17b2e362cf5bb5633d0adac5577d.jpg

acfe18962eea77839d969565cb90ee19.jpg

a771889da4b2efe2258da6ad7d8cf317.jpg

Last edited:

Nice job on the Guy Williams Zorro. I used to love that show when I was a kid. The head sculpt is perfect and easily recognizable. The hat seems to be sitting a bit too high on his head.

Why are hats so hard to get right?

You could maybe try sanding the inside of it so it would sit more naturally on his head.

Seeing we got some old school classic 1950's actors in here. I though I would post a picture of three of my James Dean custom figure's. I have not shown my Giant version.

DSCN4539.jpg

DSCN4540.jpg

DSCN4541.jpg

DSCN4542.jpg

Last edited:

Robert mitchum in cape fear alongside the robert de niro version would be cool.

Heres a steve mcqueen great excape virgil jones ending soon.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Custom-S...nFigures_ActionFigures_JN&hash=item1e729e1283

I completely agree! Mitchum and DeNiro would be a great pairing...Cape Fear is such a chilling movie, no matter which one you watch.

Thanks for the McQueen post. He certainly belongs on this thread as does James Dean (thanks Joel...great pics!).

Any more "tough guys" out there?

I completely agree! Mitchum and DeNiro would be a great pairing...Cape Fear is such a chilling movie, no matter which one you watch.

Thanks for the McQueen post. He certainly belongs on this thread as does James Dean (thanks Joel...great pics!).

Saw the deniro version first and thought that was very good and then got the boxset with the original on aswell and was equally impressed with mitchums performance, both different but equally menancing.

Love this guy. not familiar with this film but he's a bad dude:)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-6-CUST...4905?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item415e5f4039

And he's the badest cowboy:)
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SIDESHOW...8225?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item416bd2c0a1
And heres a descent mitchum sculpt
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GI-JOE-D...7123?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item4167a2f553

Last edited:

Thanks a lot, Do not forget a young 1950's Marlon Brando.

Thanks a lot, Do not forget a young 1950's Marlon Brando.

Absolutely, Joel! Brando was certainly a tough guy in the 50's. He was also a rebel...I don't have any figures of him in 1/6 scale but if anyone does, feel free to post!

Here are a few more pics of the classic jungle tough guy, Tarzan. There are not many figures or models of him anywhere based upon the classic Johnny Weissmuller version. It was fun putting the figure together, but even more fun putting the base together. I didn't know what the final outcome was going to be. The first image is the pic I used for reference:

c3d11cf1.jpg

62218f5b.jpg

dd9786f9.jpg

a847ee52.jpg

dd9fbe97.jpg

a3b247cf.jpg

Last edited:

Here's another oldie from the 30's...Larry "Buster" Crabbe as Flash Gordon...they sure don't make nicknames like they used to!

Before Luke Skywalker and Star Wars, before Captain James T. Kirk and Star Trek, there was Flash Gordon. If you watch any of the old Flash Gordon serials, you will see the scrolling descriptive intros to each episode that were later used in all the Star Wars movies...

2e954ecd300d77d97a195e89bedd5f15.jpg

bbac1f97ec899a52bc341fb48a8c9209.jpg

9923bb5a4bb5857e6485b85bc900a962.jpg

9c9fd62e5a2f3060f16219f63238ea6d.jpg

fb4a22873ef960eff3222b49801a077a.jpg

1749df9feaa3d8d143144dc4e1f35135.jpg

5bf9abff3e6eaef86a01435b9e8e8a1c.jpg

Last edited:

WOW!!!!

Flash looks just great with the Buster Crabbe look!

Where is Ming?

Jim,

Thanks! I can always count on you...you and I might be the only ones here who have ever heard of Buster Crabbe...

Btw, I think Ming is with Jerry, and the Maharishi :wink1:

Humphrey Bogart as Fred C. Dobbs in "Treasure of Sierra Madre"

8aa4063abd88800b80fa5e8bc4ca9ca2.jpg

47c56689a5e60d166fb97ae4220cb64a.jpg

Last edited:

Jim,

Thanks! I can always count on you...you and I might be the only ones here who have ever heard of Buster Crabbe...

Btw, I think Ming is with Jerry, and the Maharishi :wink1:

Nah I've heard and even seen some episodes:)

Reruns though I ain't that old:)
Looks good:)

Humphrey Bogart as Fred C. Dobbs in "Treasure of Sierra Madre"

bc5c5406.jpg

2157c71f.jpg

I love the base that Bogart is placed on, it has a nice rustic look to it. Its just a nice simple clean design. Bravo!

By the way how many Humphrey Bogarts do you have? It seems you have one for each of his classic roles. What's next "Casablanca"? "The Caine Mutiny"?

Back