Statue Chronicle Collectibles 1:4 Endoskeleton Statue: Terminator Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know Chronicle were offerering a large discout to shift these, $200 or so? Would guess dealers may of been offered for even less.

Regardless charging retail plus $100 for that piece shown is laughable.

I opted out of the Chrone version and got the standard for $399. Arnold has been very lonely for quite some time. I think they will look great together. Hopefully the one I get is not terrible.

Ok. So I got this guy in last night and the box weighted about 3 pounds. It seems to be made out of plastic. I don't know what I was expecting, but this seems like a 18 inch NECA figure I coulda got for $49 bucks. Was it posted anywhere that these were going to be plastic?

Something can be made out of feces and still be called a statue. What does it matter? I'm sure all those tiny little pieces would be crazy brittle if they were cast in polystone.

Something can be made out of feces and still be called a statue. What does it matter? I'm sure all those tiny little pieces would be crazy brittle if they were cast in polystone.

What does it matter? It matters because 1 company is charging $599. For something another company did for $49.99.

So what you're saying is NECA can do it for $49.99 but Chronicle can charge $599. Because it would be brittle if it was cast in polystone?

Why do some people just like to argue?

It might be time to close the thread again...

Just out of curiosity, did you buy this "statue"?

Last edited:
What does it matter? It matters because 1 company is charging $599. For something another company did for $49.99.

So what you're saying is NECA can do it for $49.99 but Chronicle can charge $599. Because it would be brittle if it was cast in polystone?

Why do some people just like to argue?

It might be time to close the thread again...

Just out of curiosity, did you but this "statue"?

That NECA was a POS. I have had both and even though the CC one was very poorly done, it is still a much better piece than the NECA toy. CC is NOT charging $599 for this, it was heavily discounted due to the issues.

I also agree, what a statue is made out of has nothing to do with it actually being a statue or not.

I wouldn't say the CC endo is not a statue, but I do think there is at some point a distinction between what is a statue and what is not based on what it is made of. You can go into a dollar store and buy a cheap bisque rooster and most people would consider it a statue. If that same rooster is hollow plastic, no one is going to consider that a statue. It's at best a "figure", however vague that term is.

in the case of this endo, because of the material and how it's constructed, you would be very hard pressed not to consider this a finished model.

That NECA was a POS. I have had both and even though the CC one was very poorly done, it is still a much better piece than the NECA toy. CC is NOT charging $599 for this, it was heavily discounted due to the issues.

I also agree, what a statue is made out of has nothing to do with it actually being a statue or not.

Of course the NECA was a POS, it's a $50 toy. And yes, Chronicle was charging $600 for this POS. Just because they had issues and tons of customer complaints and returns and heavily discount it due to the issues, doesn't take away from fact they were charging $600 for a plastic "statue". They only discounted them so they wouldn't get stuck with them. It's not like half way through the process they said, hey! We lied about toynami being involved and now we're going to make the POS plastic "statue" but we will heavily discount it. No. They knew the changes they made and didn't notify the customer/people who preordered it. Seems like you're trying to defend them because they discounted it. They were forced to. Only after they tried to push this over priced POS on people. My vendor bought 60 of them. When does that happen? Never. Vendors normally get 3-4. This company is a joke.

Of course the NECA was a POS, it's a $50 toy. And yes, Chronicle was charging $600 for this POS. Just because they had issues and tons of customer complaints and returns and heavily discount it due to the issues, doesn't take away from fact they were charging $600 for a plastic "statue". They only discounted them so they wouldn't get stuck with them. It's not like half way through the process they said, hey! We lied about toynami being involved and now we're going to make the POS plastic "statue" but we will heavily discount it. No. They knew the changes they made and didn't notify the customer/people who preordered it. Seems like you're trying to defend them because they discounted it. They were forced to. Only after they tried to push this over priced POS on people. My vendor bought 60 of them. When does that happen? Never. Vendors normally get 3-4. This company is a joke.
Their Preds were $50 too and they are great. Price isn't everything.

You have your facts wrong, CC did not know the factory pulled this until they started getting them and even tried to fix some of them in house. They did not try and "push" it on anyone, everyone was offered either discount or returned them for full refund. I am not "defending" them, just stating facts. It sounds like you have ulterior motives than just an unhappy fan. Stop stirring up trouble, this has already run its course months ago.

Their Preds were $50 too and they are great. Price isn't everything.

You have your facts wrong, CC did not know the factory pulled this until they started getting them and even tried to fix some of them in house. They did not try and "push" it on anyone, everyone was offered either discount or returned them for full refund. I am not "defending" them, just stating facts. It sounds like you have ulterior motives than just an unhappy fan. Stop stirring up trouble, this has already run its course months ago.

Stirring up trouble? This is a discussion fourm. That's what we're doing. If I would of known this was plastic, I wouldn't have bought it. People have the right to know... Yes I'm a bit sour with CC because I had several issues with my King Conan they didn't fix. That doesn't change the facts of what took place here. Am I not allowed to be unhappy with a purchase and discuss it amongst fellow collectors? Look what happen with "plastic man" sideshows MOS. Sideshow got bashed... did you defend them?

Last edited:
Stirring up trouble? This is a discussion fourm. That's what we're doing. If I would of known this was plastic, I wouldn't have bought it. People have the right to know... Yes I'm a bit sour with CC because I had several issues with my King Conan they didn't fix. That doesn't change the facts of what took place here. Am I not allowed to be unhappy with a purchase and discuss it amongst fellow collectors? Look what happen with "plastic man" sideshows MOS. Sideshow got bashed... did you defend them?

You are a day late and a dollar short my friend, all this was already hashed over extensively, go back and read the thread. You had plenty of warning.

I don't ever remember hearing this was plastic but I could have very easily missed it. Especially because the thread got closed from all the bickering.

It was actually mentioned that it would be plastic and other materials beforehand. So, I guess you missed that.

Back