Cinemaquette life size genisys endoskeleton

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Because they have access to all the CG files and can just pump out a copy from those. They dont have that luxury with the older endos.

Yeah and the older life size endos have been milked so much, possible that the level of demand is nowhere near to what it was and the low quality factor may have tarnished the original endos image. Factor in time, money and a lot of dedication and passion to recreate the original to perfect standards, it's starting to look like a really tall order :-(

The way this genisys sold, like hot cakes, does throw a spanner in the works as this is still a very much loved creature designed by the genius Stan Winston.

This thread made for an interesting read :lol I like Genisys, I think it's an entertaining movie that doesn't deserve the hate it gets. Now I would add a caveat to that opinion in that I would put T1 & T2 in a class of their own, both in terms of movie quality and endo design (The original is still the best by a mile) But Genisys is easily the best of the rest by far imo. The latest one was especially hideous by comparison in every aspect.

Did these ever ship? It's a great looking statue.

My main concern with the Genisys movie, wasn't the plot or twist but the casting of Kyle Reese and Sarah Connor both were not able to stay faithful to the original or create their own magic within their role. Those actors just weren't suited to the role in any way shape or form. The latest movie, haha what a bad joke. The Rev 9 couldn't even take out the T-800 and was dominated by it in most scenes. Some of the action fight scenes were decent but I've never ever seen a villian terminator get beaten up so much over and over again and even at one stage Dani had ago at the bouncing clown. It never felt at any stage the Rev 9 was a threat especially from when Sarah entered the scene and it was well and truly game over once the T-800 was on board. When a terminator villian doesn't even incite that 1% dread of hopelessness then it's an automatic Fail with a big F.

The Genisys redesign, my main dislike is the head, looks too round and short, teeth oversized giving it a comical and less threatening look, the jawline seems a lot smaller. Something is missing with the red eyes, looks too beady, I think they stick out too much, should be deeper in the sockets. Body redesign is decent, all the piston and armor changes around the arms, legs and torso is a nice touch, but the head absolutely kills it for me as it no longer looks scary and feels toy like.

This statue is going to be an absolute killer as it recaptures the genisys endo to almost perfection. I can't wait to see pics from collectors, the level of detail on this one is out of this world. Custom chrome plated will ensure longevity. Theres only 99 of them, worth significantly more than 10k in today's market. As good as the P1 half scale endo is, this is on a league of it's own and next level stuff. I wonder how heavy this statue is going to be as it looks very heavy compared to genisys V1.

I was good with Sarah Connor, but Jai Courtney as Reese (or as anyone, really) is just

41G%2BrJgfWgL.jpg

Yeah she didn't look or act like the part right. She gets points for enthusiasm but that's about it. Funnily enough the T-1000 was decent, not quite like the original but definitely had that eerie feel, it would have been good if it had been in the movie a little more. Reese knocking off the gun from the T-1000 and it answering his questions...very bad writing from the directors, no human with their bare hands can knock off a weapon from any Terminator, esp an advanced model, they'd break their hand in the process!

Stingray is your endo on its way?

Are you waiting for a shipping notice, or for it to arrive in the US? Just curious.

Both. Hoping it arrived and just didn't get a notice yet. He was still getting freight quotes last we spoke for when it did arrive, but they are probably gridlocked like all the other shippers at this time of year.

Both. Hoping it arrived and just didn't get a notice yet. He was still getting freight quotes last we spoke for when it did arrive, but they are probably gridlocked like all the other shippers at this time of year.

Almost there Stingray, your patience over the years...it's going to more than pay off. In a month or so there will be a very happy collector with a real Terminator in their living room!

Thanks...can't wait to see it!!! The latest pics of it look so good! As far as I can tell CM are still accepting orders for this on their website...tough call with the OG endo at half price from SS...but Toynami quality on a life size endo is definitely going to be epic, and a longstanding winner on quality I'm sure!

Back