Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The skin texture looks so nice, very realistic for a statue. I hope Sideshow use in the future this new technique for all the statues and busts. Especially for 1:2 and above, this couls been intereting. To bad, that its to late for the Batman Keaton PF.

Comic Con Pics Marvel Booth

C1FF8DF9-C4BC-4B71-8F1B-556AE08D67C7_zpsplmgycww.jpg

Serisously though... I just don't think this piece was ready for SDCC display.. If that is really how the final "suit" is going to looks... Ahh. What is going on with the S?? THe cape tucked in the back, the wrinkels, it just does not say High End collectable to me.

I still hate the pose. The sculpt, while OK from some angels, really looks off from others.

For those who still love it.... Congrats!!!!

attachment.php

Serisously though... I just don't think this piece was ready for SDCC display.. If that is really how the final "suit" is going to looks... Ahh. What is going on with the S?? THe cape tucked in the back, the wrinkels, it just does not say High End collectable to me.

I still hate the pose. The sculpt, while OK from some angels, really looks off from others.

attachment.php
It looks like he was late for school, so his mom helped him get dressed while rushing him out the door.

attachment.php

Are you ready for this??? Are you???

yes-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2478.gif

Yep....

god_damn_right_breaking_bad.gif

I know I stood by this one, but if this is what people are getting then SSC screwed the pooch on the exectuion

Last edited:
I gotta take a screen shot and hang this on my wall ;)

I hope it turns out better in hand for people.... I really do.

LOL... Get it while the getting is good.

Honestly, almost without exception I have felt that in hand pics always look better than the product page studio shots, but in this case these look worse.

I'm still keeping my PO. Have never been crazy about the pose or the base but I think the HS looks fantastic and overall the piece should look nice in the collection. Worst case I will have it customized into a new pose with an enhanced body sculpt under the fabric.
Waiting for the MoS pics because I've been thinking about cancelling that one.

C1FF8DF9-C4BC-4B71-8F1B-556AE08D67C7_zpsplmgycww.jpg

I won't be getting this. However, as a collector, I was really looking forward to a 'definitive' Reeve Superman (by SS).

Even if its not the face, the pose looks like he's uncomfortable, the arch he has looks like there's something bothering him around his lower back. Also, the fists look too small to me, in proportion to the body. Maybe if I was a big fan and knew there wouldn't be another Reeve PF, I would have bought him.

Still, happy for the fans and folks who like him. But sincerely hope he comes out better than what is shown.

No....this is not our dearest Christopher Reeve!!! IMO even worse than proto pic at site. Don`t know if i am gonna cry or get angry.

I wanted so badly to like this statue and PO it the second it was up for order, but the initial pics didn't look quite right. Seeing these pics now, there's a lot more wrong with him than just the portrait. :(

Back