Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman the Movie Premium Format Figure -part 2

the statue is good except for chess piece base.

I'm not a hater. But I do have the right to dislike something, and say it - You guys know it, no need to go into all this "..blah blah blah .." again.
So - I wanted it, but do NOT like it. Don't like that the pose looks good from one angle, and the face does look off to me.
It is what it is, and it's sadly, a 'Pass'...
:(

The likeness is lacking just a tad....I love Matt Blacks other creations...I think he's a great sculptor.

Wasn't planning on buying this cause I'm trying to stick to just one version of a character. Already got the comic Supes coming. I do have to say it does look like a let down. I'm not liking the sculpt too much, but it does look better from certain angles. Pose is a little weird too. However I do like the idea of the dam busting out as a base. I think its pretty cool. Overall, It is a let down. Reeve Supes is iconic and this just doesn't give off the vibe it should. Congrats to the people who dig it.

Last edited:

Aww..somebody's got a butt hurt. Going on and on and on....order, don't order it's not hard

Ah more semi wisdom from Ink... You wrote more then three words in that post. Is that a record??

My butt don't hurt... Why would it. I just find it funny that if people don't love everything SSC does and post their opinion about it they get called a Hater. So it must work the other way and fans of this must just be Brown nosers.

Hell I have been somewhat kind in my comments.. I have not posted any.... "This piece sucks.. The artist sucks... People who order this Suck..." I have posted how I feel and give credit where credit is due.. Hell I even do the PC IMO and I wish all that order it the best.

But your responses are what I expect and I believe the shoe fits with my original comments.

Perhaps If you have your way the site could have it's name changed to Sideshow Circle Jerks

Ah more semi wisdom from Ink... You wrote more then three words in that post. Is that a record??

My butt don't hurt... Why would it. I just find it funny that if people don't love everything SSC does and post their opinion about it they get called a Hater. So it must work the other way and fans of this must just be Brown nosers.

Hell I have been somewhat kind in my comments.. I have not posted any.... "This piece sucks.. The artist sucks... People who order this Suck..." I have posted how I feel and give credit where credit is due.. Hell I even do the PC IMO and I wish all that order it the best.

But your responses are what I expect and I believe the shoe fits with my original comments.

Perhaps If you have your way the site could have it's name changed to Sideshow Circle Jerks

Congratulations! I haven't given one of these out for a while, but you deserve it with your ongoing hatred. Your right, i look at the pictures and i almost can't even tell its suppose to be Christopher Reeves… :cuckoo:

Here's your banana!

banana.jpg

And the PF price continues to rise month by month :slap

I know all about inflation but this takes the piss.

Congratulations! I haven't given one of these out for a while, but you deserve it with your ongoing hatred. Your right, i look at the pictures and i almost can't even tell its suppose to be Christopher Reeves… :cuckoo:

Here's your banana!

banana.jpg

Mmmmmmmmm Banana........

Obviously you have not read any of my post. I pretty much state that I like the sculpt except in the close up and then I blame the photo and the paint..... Nice try.. But I do love Bananas so thanks!!

Last edited:

It's really the Phantom Menace of Premium Formats. Years of anticipation, coupled with fan expectation for a safe, predictable release. Instead, they make a risky, unexpected design that isn't well-received, because it doesn't match the statue we sculpted in our minds.

Couldn't have said it better really. Massive piece that will look great on display no doubt and I personally have no trouble with the small increase but .......I'm just not digging it.

I held off on the comic versions because I thought I'd do a typical me and have to sell them for the movie versions later when they came out. Turns out the Comic versions are a lot better for me personally.

Good luck to those that buy it, it will look good but just not for me.

The donation to Reeve Foundation may explain some of the price hike.

Yeh, just read through the thread, good move but I bet the next release sticks to $425.

The proto pictures don't look the best and chances are they're going to be a lot better than the production piece looks.
Congrats & good luck to all ordering.

$425, wow...

I like the water effect, but the bottom of his base is.. odd.. not terrible, but it seems out of place.

Hahaha that's an amazing analogy, PM has ruined Star Wars for me forever. I also was taken back by the likeness and posture of this PF, I do find it disappointing. I have too many items on flex so honestly I am glad to save some money by passing on this......

This is why I only stick to comic versions of statues over movie versions. 1st, they are more Iconic and timeless imo, and 2nd, the likeness does not have to look like a specific actor as comic versions are open to many different interpretations and 3rd, the comic versions almost always look better.
That being said, I hope the people that order this piece love it in hand and it should go good with the Keaton PF.

Back