Chronicle Collectibles 1:2 Robocop Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s actually accurate for the film. He wore lipstick in some scenes

:lol C'mon man. It doesn't look right on the bust. There was never one point in the film that his lips looked like this;

972dd57cd31f8eb9bb87f2a341abacab.jpg

:lol C'mon man. It doesn't look right on the bust. There was never one point in the film that his lips looked like this;

972dd57cd31f8eb9bb87f2a341abacab.jpg

Maybe get your TV ISF-calibrated?

From Paul over on SF:

“You guys need to watch Robocop again. Our paint technical advisor who painted all the suits for the film and worked on the make-up said that he wore lipstick. Very close to how we've painted it. When he had the helmet on at the first of the film and was brand new you couldn't see the contract of his mouth, so they added a lip color. As he progresses through the film and removes his helmet he becomes more human and his lip color becomes more natural.

Even MGM was a stickler about the lips having more color and even the guys at Tippett Studio agreed.

We worked hard to get this one as close as possible.

I feel that this is probably the best paint work on a replica Robocop yet and I would consider doing a 1:1 if I could find a good set of parts.

Paul”

a1511b74d6b347f3f16d9c7c8aea6399.jpg

4e2a2ab30c6fddb90bc302db669a9d4e.jpg

From Paul over on SF:

“You guys need to watch Robocop again. Our paint technical advisor who painted all the suits for the film and worked on the make-up said that he wore lipstick. Very close to how we've painted it. When he had the helmet on at the first of the film and was brand new you couldn't see the contract of his mouth, so they added a lip color. As he progresses through the film and removes his helmet he becomes more human and his lip color becomes more natural.

I feel that this is probably the best paint work on a replica Robocop yet and I would consider doing a 1:1 if I could find a good set of parts.

Paul”

a1511b74d6b347f3f16d9c7c8aea6399.jpg

4e2a2ab30c6fddb90bc302db669a9d4e.jpg

8e44f10553ab1db210247f480c420010.jpg

6b76b1733d4c3b16319a28e63f1ec31c.jpg

I agree that in some scenes his lips looked like he had lipstick on.

To be clear, this piece is absolutely amazing in person.
The paint job is really astonishing !
I just prefer the more natural look for this bust.
I might also change the shape a bit.
The combination of the color and shape makes them look cartoony.
I think making them wider will also improve the overall look.

Opinions anyone?

88e20542a4342a671db4eefa21a9783f.jpg

54d0e5b13551c3ca416a7935209ebc06.jpg

53c553e6369b9164169016e30a1cb8db.jpg

Get my TV calibrated? Lmao I can't tell if you're serious.

I've seen Robocop plenty of times, the pictures you posted don't look like he's wearing pink lip stick. The overall shape and sculpt just doesn't look right. The armor is awesome though.

Unfortunately I’m selling off my Robocop collection because we are downsizing. So my Chronicle Bust and all the Enterbay and Hot Toys Figures along with vintage sealed Kenner pieces must go. Will be putting everything up on evilbay this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From Paul over on SF:

Even MGM was a stickler about the lips having more color and even the guys at Tippett Studio agreed.

We worked hard to get this one as close as possible.

Paul”

It's not really about the design, the big issue there was the visor being too big, that was pointed out but they did not change it. The lips thing is to do with paint application. On the prototype it's fine, on the retail piece, it's terrible;

RobocopBust_0.jpg

Thanks, love to see yours when finished.
Did you only did the lips or the cheeks as well?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I think this is the result I’m sticking with.
Just have to add the final matte clear coat

6de17e5edc09f2567f8db4cef5743ddb.jpg
b79f2fd116095d2df414be7d1cc69923.jpg

3ee3921084e5dab083953f3a53604a8d.jpg

Back