Cinemaquette - Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually I didn't know about the Stormtrooper full armor by Museum Replicas... I might get that and place on a mannequin! Do you have a clue on when it will be presented or will be available for preorder jkno?

The MRL Stomrie armor should be shown soon, I'm waiting to see it as well.

who makes 1:1 Vader stuff?

i like this CM piece, but as someone stated, the dome seems off. short. the cape is really thick too. and why no pics of it lit up...assuming it does light? at the price and scale i'd think so

You can go on RPF and on other sites/forums and try finding one. And you might get a very good 1:1 Vader suit for much less than $2000

WTF is wrong with his mouth??? He looks like hes getting ready to yawn. I expect much more from an item with a $2000 price tag.

sdc3189resize1.jpg

sdc3190resize1.jpg

sdc3191resize1.jpg

sdc3192resize1.jpg

sdc3193resize1.jpg

sdc3194resize1.jpg

sdc3197resize1.jpg

sdc3198resize1.jpg

sdc3199resize1.jpg

sdc3200resize1.jpg

Last edited:
His lean is almost a little too pronounced. Other than that, it's awesome. Looks like the Shaw head and helmet piece will be a standalone piece since they have their own display stand. I would love a background like the one they have as well. :yess:

Freakin' beautiful! Love it, love it, love it! :vader

To be honest it shows the quality the SS PF has because it doesn't blow it out of the water construction-wise especially considering the price, except the lightsaber appears far superior.

Any idea when it's coming out? Next summer?

This is awesome. Either the helmet is a bit big or the arms and legs are a bit short...maybe neither.
I give up on photos and wait until I see it.

the human head again is off like all the CM humans, look at the mouth he is probably saying NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Wonder if this would also have a switch out red blade. He'd look kind of odd when the lightsaber is unignited; and you wouldn't want to leave it on all the time as I'm sure it would eventually burn out.

more than $2k will be a pass for me - heck I can get the efx anh bucket and studio scale tie for that price.

For me this Vader is a huge disappointment.
It is clear that the Vader they used as reference is the LFL promotional Vader costume. Unfortunately, the LFL promotional Vader costume components do not match any of the film used components. The dome on the helmet sits too high. The chest armor is way undersized. The cape chain is wrong. The belt boxes and their details are completely mis-proportioned. That's just some of it.

I will say this, they did a fantastic job of replicating the suit they used as reference. If only they had used reference of a screen used costume instead, this could have been epic.
The fault for this being is a miss for me is two-part. First, that the LFL promo costume they used for reference was horribly inaccurate to the film used costume (not CM's fault), and second, that CM did not have the knowledge to realize that they were using the promo suit as reference instead of looking at reference from the actual film costume (CM's fault).

Here is a quick comparison of the LFL promo costume next to the screen used original ESB costume.

promovsoriginal.jpg

Now if you like this statue, that's all that matters. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying it.
Most people will never see the differences between the promo and screen used costumes. Some things will look 'off' to them but they will not really be able to vocalize why. Some people have already mentioned some things not looking right such as the helmet or armor. This is the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. If you want a statue, action figure, etc.. to look just like the character as he appeared in the movie, then you HAVE to use reference of that character from the actual movie. Companies like sideshow, hasbro, and CM fail at this all the time, because they use incorrect reference for their projects. Which ultimately it means the accuracy of the project is doomed from the very start.

For me this Vader is a huge disappointment.
It is clear that the Vader they used as reference is the LFL promotional Vader costume. Unfortunately, the LFL promotional Vader costume components do not match any of the film used components. The dome on the helmet sits too high. The chest armor is way undersized. The cape chain is wrong. The belt boxes and their details are completely mis-proportioned. That's just some of it.

I will say this, they did a fantastic job of replicating the suit they used as reference. If only they had used reference of a screen used costume instead, this could have been epic.
The fault for this being is a miss for me is two-part. First, that the LFL promo costume they used for reference was horribly inaccurate to the film used costume (not CM's fault), and second, that CM did not have the knowledge to realize that they were using the promo suit as reference instead of looking at reference from the actual film costume (CM's fault).

Here is a quick comparison of the LFL promo costume next to the screen used original ESB costume.

promovsoriginal.jpg

Now if you like this statue, that's all that matters. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone from buying it.
Most people will never see the differences between the promo and screen used costumes. Some things will look 'off' to them but they will not really be able to vocalize why. Some people have already mentioned some things not looking right such as the helmet or armor. This is the kind of stuff that I'm talking about. If you want a statue, action figure, etc.. to look just like the character as he appeared in the movie, then you HAVE to use reference of that character from the actual movie. Companies like sideshow, hasbro, and CM fail at this all the time, because they use incorrect reference for their projects. Which ultimately it means the accuracy of the project is doomed from the very start.

You make some valid points Gino, and I guess it all comes down to personal taste. IMHO the identified inaccuracies of the costume are not a deal breaker for me. But when you have a product at this price point, those same inaccuracies may bother other potential buyers.

Based on what I have seen, I think it would be cool as hell to have this piece in my collection. That being said I would like to see a few more pics, and I would like to know the final price.

Vader is one of those characters that can carry a premium price tag, and if Cinemaquette plans on charging more than $2,000 for this piece then I better receive authentic light sabers and actual force powers for me and three of my closest friends. :rotfl

My rule of thumb is that if I can't find the inaccuracies, or if something doesn't sit right without me having to do research for reference, it's good enough for me. I certainly understand Gino's and others gripes though, and had I known them and seen them before pointed out I'd be right along with them. That said, $2500 is as high as I'd go for this.

Back