Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will you be keeping yours if the emblem looks like what folks have got in-hand so far? I have one coming, but am really torn as to keeping it if the shield looks like those that we've seen in-hand... :pray:

likelihood is that another Reeve Superman statue will probably be a long time coming (unless a custom piece is commissioned). Whilst its not 100% Reeve and the proportions/pose look slightly awkward, I still think the dynamism of the pose and diormic base certainly gives this piece the edge over other Reeve Superman collectibles in my opinion. With that said, the tailoring on the emblem does look exceptionally poor :(

Those profile shots are quite telling in regards to the bulk of the piece, looks almost emancipated as compared to the comic version.

Surely you meant emaciated?

My opinion on this hasn't changed. Let's just say it's not positive.

likelihood is that another Reeve Superman statue will probably be a long time coming (unless a custom piece is commissioned). Whilst its not 100% Reeve and the proportions/pose look slightly awkward, I still think the dynamism of the pose and diormic base certainly gives this piece the edge over other Reeve Superman collectibles in my opinion. With that said, the tailoring on the emblem does look exceptionally poor :(

That is the one thing that has stopped me from cancelling. Considering the rotten reception this piece has received SS will likely wash their hands of it and not bother revisiting Reeve in any further capacity, the likelihood of seeing another SS Reeve piece... very low to non-existent. Guess I will role the dice and see what I get :dunno

Surely you meant emaciated?

My opinion on this hasn't changed. Let's just say it's not positive.

Well spotted sir! Could be both... he is liberated in flight (I guess) and free of any oppression or bulk in the torso, legs, arms well just about everywhere :wink1:

hopefully you guys get at least a good emblem...or ask for a hefty discount given the cost of this thing.

Mine will be here Friday but I'll be out of town until Sunday :mad: Hopefully he arrives without any issues--the emblem is annoying but I need to see what I get before I decide if it's a deal breaker. I can't believe how tall this is when compared to the Superman PF. I don't know where the hell I'm going to put him.

They look good together but I'm giving this one a miss for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That skin tone, even as compared to the comic PF in the same picture, is so dark. I'm definitely concerned about the emblem but the scrawny legs were mentioned when the prototype was first shown.

I'm still holding out hope that this will be nice in person. These pictures are definitely much better than the first ones that we saw a few weeks ago. Hope it gets here by Friday.

Mine will be here Friday but I'll be out of town until Sunday :mad: Hopefully he arrives without any issues--the emblem is annoying but I need to see what I get before I decide if it's a deal breaker. I can't believe how tall this is when compared to the Superman PF. I don't know where the hell I'm going to put him.

I was thinking about this very same thing and how to get around getting shelves that A. don't have enough height space between shelves and B. are divided too much, I like my PF's to be with each other not separated and doing so without building cusom shelves.

So I came up with an idea, it seems a lot of people are getting PAXs because they come 93" tall and can be divided into 30" shelves but are still only 39" wide. Instead of buying shelves for the PAX frames, would it be logistically viable to just buy the frames and turn them on their side. You could buy the shorter frame, 78" and stack two, or if you have high ceilings 3, on top of each other. This would give you a about 75" across with no dividers to place your PF's and a total shelf height of about 39" which would fit even the tallest Maquettes and PFs....The question is would the side walls hold the weight.

That's the only question I have.

So how would sideshow go about a refund on this if when we get it and are absolutely unhappy with it bt technically there isn't any "flaws" with the piece? Mine shipped today also and I'm really hoping when in hand I can decide I'm ok with it bt....

there doesn't have to be an "issue" for a refund - you will only be left with the shipping costs.
I see! It's not like a sideshow credit only type of deal tho is it? They refund ur credit card on file I'm sure?

no, the $$ goes back on your credit card. be mindful though that any points you may have used are lost.

I was thinking about this very same thing and how to get around getting shelves that A. don't have enough height space between shelves and B. are divided too much, I like my PF's to be with each other not separated and doing so without building cusom shelves.

So I came up with an idea, it seems a lot of people are getting PAXs because they come 93" tall and can be divided into 30" shelves but are still only 39" wide. Instead of buying shelves for the PAX frames, would it be logistically viable to just buy the frames and turn them on their side. You could buy the shorter frame, 78" and stack two, or if you have high ceilings 3, on top of each other. This would give you a about 75" across with no dividers to place your PF's and a total shelf height of about 39" which would fit even the tallest Maquettes and PFs....The question is would the side walls hold the weight.

That's the only question I have.

I've been considering getting a PAX but can't figure out how to make it work in my room and other displays. Right now I'm putting statues in bestas and on top of detolfs. This will have to go on top of a detolf or somewhere else in the house right now.

no, the $$ goes back on your credit card. be mindful though that any points you may have used are lost.
Yea true...really hope I can bring myself to keeping it tho bt man it has alot going against it lol

Last one

11102960_809158402502057_8944035271501166100_n.jpg

Back