Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

Why would you even put something up for order SS that looks nothing like what it's supposed to?

the sculpt is not far off, but it's not spot-on either. So wanted this to turn out great, but SS had to go with some awkward fist-pumping pose and a mediocre sculpt and then throw in something cheesy as the Ex. Oh well, Comic Supes PF will be my Supes centerpiece.

Wow the complaining just doesnt stop. Funniest sith ever is that ppl are making lists. Congrats to you guys getting it :) Bruce you ordered? I guess you arent a Reeve(s) fan lmao. Real talk though, fvck all them haters. Bithc a55 mofos lol

Sent from the Bat Computer

So, pretty much another Cinemaquette fiasco all over again, I take it but this time with Sideshow and a 1/4 Reeve. Yeah, that face sculpt is on par with the CM one. So I take it that base is supposed to be part of the damn busting open? Pose is fine and all but that base really kinda blows. I think one would want to prop it up against something else so it doesn't fall. Too funny. Over at statueforum.com, their mods are busting people left and right about calling out SS and the sculptor on this piece. Seems really self serving. Or serving SS's bottom line which is funny because this piece will eventually sell out quick unlike the CM one. Seems to be the same vitriol that we had with the CM one but because its SS, some people feel that certain toes should not stepped on. Makes no sense. This is just another SS piece I won't be buying. And another reason why I've stopped collecting their pieces.

P.s. SS doesnt care. They have a lot of new buyers and they are going to make more than a few statues the people that say "im not going to buy anything from SS" are eventually going to buy. Whether directly from SS or like Josh and Spidey put it, from someone later for more, much more

Yeah PO'd this morning mate.

Awesome :) chose to stay out cause I passed on the Keaton one even though I initially was going to pick both up. This was before I PO'd Hellboy and Red Skull (wasnt planning on those originally). Also with some of the Marvel stuff coming (keep the Marvel hate low please lol)I need the extra loot. Also waiting on some PCS stuff and maybe a proper Robocop this year with a goddamn Weller sculpt (or FAIL)

P.s. SS doesnt care. They have a lot of new buyers and they are going to make more than a few statues the people that say "im not going to buy anything from SS" are eventually going to buy. Whether directly from SS or like Josh and Spidey put it, from someone later for more, much more

Why would someone eventually buy something they think looks horrible at a later date, for more money? :cuckoo:

So, pretty much another Cinemaquette fiasco all over again, I take it but this time with Sideshow and a 1/4 Reeve. Yeah, that face sculpt is on par with the CM one. So I take it that base is supposed to be part of the damn busting open? Pose is fine and all but that base really kinda blows. I think one would want to prop it up against something else so it doesn't fall. Too funny. Or serving SS's bottom line which is funny because this piece will eventually sell Over at statueforum.com, their mods are busting people left and right about calling out SS and the sculptor on this piece. Seems really self serving.out quick unlike the CM one. Seems to be the same vitriol that we had with the CM one but because its SS, some people feel that certain toes should not stepped on. Makes no sense. This is just another SS piece I won't be buying. And another reason why I've stopped collecting their pieces.

I think it depends on how the criticism is made. If it's full of swears and just insulting then yeah that warrants deletion. If you wanna set up your own website called www.IhateSideshow.com then go post whatever spittle flecked rage you feel you must vent, how SS owes you this that and the other thing but if you've got some points worth making and can make them sensibly then post away.

null_zps971004d8.gif

I am actually surprised that there are this many people that dislike it. I think the haters should all stop posting here so Chin, Spidey, Ink and the three other guys who ordered it can enjoy their very own thread ;) ;) ;)

Booooooo Old joke form the Superman Comic PF thread ;)

Anyways.... It's hard to tell how good the sculpt is from some of these photos... SSC needs better pics... Personally I think the sculpt looks more scary and old in this shot. Perhaps even Zombie like.... Could be the paint??

300206-superman-010.jpg

However other shots it does look better. For the sake of those who are getting it I hope it turns out better then the photo above.

It's really the Phantom Menace of Premium Formats. Years of anticipation, coupled with fan expectation for a safe, predictable release. Instead, they make a risky, unexpected design that isn't well-received, because it doesn't match the statue we sculpted in our minds.

Forgot to add, for the record, I liked the phantom Menace, so my analogy is not a personal declaration of hate, but the general reception of this is a rotten tomato.

Back