Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

"Do you feel lucky punk?" - Arnie Kim, Copland.

That Arnie Kim sculpt would cost you multiple thousands of dollars just by itself

I'd assume. A 1/6 doll head (joker) costs $1000. And looks like poo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It doesn't have to cost a fortune to be there as a resemblance and essence of the actor. Hot toys' one doesn't cost thousands of $$. Yes it's another medium but I think that Indy Jones PF also doesn't cost that much and it's likeness is spot on.

It doesn't have to cost a fortune to be there as a resemblance and essence of the actor. Hot toys' one doesn't cost thousands of $$. Yes it's another medium but I think that Indy Jones PF also doesn't cost that much and it's likeness is spot on.

We're talking about original sculpt

So, how does this work? An artist makes a sculpt (a great one) and then a full statue after? Are they mass produced? Limited qtys? Do they pay any license fees?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Customs you do a very limited run and they're not licensed AFAIK. As a result of the small run the artist/s' costs are spread out over a smaller amount of figures to sell hence the large cost. SS's(and all collectible companies) larger runs of figures allows them to collect their profits over a wider base of sales so they can offer em at a lot lower prices.

If you've got a willing sculptor, painter, tailor etc etc YOU TOO can create the awesome figs in your imagination - so long as you can also pay them for all their work lol they're probably really cheap what do you think?

A lot of customs look like garbage too.

The portrait is spot on IMHO ... It is the paint job and the lighting of the photos that are killing this. This is Matt Black's album of the sculpt before it was painted and DAMN IT LOOKS AWESOME

https://s1363.photobucket.com/user/matthewblacksculpture/library/?sort=3&page=1
View attachment 98561View attachment 98562
View attachment 98563

Quite honestly, these pics aren't helpful in deflecting the blame to the paint job. There is something very wrong in the DNA of the sculpt. In my opinion of course.

It's as if Richard Pryor was the sculptor, and couldn't identify a missing element in Superman's soul, so he substituted tar.

https://s1363.photobucket.com/user/matthewblacksculpture/library/?sort=3&page=1
View attachment 98561View attachment 98562
View attachment 98563

Quite honestly, these pics aren't helpful in deflecting the blame to the paint job. There is something very wrong in the DNA of the sculpt. In my opinion of course.

It's as if Richard Pryor was the sculptor, and couldn't identify a missing element in Superman's soul, so he substituted tar.

...I'm missing something from that analogy...

Richard Pryor was a pretty good sculptor then.

Please.... refer to him properly.

Star of Superman 3: Richard Pryor.

This thread angers Nuclear Man;

Corbis-42-23159638.jpg

Back