Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think XM uses Artgerm design for their works too, comic base I suppose?

ArtGerm doesn't do that much Panel work, more splashes and covers. However, he does KILLER designs for women. Maybe not so much for men (XMs Hulk has an awful posse and facial design). I am pretty sure that right now XM is using Hive Studios for most of their designs. The thing is that it takes an understanding of the character and a vision of what will look cool, AND then a proper execution. If any step in that process falters then you have pieces like this one where the pieces just don't fit together. Like any company SSC, Koto, and XM will have pieces that just don't live up to what we see in our heads. I am sculpting my first full body piece right now, and as much as I am probably going to love it when I am done, not everyone will. That is just the way it works.

I received mine yesterday and ive gotta say its one of the weirdest pieces design wise ive ever seen. First off CR body is polystone, not too heavy and certainly not light, then we have the base which is some sort of extremely light resin that feels hollow which leads me to the whatever part of the base at the bottom which is also very lightweight and plastic. Now when you join them all up the body is way too heavy for the base and just never quite sits right and i get the feeling he's going to fall over at any moment. It just doesnt make any sense why they didnt make the whole thing polystone especially the base to support the counter weight of the body. Also the water effects look great but dont fit anywhere near flush into the flimsy base so they just kind of hang there waiting to drop out. Not sure if this was just my piece but all in all a very flawed just in its stability.

I thought the whole point of the "chess" base was to give the thing support. sorry to hear it is so light. I wonder if something screwed up between what SS wanted and what the factory delivered.

That sucks bro. Everyone knows that any base needs to be heavy enough to support what it is meant to. You do not want to see your of supes fly off the shelf. Are you keeping him?

Oh, and the whole broken dam part of the base doesnt fit properly onto the bottom chess piece, its very loose and freely spins around like a top, kinda like theyve done it so you can turn it as if it was on a lazt susan without having to physically move it, but with the stability issue you just dont want to touch it. just WEIRD!!! WEIRD!!! WEIRD!!! It feels like it needed to come with some hobby glue to finish it yourself. Ive contacted sideshow about it, i'm really curious to see their response. I cant really complain about CR himself, he looks quite good, much better in person than, well pretty much all of the pics ive seen. His suit looks and fits great, sculpt and paint are decent, only gripe would be his cape is too thin, you can actually see through it. Will probably send it back for a replacement just to see if the one that i got was just retarded.

Cape that thin? Crap that sucks. Glad I ordered regular superman pf figure. I am a big Reeves fan, and this is dissapointing to hear. I still remember seeing Superman in the movie theatre as a kid when it first came out.

Same here, i would really like to keep him for that reason, but? Like i said when hes set up and you find that exact spot where theres no real lean or gravity failure he looks quite impressive. Hopefully i get a replacement that hasnt got these issues. Never had to go through the process of a replacement before. I,ll post some pics of him up in a bit.

... then we have the base which is some sort of extremely light resin that feels hollow which leads me to the whatever part of the base at the bottom which is also very lightweight and plastic...

This is a confusing conclusion as I confirmed with SS today that the base, in its entirety, is indeed polystone. The only plastic ('er PVC) parts are the head sculpt and hands, and resin (as mentioned) in the water components.

SupManFug.jpg

Couple of quick pics of Reeve. Got mine in Australia!!! Sorry look so long to put em up

Just saw it today at my local comic shop in Australia, it's actually not a bad statue overall and when u look up at it if it's on a shelf higher than your line of sight, the floating pose works. Up close though it was ok, nothing spectacular but definitely not as weird as I initially thought.

I don't know man the S looks funny like a kid cut it. The pose is weird it won't look good if you display your statues in a raw together. But if you display it alone and high it can look quite good that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back