Statue Chronicle Collectibles 1:4 Endoskeleton Statue: Terminator Genisys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess you have to give Paul at Chronicle credit for his honesty, even if it's a bit on the late side. He says in the other forum that he feels it is the most proportionate/accurate endo under 1:1 scale, but he has a problem with the fit, finish and overall look. He is clearly not happy with the factory that was used (not Toynami) and would never use anyone but Toynami in the future. He is personally doing a quality check on each endo and shipping out only the best ones. Not an ideal situation, to say the least:(

P.S...darkmummy's photos above appear to be examples of what Paul is referring to...

Full quote:
Well after going through about 80 of these, the gun is the least of the issues I had with this piece. The gun replicates what I painted pretty well and I like the different tonal values on the Endo.

Fit, Finish and overall look is what I have had problems with.

This piece was made by a different factory and NOT Toynami. We will no longer be using this factory and have fired our rep that was handling these.

Moving forward if it takes a little longer for Toynami to produce something due to their schedule, we are going to wait. I will never get into this situation again and I hope you guys will hang in there with us.

I will say that this is the most proportionate and accurate Endoskeleton made to date in anything under 1-1 scale.

Legacy Effects did all of the prints for this from the original files.

I'm going through these personally and I will QC every last one myself to ensure only the best of what we received gets shipped. I am also making minor changes and fixes where I can.

Thank you for your patience,

Paul

This looks really bad. Sucks for those that waited so long for it. Paul defending it is pretty hilarious too. The most "proportionate" and "accurate, huh?" Who cares.

When you see how CC compares to SS's 1/4 endo:

Darb's pictures has been the best pictures to date and CC owes him huge as it stopped the bleeding. However, how did Paul not see the glaring defect Darb's endo has with its eyes. One's outside center is silver and the other is black - looks like the endo has a black eye.

Also, with CC's reveal that Toynami was not the manufacturer . . . . isn't that a bait and switch?

I will get mine tomorrow. Sounds like Paul is spilling the beans upon release. He left a lot of people in anticipation of not knowing how it will turn out. This would minimize the loss of investment. Lesson learned I will not buy or PO from Chronicle again until I see in hand pics and reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At this stage, it's probably too late given that it's shipping, but worth a try. I got a refund off them, but it was ages ago when production pics started surfacing.

The Sideshow endoskeleton does look better, although it's a prototype. We'll have to wait and see if they can replicate that on the production piece.

Yea...it's funny how he mentions the factory AFTER people start getting it. Cant risk all those cancels ahead of time. :/

I still think they risked it all on the fact they wanted to do Genisys.
While we could argue designs and whatnot, the overall movie was pretty lack-luster, thus for me personally, makes me not wanting anything from it.

They didn't want to do Genisys they wanted to do Terminator and Genisys was their only option.

Spending years saying how great this Toynami produced Endo is going to be then divulging it wasn't actually made by them once it starts shipping, to mediocre reviews, seems beyond shady to me.

Thank God a HCG Endo became available before I ordered this.
Dodged a bullet there.

CC is a shady company. They've had numerous broken promises about products.

I wonder if CC was forced to come clean about this not being produced by Toynami. Toynami certainly would not appreciate the damage to its reputation caused by being wrongly associated with such a poorly produced statue.

How is that a reach? This isn't anything new with Chronicle. Broken promises.

Well, calling their Cain and ED 209 1:6 scale because 'Phil Tippet said so' was also a bit iffy. Just because he said so, doesn't make it a fact. They are extremely small when put next to ANY 1:6 item. Great replicas from the puppet yes, 1:6 scale though. Nope.

One thing we like about using Toynami as our manufacturer is the mixture of materials at our disposal. Like Cain we see the Endo being a blend of injection molded, resin (not polystone) and metal.

This piece was made by a different factory and NOT Toynami. We will no longer be using this factory and have fired our rep that was handling these.

I got mine yesterday. I've been posting on the other forum, but thought I should throw up a few pictures here. Let me say up front that I like Chronicle. I've been very happy with most of the stuff I've ordered. My first let down came when I received the 1/5 male T-rex bust. Most people raved about it. I was disappointed with it and said so. People blasted me for it. At least I was honest.

I will be honest about this too. It's a really nice piece...great presence....very imposing. The detail is superb, not soft by any means. That is important, because without the crispness of the lines this wouldn't be any better than Neca's 18" T2 endo. The paint is way too dark and just not professionally applied. Not a lot of pictures have been posted so far, so I'm not sure if I received one of the better ones. Mine doesn't seem to have huge issues other than the color.

I took the first series of pictures outside in natural light. It was an overcast day, but not dark by any means. The first picture gives you a pretty good idea of how dark it actually is. Back inside with general soft room lighting, lamps etc, it did look better. The clear does help it to shine. From a few feet away, it's very nice to look at. You can convince yourself that the coloring has more to do with the lighting.

I took one picture directly under some fluorescent lighting to see how different it would look. It definitely makes a difference, but you wouldn't be wrong in saying that it's just smoke and mirrors. No one is going to display this outside. You can make this look good with the proper choice of lighting, but that's not something you should have to do with a $500+ collectible. Even though it should have been so much more, I am keeping mine. I never clamored for a chrome look, so the expected color choice was never an issue. The color of course is not what was expected, but it at least still has a metal look to it.

I think anybody that ordered this and keeps it should get a $100 credit towards a future purchase. CC was not totally blameless in this.

005.JPG
015.JPG

Back