Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I always wonder what the talented folks who create these things think after seeing the final production pieces. I imagine they are as frustrated as we are.

I would like to get a CR Superman but there are way too many minuses on this piece. The head sculpt doesn't even look like Reeve. And there is no emotion on it - so lifeless. Two. As so many others mentioned, the pose just looks awkward. He looks bent and seems so unnatural. Three. The borders on the shield that is not even all around - how can you mess this up when this is so iconic and so crucial to a character? Four. I prefer the base to bigger instead of just a block. And five. The legs looks like sticks. They don't look proportionate to the whole body. Of course this is only my opinion.

I personally think that once SSC saw these pics they should have ... and I mean bare minimum... started to offer a decale or piece similar to what they had for the comic PF that would fit right over the stitched in shield because that thing is a mess. It also appears to be consistently off center and over way to far over to the right so that the boarder is super thin on that side and way wider on the other.

I personally think that once SSC saw these pics they should have ... and I mean bare minimum... started to offer a decale or piece similar to what they had for the comic PF that would fit right over the stitched in shield because that thing is a mess. It also appears to be consistently off center and over way to far over to the right so that the boarder is super thin on that side and way wider on the other.

I'll bet that no two of these will look alike. They are going to be all over the place. This thing has bargain bin written all over it. The shield material also looks softer in a pajama sort of way. Not sure there is a fix for this, even a stick on shield will not mask the problem.

Really hard to fathom that they went full bore on releasing this like it is. Would have been better for them to skip this project entirely.

For those interested, I was on the live chat a while ago and they told me they're still not sure whether he will be arriving this Wednesday/week or not. So, my guess is we're looking into another delay.

For those interested, I was on the live chat a while ago and they told me they're still not sure whether he will be arriving this Wednesday/week or not. So, my guess is we're looking into another delay.
Yea i bet last flex gets pushed back another month on this! That would make how many times now? Lol

With any luck, those shields are rejected and we at least get a product at the same standard as the prototype.

In an ideal world, they'd look at the stability and constuction issues mentioned too. And the capes not being all creased up :)
Yea that would be ideal bt i highly doubt we get that lucky lol. We can wish tho :pray:

...Were my posts deleted? I didn't call anything crap, I said the design was flawed and I didn't say anyone should be fired, I said the design head was to blame for the flawed design. Is this no longer allowed?

Posts referencing/quoting deleted posts are also deleted, even if there is no new offensive content.

I would've cancelled if I didn't use $200 in reward points on this.

Homer-Simpson.jpg

Back