Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks a lot :)
BTW. I really love your man of steel pics. They really showcase the piece very well and has been the thing that is making me pick one up. Sideshow should hire you to take their production pics. Yours are much better than the pics on the SS site. Im looking forward to seeing more or your pics of upcoming statues.

Come on now! How am I going to stay recreationally mad at you if you post stuff like that? :lol

If you are picking up the MOS piece, pay careful attention to what I posted below. The shots that you like take some care to get. You DO have to work with the piece. Not that its that difficult to do, but you do have to keep things in perspective. I don't want a false advertising rap!

....There is honestly one angle, and one angle only with a variance/tolerance of about 20 to 30 degrees only) in which the MOS piece really looks great (or at least as great as the Prototype which some were never sold on, I acknowledge). Beyond that, its not very good at all. BUT, at the end of the day, all of these PFs are display pieces, not toys. So you figure out how to display them and take advantage of that "one good angle" perhaps. This is true of any sculpture or no matter the value or prestige.

This thing is horrible. Can you imagine setting this next to the Rambo PF?? I wonder if there is a collector on this board that has the Rambo and has PO'd this. If so I think a permanent ban is in order.

Ya know I am going to have to watch my Superman blu ray again... I know there is all this talk about the suit being screen accurate.. But I don't remember it looking sewn on like that... MAny photos people have been using are publicity shots and I am not 100% sold that that was the same suit used in the film..

Here it looks much better then some of the other photos. The SSC piece does seem to be based on the publicity shots though. Perhaps they all are one and the same... Not sure if SSC should not have taken some artistic license there though.

There were a lot of suits used in production and there are subtle differences between them in the shape of the \S/. To my knowledge the suit used in the early promo images was never used during the shooting of the film.

portrait5.jpgsuperman.jpg

I'd say that the logo on the statue is pretty accurate to the movie. Shame they couldn't have used a pose that was seen on screen too.

There were a lot of suits used in production and there are subtle differences between them in the shape of the \S/. To my knowledge the suit used in the early promo images was never used during the shooting of the film.

I'd say that the logo on the statue is pretty accurate to the movie. Shame they couldn't have used a pose that was seen on screen too.
That logo in the pics looks much better than the previous statue pic. Hopefully they are not all like that.

Also, the logo on Sideshow's prototype looks nothing like the one in the previous pics, so I don't see how can someone say they screwed it on purpose, for sake of accuracy.

I don't want to base a decision to cancel this based on those first pictures but if the logo really is that bad, it will bother me everytime I see it. I know it doesn't matter to many but I don't really like that it has been changed to PVC either. I am trying hard not to pre-judge it. Someone's waitlist may convert next Monday. Just sayin'...

Last edited:
Back