Clash of the Titans

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
According to the reviews, this movie is pretty bad. I may wait for it to come out on dvd. I do love the original, though.

24108_381804492343_58690437343_4231924_2703315_n.jpg

Hmm... I'm kinda dissapointed in this so far... He looks so... plain. I don't know... I'm definitely hoping we'll see the full specs and pics soon and that this pic doesn't do this figure justice. Because if it does, I'll most likely pass on this...

The Medusa head looks pretty awesome though...

mmm...I find myself a little underwhelmed by that teaser.

I agree, he face needs some sort of expression. You are hardly gonna look that calm after killing Medusa are ya?!

I'm gonna wait and see more pics.

I personally preferred the original movie, as campy as it was. I agree with seeing it in 2D, 3D wasn't worth it.:cool:

I think it looks fake, where did it come from?
April 1st was yesterday?

If I was a betting man, I'd say that is a photoshopped Marcus head on a mocked up body, his hand to the right of frame is part of the original poster.
FAKE!

If not, it's total crap.

As it's bound to be rather light on plot or character, I want of get the most from the visual side of things so I think it's best see it in 3D.

Was COT made specifically for 3D or was it done after.

As it's bound to be rather light on plot or character, I want of get the most from the visual side of things so I think it's best see it in 3D.

It was done after that. I remember reading part of an interview on this Dutch movie-site with one of the producers that said it would absolutely not be a 3D movie.

But I guess Avatar's box office records made them reconsider :lol

going to see the movie today. not holding out much hope as the original is one of my all-time favorites

It has used the post production 3D technique. Cost Warner about 30million. Last minute rushed decision From all accounts it hasn't worked. To the point that scenes have been ruined by the warping of faces and cardboard cut out look to the scenes. This could undo all Camerons hard work. 3D needs to be TRUE 3D. Not this post rubbish.

Will I still go to se it first in 3D? probably, cause I'm a sucker for Clash and a sucker for anything 3D.
:sick

I personally preferred the original movie, as campy as it was. I agree with seeing it in 2D, 3D wasn't worth it.:cool:

Easy pass. :sancho

It's not just the 2D-3D factor, it's the whole story line, and tremendously weak character design that sinks this film faster than 100 Krakens. This film is an insult to any Greek Mythology lover. Blasphemy. I give this film a D- and wish I never saw it. What a waste of a night.

Easy pass. :sancho

It's not just the 2D-3D factor, it's the whole story line, and tremendously weak character design that sinks this film faster than 100 Krakens. This film is an insult to any Greek Mythology lover. Blasphemy. I give this film a D- and wish I never saw it. What a waste of a night.

Such a pity, how can they get such cool source material so wrong?
I will still see it though. Probably make them a bundle.

From what I have been told I was wrong, that is a real Peresus HT IMAGE. Awful! Awful!

My uncerstanding is that, if you see it in theaters, go 2D. It wasn't filmed for 3D, and so it looks terrible in 3D.

BOBA BEN never listen to others. go see it and judge for yourself. i loved it! cool and fun.:whip

michael, it didnt look terrible. it just didnt really POP like avatar. still awesome :)

It has used the post production 3D technique. Cost Warner about 30million. Last minute rushed decision From all accounts it hasn't worked. To the point that scenes have been ruined by the warping of faces and cardboard cut out look to the scenes. This could undo all Camerons hard work. 3D needs to be TRUE 3D. Not this post rubbish.

Will I still go to se it first in 3D? probably, cause I'm a sucker for Clash and a sucker for anything 3D.
:sick

I'd be the same as that now. If the move isn't conceived as 3D, then I will be very sceptical.
But I know I'm hopefully gonna love this movie no matter what version I see.

I saw an early showing of it in 3-D last night at 10:40pm. I thought it was great! The effects and creatures were outstanding! The 3-D to me really brought them out MORE and helped the movie. It didn't hurt it. It was cool to me. :D

I'm a HUGE fan of the original 1981 movie. But I like this one too. I agree with "drjedisith". Go and see it for yourself. Judge for youself, not by what other people say. I've always done that. Sure I listen to other people, and movie critics. But I have still always seen a movie on my own and then have my own opinion about it.

I have seen AVATAR in 3-D, and now Clash. Both were great in 3-D. I didn't think it took away from the movies in any way.

A small update. I´m still working on the Perseus headsculpt. Needs more work.I have only advanced a little, I need to try harder and spend more time

4487391389_3df5a190cb_o.jpg

Looking good so far! You're starting to capture that young Harry Hamlin from 1981 in the movie. I am interested in buying a cast of it from you if you will sell them. I want to get the Go Hero "Wrath Of The Titans" Perseus figure, and put your head sculpt on it someday. Thanks! :D

This is one film which SHOULD NOT be light on a storyline or plot I am expecting something special especially with the improvements in SFX and VFX. So far the reviews I have read have been average. Hopefully I am not too disappointed.

Back