Statue Chronicle Collectibles 1:4 Endoskeleton Statue: Terminator Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.

comp1.jpg

comp2.jpg

Start off with straight tan. Paint each tooth and let some get into the black areas between the teeth so they don't look so gap-y. Then brush the middle to the tip of each tooth with ivory. Seal with a clear satin. I used the craft-type acrylic paint.

You've got to do very light "misting" sprays or else it won't look right. The biggest issue is how fragile the paint is, I don't care for it.

I think it handles well. It feels more solid than rustoleum chrome and I've handled it a lot doing the fine details.

Great news!
It arrived yesterday. In original shipping box, With art box and all packing. Shipping box is numbered 274/500. I do not see this number any other place such as statue, statue base, etc..

My statue/kit (from ebay seller) had the neck broken, one neck cable was off and a hydraulic tube cleanly broken on a leg. I blame packaging on the broken neck. The foam to hold the statue in place is up against the forehead. This area should be open. The chest area should have been used instead to keep the statue in place for transit (all my opinion of course).

I drilled a hole into the neck and used an aluminum tube to reinforce this area. The other parts were simply put back into place.

All parts that I repaired above were glued together using two part epoxy.
I also used Floquil paints for touch up (Platinum Mist mixed with Engine black, Bright Silver).

At the moment I am not planning on a repaint.

My take on the statue is... This does not feel like a $600 dollar statue. The material it is made from (?plastic?), the way it was glued together (glue strength) and it is painted poorly (some places don't have any paint!).

Overall, the detail is excellent but not perfect. I think the paint and glue application hinders some of the detail. Paint application was sloppy if non existing in some areas. This includes the 'gun'.

I fully understand the paint color choice and it looks good in person. It has a screen look to it.

Overall, for the price I paid vs the repairs I did... This is a keeper.

Bad cell phone pictures...

Packaged...
zq4u6l1.jpg

Broken...
xILZsRs.jpg

Fixed (gun not attached)...
lXcUOeo.jpg

Back