Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure your Photoshop skills can save this one Josh.... His outfit is bad, his pose is bad his likeness is bad, it's just a bad statue all around... For a big company like Sideshow they should of thrown this out and started over... Just goes to show you the bean counters are in charge, only bean counters would push this out the door.

you said it man. The SS of the past would never have released this.

I might cancel this

I not going to cancel..I want to see it in person..and if I was to hate it in person I would cancel it with a baseball bat..but I like it for now

he perfectly mounted for a home run

Last edited:
I really don't like the stitching on the top of the emblem. It looks really sloppy with that gap up there. Hard to believe they didn't fix that.

I hate everything about this statue. The pose, the base, the likeness.
Waoo the best Superman ever with the worst statue representation ever. F* sideshow. Why with superman!!! Why!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reeve is probably turning in his grave!!!

Cmon folks upload those SDCC videos to youtube! Not enough material yet!

I know I'm one of the small few that are looking forward to getting this but I really am. I was on the fence but took the plunge and am glad I did. I think it's going to look really cool next to the Keaton PF.

Man what a shame and a wasted opportunity to make an epic statue. I was waiting for in hand shots of this before deciding to pull the trigger, but I've seen enough with the videos and photo's from Con. This looks bad, and I've never seen the Cinemaquette in person, but from what I've seen in video and photo's, that one leaves a lot to be desired too. I've been waiting since '78 to get the a great Reeve statue-the wait continues as I stick with my Hot Toys.

Man what a shame and a wasted opportunity to make an epic statue. I was waiting for in hand shots of this before deciding to pull the trigger, but I've seen enough with the videos and photo's from Con. This looks bad, and I've never seen the Cinemaquette in person, but from what I've seen in video and photo's, that one leaves a lot to be desired too. I've been waiting since '78 to get the a great Reeve statue-the wait continues as I stick with my Hot Toys.

Coolest story broooo

If memory serves, there were two Indiana Jones PFs from SS inside a year or two. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 18 mos or so another Reeve PF materializes and SS, while admitting nothing, and with no comment about the reception of this piece has a new offering out there and start to quietly rake in the money... Just a thought.

I think the head sculpt is pretty solid, in my opinion, I don’t know why it’s taking so much criticism. The pose, and proportions on the other hand….

I'd say the head sculp is recognizable. That IS something, I guess. I've seen much worse. The costume is descent. The rest is a train wreck, and the OK parts don't even begin to rescue the complete package, IMHO...

I'd say the head sculp is recognizable. That IS something, I guess. I've seen much worse. The costume is descent. The rest is a train wreck, and the OK parts don't even begin to rescue the complete package, IMHO...
If the rest of the statue was good I could live with the headsculpt, but it is just one thing in a long list of bad choices.

If memory serves, there were two Indiana Jones PFs from SS inside a year or two. I wouldn't be surprised if in the next 18 mos or so another Reeve PF materializes and SS, while admitting nothing, and with no comment about the reception of this piece has a new offering out there and start to quietly rake in the money... Just a thought.

A completely new PF piece in the near future i doubt. Maybe just transform this piece into Evil Superman.....like they did with the stormtrooper-blachole.
I would dig an evil PF version, but not by this sculpt.

GAAAACK! Pretty much EVERY other SS product looks better at the con than the online photos. This looks worse, much worse.

Pretty telling that SS doesn't even believe in it, as they are slashing the ES rather than just cutting the initial production short. Orders for this must be Rick O'Connell level bad.

Back