Cinemaquette - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with Gino. The first thing I thought when I saw the undersized chest armor and side shot of the helmet is "they used the promotional costume". Unfortunately, I probably wouldn't be able to afford the piece even if it was perfect, but it would be nice if is were a little more accurate.

Looks really nice though. I honestly think it would be more impressive as a showpiece than the SSC bust.

sdc3190resize1.jpg

:lol:lol:lol I dont understand what expression they were going for, sleepy?

Well we when finally see Vader's face the guy is on the verge of dying...I imagine dying has a way of making you feel a little tired.;)

In case you havent noticed this is based off the ESB not ROTJ.;) At the end of ROTJ, when vaders face is finally revealed, his mouth never hangs open.:dunno Even though its not screen accurate its still an awesome bonus, But whoever decided to make him look like hes bored/sleepy deserves a :slap to the face.

Not that I can afford this piece, but the Shaw head sculpt to me doesn't matter as it would never displayed, to me Vader with
no mask = death.

In case you havent noticed this is based off the ESB not ROTJ.;) At the end of ROTJ, when vaders face is finally revealed, his mouth never hangs open.:dunno Even though its not screen accurate its still an awesome bonus, But whoever decided to make him look like hes bored/sleepy deserves a :slap to the face.

Snoop....I know what movie the cinamaqutte is based upon.;)

But kudos to you for realizing that when we do finally see Vaders face.....his mouth never, never, ever hangs open. Good to know. Let's just bypass slapping the individual who allowed this atrocity and simply fire the bum.:D

Snoop....I know what movie the cinamaqutte is based.;)

But kudos to you for realizing that when we do finally see Vaders face.....his mouth never, never, ever hangs open. Let's just bypass slapping the individual who allowed this atrocity and simply fire the bum. ;)

Or we could do both.:lol

Snoop....I know what movie the cinamaqutte is based upon.;)

But kudos to you for realizing that when we do finally see Vaders face.....his mouth never, never, ever hangs open. Good to know. Let's just bypass slapping the individual who allowed this atrocity and simply fire the bum.:D

Steve Wang sculpted it. Its not a massive problem in my eyes. At least its an expression of some kind. Something that most human CM pieces lack.

Does anyone know if this is available for order yet or when it will be? Thanks!

Difficult to say buddy but I think it will be the same as with superman, he was also presented
last year at the Con and went up for preorder this year in january/february .
But with CM you never know so it could also be earlier than january 2011.

My rule of thumb is that if I can't find the inaccuracies, or if something doesn't sit right without me having to do research for reference, it's good enough for me. I certainly understand Gino's and others gripes though, and had I known them and seen them before pointed out I'd be right along with them. That said, $2500 is as high as I'd go for this.

For a $2000-$2500 personally I'd expect more than that. This is not the $15 Hasbro action figure. I agree that it looks phenomenal, but not sure if it looks $2000 phenomenal...

Difficult to say buddy but I think it will be the same as with superman, he was also presented
last year at the Con and went up for preorder this year in january/february .
But with CM you never know so it could also be earlier than january 2011.

Thanks for letting me know that mate.
I can't order from them since they don't ship overseas :gah: and the local distributors add at least $1500 to the price :mad:. I will keep an eye out for the pre order and try and tee up a US retailer.
Thanks again!

We've been looking forward to this for a long time. I think it looks pretty cool with a great display base. I like the fact that they've covered all the bases with the Sebastian Shaw head.

I won't be getting one as it's far too rich for my blood, but i am envious of those that are.

this will probably wind up being my one pre-order from this years Con.

Great piece, IMO. :rock

With all the positive reactions this piece is getting I have a feeling that this is going to be a very popular one (maybe more than the Predator), gonna have to be fast to put in the first pre-orders if you want one from the first batch !!!

Last edited:
Being Cinemaquette you can bet they will change an already great design now to screw it up by the time it ships eg. Indy, Superman.

Back