Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF

This a BS argument Chin... The fact that people are adding an "s" to Reeve's name is INCONSIQUENTIAL to the proportions of this Statue, and using it as a deflection was LAME.

He just looks to skinny

fe895687faa7fec5ee4ce3e7af06486d_zps73ed78ac.jpg

When even the silhouette looks wrong, you know it in your heart it's done wrong. I don't claim to be any expert in anatomy but eyeballing the proportions of this statue to pictures of Christopher Reeve makes this statue look out of proportion. My biggest issue with this is that right hand curled at that extreme angle. What super hero does that? Not any strong male character I know of that's for sure. You're supposed to **** your wrist so that your fist lines straight with the forearm to strike properly if you punch anything with that angle of position you're sure to jam your wrist.

* Me when I read your *****a$$ deflection

null_zpsedb114c4.gif

No SERIOUSLY Chin I thought you Aussie's were suppose to beable to bring some serious verbal game, right now your looking more pathetic then this sculpt.

*You when you figure out this looks WORSE than the HTs fig

null_zpsf5779567.gif

Jokes...:wink1:

You left all THESE? :wink1:

Admit it guys, everything is wrong with this pf! You can save enough bucks for a custom one if you want so badly Chris Reeve's Superman! There is no logic to buy a statue just for it's reasonable price!!! Although 400$ is not a reasonable price cause we will see how will be the numbers of it's edition! And we all know there will be lots of quality issues which becomes a normal routine for Sideshow!

Admit it guys, everything is wrong with this pf! You can save enough bucks for a custom one if you want so badly Chris Reeve's Superman! There is no logic to buy a statue just for it's reasonable price!!! Although 400$ is not a reasonable price cause we will see how will be the numbers of it's edition! And we all know there will be lots of quality issues which becomes a normal routine for Sideshow!

You are quickly becoming the new CBG

Please explain, what do you mean with CBG?

CBG, short for ComicBookGuy, a forum member who exclaims things with little provocation or reasoning. I've even stated what I think is wrong with this piece and also gave suggestions on what I think could be done to tweek the piece. This is of course without seeing the piece fully. You've come here, bashed it, bashed Sideshow and done it frequently.

You're a designer, so I'm thinking you went to art school. In school they taught us Constructive Criticism and Art Appreciation. Constructive criticism for being able to dissect and give helpful knowledge about what is wrong with a piece of art and what can be done to improve it and art appreciation to see art that while we may not find it to our taste we can see and acknowledge the work and even meaning that went into a piece of art.

This is someone's work, a fellow artist, act like it.

Bruce, you need to create another gag account so you can stop by an bash this fig properly. :lol

I never understood the "love it or leave it" attitude.

My hope is SS will listen to the criticism and adjust the statue somewhat.

They used to listen (dooku and anakin pfs are examples) but after the twizzler superman and that cyclops exclusive portrait, those days are gone.

I hope GG gets the DC license soon.

CBG, short for ComicBookGuy, a forum member who exclaims things with little provocation or reasoning. I've even stated what I think is wrong with this piece and also gave suggestions on what I think could be done to tweek the piece. This is of course without seeing the piece fully. You've come here, bashed it, bashed Sideshow and done it frequently.

You're a designer, so I'm thinking you went to art school. In school they taught us Constructive Criticism and Art Appreciation. Constructive criticism for being able to dissect and give helpful knowledge about what is wrong with a piece of art and what can be done to improve it and art appreciation to see art that while we may not find it to our taste we can see and acknowledge the work and even meaning that went into a piece of art.

This is someone's work, a fellow artist, act like it.

Look bro, I am trying to be polite here and always I explain my reasons. How did you forget the things I did at the Batman Pf thread? And what I get? Ohh I get a bad reputation for showing how Batman Pf should like to be with lots of photoshop facts! But now you are telling me to act like an artist:) Don't be ridiculous! I know my responsibilities about art and here, I try to explain the facts with my design knowledge! And what I get? In fact I get pissed off about your mockeries! Sideshow's Turkey distributor is one of my closest friend and let me say for the last 5 years I saw every statue in different edition size which Sideshow has produced! Not only Sideshow but Gentle Giant, Koto, Hot Toys and etc. so I can clearly see the differences of Sideshow's past and now products! I love Sideshow but if I pay 400$, I deserve better cause it is a high end collectible and 400$ is not a cheap price! Please don't make some verdicts about me cause you don't know me! I know my place and you should know yours!

Last edited:

Look bro, I am trying to be polite here and always I explain my reasons. How did you forget the things I did at the Batman Pf thread? And what I get? Ohh I get a bad reputation for showing how Batman Pf should like to be with lots of photoshop facts! But now you are telling me to act like an artist:) Don't be ridiculous! I know my responsibilities about art and here so many times to explain it with my design knowledge! And what I get? In fact I get pissed off about your mockeries! Sideshow's Turkey distributor is one of my closest friend and let me say for the last 5 years I saw every statue in different edition size which Sideshow has produced! Not only Sideshow but Gentle Giant, Koto, Hot Toys and etc. so I can clearly see the differences of Sideshow's past and now products! I love Sideshow but if I pay 400$, I deserve better cause it is a high end collectible and 400$ is not a cheap price! Please don't make some verdicts about me cause you don't know me! I know my place and you should know yours!

You deserve nothing. These are statues, produced by a company for purchase. No one tells you you must buy them. It's not a tax, it's not forced. You're going on and on about the piece that you don't have to buy. I don't remember or care about the Batman PF, the fact is I own it and it's fantastic. I don't care if someone gave you a bad reputation click, hell i don't care if someone gives me a bad reputation click. It's a forum, it's not real life. You're correct I don't know you, but I can only go by what you say here, so yes, I'll judge you by what you do here. We will never meet, we will never talk, we will never share a beer. So take my words as you like. But I stand by what I said.

As an artist you should strive to be constructive, if you do or not is up to you, I don't care. And now I've said my peace. Do what you want.

You deserve nothing. These are statues, produced by a company for purchase. No one tells you you must buy them. It's not a tax, it's not forced. You're going on and on about the piece that you don't have to buy. I don't remember or care about the Batman PF, the fact is I own it and it's fantastic. I don't care if someone gave you a bad reputation click, hell i don't care if someone gives me a bad reputation click. It's a forum, it's not real life. You're correct I don't know you, but I can only go by what you say here, so yes, I'll judge you by what you do here. We will never meet, we will never talk, we will never share a beer. So take my words as you like. But I stand by what I said.

As an artist you should strive to be constructive, if you do or not is up to you, I don't care. And now I've said my peace. Do what you want.

You are totally wrong!!!!! I purchased Batman PF only seeing the prototype pictures so the final product should like to be the proto! Capish! Just look at the thread again how so many people get disappointed with the final product of Batman! I am an artist and I know how to be constructive and I proved it so many times. If you missed it or want to ignore it, this is not my problem. If you want to give advice, give it to people who deserve much more!!! You are smart, guess who they are...

By the way did you remember I gave a word to you that till I get the Batman Pf, I will never talk more about it? Let me remember you that I am a man of my word! And you accused me with lots of empty things! Bravo:)

I'm going to go against the flow here....I like this!!

Day 1 PO for me!! :duff

Thank you all for your comments. I have taken these on board.

Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 1.11.18 AM.jpg

So the base of this statue is based on the superman the movie hoover dam right?
I guess the Cristals from the fortress were done by Cinemaquette :)lol now that was lame) and Hot Toys (impressive)
Still think the Cristals are more important part of the Chris Reeve movies, but what do we know..........:wave:horse

3 days left!

Last edited:

I'm gonna be POing also, yay for the 2 people who like this fig!

Lmfao bro as always keeping me mighty entertained. Sorry Spidey but bro you had your a55 handed to you with the spelling errors lol. But I know Spideys ipad is the problemo ;) Its a good PF. Yeah a little skinny but the pose doesnt bug me. It does look like he's about to change positions in midflight and I kinda like that. I like the face sculpt and believe the most recent photo is just a weird angle. Might cop this depending on the EX. Congrats to those getting it. P.s. id be pretty pissed if someone kept ******** on my work too. Also "dont like it don't buy it" is straight and simple, Big deal if you're a customer blah blah blah. You'll buy something else another day and this will sell because it is what it is. I might go over to the MOS PF forum to TopHat all over that piece of TopHat, anyone wanna join?

Sent from the Bat Computer

View attachment 96908

So the base of this statue is based on the superman the movie hoover dam right?
I guess the Cristals from the fortress were done by Cinemaquette :)lol now that was lame) and Hot Toys (impressive)
Still think the Cristals are more important part of the Chris Reeve movies, but what do we know..........:wave:horse

3 days left!

That crystal **** is boring. How many Superman figures do you want to see with crystals? Seriously lol and do you mean crystals as in natural forming solid or the drink of Rap stars. Dont ever remember Reeve kicking back drinking a bottle of Cristal

Sent from the Bat Computer

Agreed something other than crystals is a welcome change, we've got crystals for comic Supes already as well.

I'm gonna be POing also, yay for the 2 people who like this fig!

Reeve PF edition size limited to just five statues. Low quantity alert, only three remaining.:lol I'm sure this PF will turn out better than the pics. I think the head sculpt actually looks pretty damn realistic. I bet they'll end up selling a couple thousand of these things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back