Premium Format Christopher Reeve Superman PF - part 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Christopher Reeve Superman PF

lol this is me being vigorous?

Honestly it would have to have been pretty dreadful for me not to order it mate, it's Reeve Supes, it's in 1/4 scale. That's all I needed, they're not gonna go there again.
Just a touch. :) You're one of the few who seem to love the piece so far (aside from your pose critique a sec ago). Others are reserving judgment until the full reveal. The majority are not digging it.

I'm kind of floating in the not digging it/reserve judgment category. I hate being that guy in a thread who just goes "Fail! Epic fail!" But I doubt a further reveal is going to sell me on that PF, sir.

Not impressed.

not-impressed.gif

I think it looks pretty ugly IMHO. I hate to say it too, because I love sideshows work. This looks wierd though. Maybe it's just really early in the dev stage?

One of the most iconic movie portrayals of all time, you would have thought Sideshow would knock this one out of the park but this PF is an epic disappointment, awkward pose and i dont know who the face is supposed to be but it aint Chris Reeve.

I'm afraid SS has lost enthusiasm for this game, cutting corners, looking to make as much money as possible before they go under!

Even if the PF will look good in hand, the picture is just awful for a promotion.

I am ok with the head sculpt, but that pose is horrible!

I was 100% in for this, but now it will be a pass. I will go the custom route to get my 1/4 scale fix.

reeve deserved better.

Supey_zps63d15329.jpg

I think the sculpt is pretty good, it's just not very reminiscent of Reeve in the first three movies.
It's closest to him in Superman IV, because when he made that film he was much slimmer.
So it looks like Reeve as Superman, but probably not in the way you might want to remember him as the character.

That looks horrid

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

Perhaps it's the lighting of the paint combined with the thin lipped grimace but there is something off. You can see Reeve in it but his face is too narrow and he looks too tight like a Post Facelift Reeve after a spraydown with San Tropez.

Be nice to see from other angles with just a plain black background.

The Kim sculpture is amazing but then I thought the unpainted sculpt from Sideshow reveals looked great and you could see it was Reeve, more so than this latest reveal. I'm hoping it's just the lighting and angle that make this look bad....as earlier, I'm not keen on the pose but if the facial sculpt looks better I may spring for it.

I wonder what the base is, in the video it looks like cracked concrete with fire or water spraying up. Be interesting to see the thing in its entirety.

So far though, Comics Supes PF is still the best.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get that Arnie Kim head sculpt? That is just flat out amazing.
While I may get the SS, the pose looks awkward and the likeness seems off but it might looks better in hand. The pose is also somewhat similar to the MoS PF although I guess this one will be flying. I wonder if they are intended to display together.

The pose looks like he's landing from flight, leaning back slightly as he comes down. I'm trying to think of a sequence in the movies where he lands amidst broken paving with fire of water coming up from beneath...

It's the Hoover Dam from the first film, with water gushing through the breaks :)

just curious...was this supposed to look like a "Robot Chicken" version of Reeve ?...cause if so, Sideshow nailed it

Will wait for full reveal. If not convinced, will wait for in hand pics. I have to cut back a little and that means being more picky. Also Conan: Fury of the Beast has ruined just about everything as it is perfection and I want more pieces like that.

I really hope he looks better when we get the full preview. Really wanted a keaton and reeve shrine. But gotta say i dont like reeve so far.

I need to see more pics.

For me, this is one of the more important Premium Formats Sideshow has ever produced, and judging by that one picture, it seems Sideshow delivered a strange portrait. Christopher Reeve deserves better than this. Chris like Heath Ledger & brandon Lee, was given the gift of being immortalized on screen playing their career defining role(s). This should've been the ultimate tribute piece to Reeve, instead it seems to be a certain touchdown that was fumbled and recovered by the other team.

I'm with bruce. It's a Christopher Reeve Superman, it's 1/4 Scale and it looks good. It'll be the quickest PO I ever did do. :)

Like others though, I'm not blown away by it but it would've had to have been awful for me to not want it. And it certainly ain't awful.

I do wish that he didn't look so damn serious as that's a facial expression more suited to the recent MoS or pretty much any of the recent comic book movie adaptations which all seem to take themselves so ludicrously serious (Fantastic Four aside). When you think of Reeve's Superman you think of him smiling. So that's my main disappointment with this piece.

The pose is also not winning me over however I'm just hoping that the full reveal will put the pose into context and that it will then look great with the base.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back