Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

The only issue now though is that, for the people that are looking for realism, the hands are too big. If you actually look at a person's hands they shouldn't be 3/4 the size of their head while balled up into a fist. :lol

Seriously though, a little mass does go a long way, believe me, even in drawing moving a line or a shadow a few millimeters does wonders.

My friend pointed out that the hands are too big... They could be reduced a little bit and perhaps even his feet are a tad too big. But the arms and legs need to be bulked up a tad like in the fixed up photo. I think he looks like he has underdeveloped arms, hands, and feet in the reg photos... Like they stopped growing when he turned 13.

I just can't help notice the face seem so bony and skinny somehow

The portrait is spot on IMHO ... It is the paint job and the lighting of the photos that are killing this. This is Matt Black's album of the sculpt before it was painted and DAMN IT LOOKS AWESOME

https://s1363.photobucket.com/user/matthewblacksculpture/library/?sort=3&page=1
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpg

If theres really something off about the paint apps, then we expect the same thing or even worse from the factory painters..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now that I have a closer look...I think his ears are too big..might cancel this! what a pathetic attempt to sculpt ears..

The portrait is spot on IMHO ... It is the paint job and the lighting of the photos that are killing this. This is Matt Black's album of the sculpt before it was painted and DAMN IT LOOKS AWESOME

https://s1363.photobucket.com/user/matthewblacksculpture/library/?sort=3&page=1
View attachment 98561View attachment 98562
View attachment 98563

I personally don't feel it's "spot on" and as we know I am a supporter of the head sculpt. Something still seems off and I am not sure what. It could be the stern expression or that he still seems too thin. I think I heard that he based this sculpt on a head cast. I wonder when that head cast was made. Was it Supmerman the movie or Superman QFP.

Now To me this is a spot on sculpt and I am not saying this to tear down the SSC artist. I would say his is 95% there. The Kim one is 100%

attachment.php

Just explaining what I think is "spot on"

The SSC version is a very nice sculpt though.

If theres really something off about the paint apps, then we expect the same thing or even worse from the factory painters..

good point. It will be interesting to see what this actually looks like in hand (and I am not talking about SDCC).

NOt sure if this was posted somewhere else-take a look at these over at caped wonder.com-he had a custom suit made for the 1:6 Hot Toys-some shots you would swear are straight from the 1978 movie sets-my Hot Toys version is boxed up in storage but looking at these reminds me how good they're portrait actually is

https://www.capedwonder.com/hot-toys-figures/

NOt sure if this was posted somewhere else-take a look at these over at caped wonder.com-he had a custom suit made for the 1:6 Hot Toys-some shots you would swear are straight from the 1978 movie sets-my Hot Toys version is boxed up in storage but looking at these reminds me how good they're portrait actually is

https://www.capedwonder.com/hot-toys-figures/

I just can't get over how much I hate Hot Toys figures. As cool as some of the photos are. It still looks like a Ken Doll.

I also don't think that the head sculpt is any better then this PF. It's good. But suffers from the "something is off' look that the PF has.

It will be interesting to see what this actually looks like in hand (and I am not talking about SDCC).

Exactly! Whatever piece they show at SDCC will no doubt be worked on twice over just to bait sales. It's how the shipped pieces look that matters at all. That's when the $#!+ will really hit the fan!

I like the head sculpt of hot toys.. Take note, "only the head".

Last edited:

This really shows how much more Spot on Kim's custom is.

tumblr_n2duscRlgC1trlhexo1_1280.jpg

OMG YEA!!! Now THAT is CR!!! I'd love to see the rest of the piece. I imagine the body is correct in all it proportions as well.

OMG YEA!!! Now THAT is CR!!! I'd love to see the rest of the piece. I imagine the body is correct in all it proportions as well.

I still like the SSC sculpt. On it's own it looks good. Comparing it with Kim's and actual photos that it looks like kim based it on is sort of unfair.

Pretty cool.

But I don't have thousands of $$ to spend on a statue.

$425 is fine by me. Wait until SDCC, the piece will look better.

Pretty cool.

But I don't have thousands of $$ to spend on a statue.

$425 is fine by me. Wait until SDCC, the piece will look better.

Of course it will look better at SDCC. You'll be looking at a reworked prototype. Wait til they ship... Then we can pass final judgement.

Back