Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

Some pics he looks great, other pics he looks not so great - what to do? :dunno

This piece looks terrible. Looks like he just had all his wisdom teeth pulled. For me the portrait and the anatomy is very much not there... such a shame. The pose should have also been ANYTHING but the exact pose used on The Man of Steel!!!! GEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZ SIDESHOW!!!

EZ PASS

Facts:

- Portrait: barely there. Something is really off.
- Body/Anatomy: Not there. Very skinny. Chicken legs.
- Pose: OMG! Really where is Reeve's feeling there?
- 30'' : Yeah they could also put another chess base beneath and make it 1/3 scale lol

Verdict: This is a nice Superman statue trying to resemble Christopher Reeve but the comic PF is better as a Superman statue.
It's definitely NOT a Christopher Reeve statue as Superman.

Congrats to those who like it. The above is only my opinion and not the one and only truth :wink1:

Anyone that says this looks like Reeve, I would like to point you to a opthamalogist and get laser eye surgery.

Facts:

- 30'' : Yeah they could also put another chess base beneath and make it 1/3 scale lol

Verdict: This is a nice Superman statue trying to resemble Christopher Reeve but the comic PF is better as a Superman statue.

Congrats to those who like it. The above is only my opinion and not the one and only truth :wink1:

But you just announced facts in your opinion...

MY OPINIONS:

Fixed that for you.

For me it's pretty underwhelming. I think what's happened over the years is Hot Toys continues to improve and perfect what they do and when I see the likenesses of what HT can do in 1/6th, you would tend to think that the accuracy and detail in a PF would be even more amazing. As a person who prefers the PF size, I have to say i'd rather have the 1/6 HT rendition of Reeve. The sculpt is close, but just not there for me. This was the case with Man of Steel. I ended buying the HT 1/6 because the Cavill likeness was insane and the PF just looked unfinished and wrong. And I'm not a HT fan boy because I only own one figure so far. Most the rest of what I have is Sideshow.

With that HT Reeve (which just look dead nails accurate to me), this PF Reeve doesn't have the same impact visually.

Size Chart with the Batman 89 PF :)

2iw7n88.png

Looks like sideshow have started phase in their next price increase from $400 to $425 for PFs. I am really curious to see how far they can take this before the lemmings start to jump ship in numbers ( my guess is around $500+). As Gordon Gecko would say Greed is good! :)

In term of the statue, awkward funny pose, subpar mixed media suit and forgettable ex. Boring all around. Easiest pass of all passes.

ps sideshow just because you put a rock under his base to make 30 inches, it doesn't really mean he should be priced like a real 30inch statue

I don't like anything about this piece. Easy pass. But SS will still sell thousands. People don't care if a Statue is crap, they need to have it. Crazy.

I'm going to wait till SDCC to see better pics...before I decide to order.

Seems like a bit of a dangerous figure/base setup that could be prone to toppling over.

Feel bad for anyone that was looking forward to this hot mess

Looks like sideshow have started phase in their next price increase from $400 to $425 for PFs. I am really curious to see how far they can take this before the lemmings start to jump ship in numbers ( my guess is around $500+). As Gordon Gecko would say Greed is good! :)

In term of the statue, awkward funny pose, subpar mixed media suit and forgettable ex. Boring all around. Easiest pass of all passes.

ps sideshow just because you put a rock under his base to make 30 inches, it doesn't really mean he should be priced like a real 30inch statue

I don't think this is the start of a new phase as much as the $25 is going to the Christopher Reeve Foundation as per what it says in the product description.

I've already jumped the PF completist ship due to pricing. I mean we're talking $500.00 for a hollow statue with bad QC. Think about that for a minute... You could buy a lot of Collectibles of whatever character you favor for that kind of loot. Sideshow fails to impress me anymore with 95% of their product. I only stay interested for a few select products I'm curious about.

Buy anyway... Yea, that's a lot of loot and I'm sure we can expect the rise to continue.

Back