Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No way you should have to pay to send that back. I would talk to a manager.

Well, the whole "I just don't like it" doesn't mean there's anything "wrong" with the statue. Therefore, shipping is on you. Had it been broken, defective (it is a defective statue just by looking at it, but hell, it was like that ever since it was shown).

The whole PVC argument might help though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, the whole "I just don't like it" doesn't mean there's anything "wrong" with the statue. Therefore, shipping is on you. Had it been broken, defective (it is a defective statue just by looking at it, but hell, it was like that ever since it was shown).

Look at his posts, plenty of problems not just "I don't like it"

Thedorkknight74, not sure if you were asking me this question but if you are here is my response:
It's really not relevant what my opinion was or why I bought this figure in the first place, what is relevant is I got It "I"opened it and did not like what "I" saw in hand and I'm returning it asap...period. As for other collectors that are received this and like it congrats.

Sent from my iPhone 6 plus

I'd return it too. With the frayed cape, leaning plastic base, I'd argue that's cause enough to return. "We will pay for return shipping only when the return / exchange as a result of our error such as a defect, collectible damages, or an error in filling your order. If the purchase is being returned for any other reason than those previously stated, the buyer will be responsible for all shipping charges, including those to return the item(s) to us. The refund will be for the purchase price minus any applicable shipping charges." Frayed cape and leaning base. Those are defects. I've seen those movies tons of times, Supes never snagged his cape running out the door to to keep the dam from bursting.

Hahaha!

Well.

I quite like him. Skin tone, costume and likeness are really great IMO.

The hem on the Cape is poor however, looks unfinished. Expression on Reeve's face makes me think that's what people mean when they don't see Reeve in it, we remember Reeve as quite animated and happy in the film a lot and he really isn't on the piece. Black base thing, still don't know why they just didn't make the base just more Hoover dam.

Still like it though.

Had a small break on one of the water elements.
9e18a01b361963e706020a39c8733263.jpg

70b3ed1a520f6e2c04369030999f3b9c.jpg

75a581cced337a7f125d0d379979f759.jpg

Hahaha!

Well.

The hem on the Cape is poor however, looks unfinished. Expression on Reeve's face makes me think that's what people mean when they don't see Reeve in it, we remember Reeve as quite animated and happy in the film a lot and he really isn't on the piece. Black base thing, still don't know why they just didn't make the base just more Hoover dam.

Still like it though.

I was at first a little shocked to see you say this, then I remembered you have a positive Rambo PF youtube video! :wink1:

Honestly, that's what I search for to find your video's, NEVER TAKE IT DOWN!

Normally I like all the oddball stuff that everyone else seems to hate. I wear Charlton comics T-shirts and still argue the merits of the Vectrex as the greatest gaming system of all time. This though...

Hahaha!

Well.

Still like it though.

Looking swell Chin, glad you are okay with yours. Are you going to keep the knowledge crystal with the comic PF? That is how I will display mine as it doesn't fit the Chris Reeve piece at all.

Do you have any wobble in your base? I was saying to BMR that I might make get a metal base milled up, cutting out the middle portion and therefore lowering the dam section and adding some much needed weight at the same time... mine has been delivered but I won't get to him until Friday :( One can see the unfinished hem in your pics... seems he might need a bit of TLC to get just right.

Look forward to review and seeing him as the guest of honor on the Aus collectors chat :wink1:

The poor ass job on the shield emblem should be enough to have it returned for free, I'd say.

As much as I'm disappointed with the cape and base, I still like the statue. Seeing Chin's picks where he's standing straight really makes me see how much mine leans. I'm going to send a request to SS for a new body without a broken leg. If they can't do it or offer me credit I'll just send the whole thing back.

Hahaha!

Well.

Still like it though.

9e18a01b361963e706020a39c8733263.jpg

70b3ed1a520f6e2c04369030999f3b9c.jpg

75a581cced337a7f125d0d379979f759.jpg

Nice set up! Dust must suck though. Is Reeve's pf bigger than comic supes pf? Looks much bigger in pics. Nice bust of bats and Supes! Thanks for the pics!

Chin. Those pics make it really look nice. I think some of best pics that properly show how nice this piece can look. I really like mine as well. Looks like you just need to adjust that belt so no red shows over it :) Awesome set up!!

Back