Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That policy really SUX, btw. Holding your reward points hostage and forcing you to keep a piece you would have otherwise cancelled or returned. How can this policy improve one's brand..?

How can a policy of awarding points with every purchase so you can get discounts with future purchases? Sounds like a great brand improvement.

And yes, I know what you meant.

I know delays are just part of the hobby but considering the initial release date for this was October 2014 I'm getting frustrated. A month or two isn't a big deal but 6 months is irritating. Probably doesn't help my mood that I'm getting new delay notices from SS every week for other pieces I have on PO.

I know delays are just part of the hobby but considering the initial release date for this was October 2014 I'm getting frustrated. A month or two isn't a big deal but 6 months is irritating. Probably doesn't help my mood that I'm getting new delay notices from SS every week for other pieces I have on PO.

That isn't too bad. I ordered Sinestro, and the original shipping date for him was June 2014. He started shipping last month.

I would've cancelled if I didn't use $200 in reward points on this.

well-crap-cow-fence.jpg

That isn't too bad. I ordered Sinestro, and the original shipping date for him was June 2014. He started shipping last month.

That's horrible. I've dealt with long delays before but I think the port strike has made things even worse. I thought I'd be bombarded with releases when it was resolved but instead I'm bombarded with delay notices. What makes it worse is not knowing if I'm going to receive a statue in good condition or get one with QC issues. Makes it tough to stay excited for some of the stuff on order.

I got the same email but I have to admit that I'm really worried...

Glad to see you're all getting him soon, i really hope you all enjoy him a bit more than i do. I've had him for about 2 weeks now and i still can't decide if i like it or not. This is the first piece i've felt so torn about. I have Jekyll and Hyde syndrome when i look at it. There really is alot of issues with it, but there's alot of good things about it too. I'm looking forward to seeing some more in hand pics and comments with him. Good luck guys and hopefully yours don't come with the same issues as mine.

So I'm assuming they finally have him in the warehouse now. I'm just like everyone else tho...so ready to get him bt scared at the same time. What a weird feeling lol

Glad to see you're all getting him soon, i really hope you all enjoy him a bit more than i do. I've had him for about 2 weeks now and i still can't decide if i like it or not. This is the first piece i've felt so torn about. I have Jekyll and Hyde syndrome when i look at it. There really is alot of issues with it, but there's alot of good things about it too. I'm looking forward to seeing some more in hand pics and comments with him. Good luck guys and hopefully yours don't come with the same issues as mine.
What did you really like about it?

What did you really like about it?

Well, iv'e gotta say the pose has sort of grown on me, he looks quite impressive when displayed up high. His suit is nicely done excluding the shield and cape, kinda wish they hadve gone with a sculpted one now like the comic PF. The base is also well done and i love the water effect even though it doesnt sit anywhere near flush into the damn. The head sculpt is pretty good also, nice paint, much better in person. As a huge Christopher Reeve as Superman fan it just leaves me with a more what could have been feeling. I certainly dont hate it, but with some of the quality issues, like his cape which is too light in color and almost paper thin, the stitching on his shield has to be the most disappointing though, and the chess piece part of the base looks cheap and doesnt support the piece very well at all.

Back