Christopher Nolan Inception

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you not like 80's action movies? You cant tell me you do, if you think that movie looks bad....because...no duh...it's supposed to be. It's a cheesy throwback to old school action movies. One liners, 'splosions, blood, gore, manly men, explosions....

I love 80s action movies. I hate old men trying to recreate the 80s to try to regain theyre prime. Its just sad.

Its like the old guy in the retirement home who thinks his wheelchair is the Corsair he flew in WWII.

Who isnt? He was the only thing I liked in GI Joe. I loved his Doctor Character. I even bought the mask for Halloween.

Totally agree. The Lookout is one of his best performances imo.
I totally ate up the romantic melodrama in 500 Days of Summer, too. I love that movie, and I'm not afraid to admit it.

yep, I'm a little gay on the guy. :monkey3

Thats not much of an achievement when you consider this years action movies have all been quite poor. I can only name 3 big movies I have really enjoyed this year. Shutter Island, How to Train you Dragon and Inception. I usually enjoy summer blockbusters alot more than any other but my god they have been crap this year. Even IM 2 Was a load of balls IMO.

Eh. Iron Man 2 was awesome. So was The A-Team. This year hasnt been as bad as everyone claims it to be. Maybe I just dont always have a high standard for movies....maybe I just want some goopy cheese every once in a while. I love movies like Inception and Shutter Island. High class films, like an expensive dinner at a high class resturant are amazing.

But you cant eat them all the time, or you'd get sick of it. So give me that big greasy fast food burger to munch on....
MMmmmm...tastes like awesome. :lol

Are you actually sitting there with your figures making pew pew laser sounds? Then what does them being in a sweaty tank top and having old shriveled up roided out muscle bodies doto add to the enjoyment?

You're not? :cuckoo:

I love 80s action movies. I hate old men trying to recreate the 80s to try to regain theyre prime. Its just sad.

Its like the old guy in the retirement home who thinks his wheelchair is the Corsair he flew in WWII.

There's two guys who are old. The rest of the cast is in their late 30's early 40's. :confused:

An interesting thought crossed my mind, Nolan primarly likes to stick with his actors so did anybody think where Heath would have sat in this movie?

Do you think he would have been Cobb, interesting thought i think

You're not? :cuckoo:

I have a hard enough time convincing people they aren't dolls on the grounds that I keep them in glass cabinets. If I pulled this I can kiss getting laid goodbye. :lol

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LMxTFqPET5I&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LMxTFqPET5I&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

An interesting thought crossed my mind, Nolan primarly likes to stick with his actors so did anybody think where Heath would have sat in this movie?

I read somewhere that Heath was considered for a one of the roles, before he passed, obviously, and before TDK was done.

He would've been Tom Hardy's character.

I have a hard enough time convincing people they aren't dolls on the grounds that I keep them in glass cabinets. If I pulled this I can kiss getting laid goodbye. :lol

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/LMxTFqPET5I&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/LMxTFqPET5I&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

That's me with my $300 Hot Toys Celtic and my Dutch. :panic:

He would've been Tom Hardy's character.

Thats who i thought he would have been also, but with him being so big after TDK would he have wanted top role, i just dont know, would Nolan have cast him in this at all, he certainly loves Caine thats for sure

Heath didnt seem like the guy who needed to be the main.

He probably wanted to work with Heath forever basicly....I wouldnt doubt it. Bale probably took a break. Guy needs to lay low until Batman 3. :lol

____ing Terminator.

Thats another point i am not sure about

Did anybody else think that Caines role in this was really unexplained, he sounded like he was the creater of this whole discovery yet very little was explained, i certainly wouldnt of minded knowing more about the origins

Maybe thats where we go next?

Thats who i thought he would have been also, but with him being so big after TDK would he have wanted top role, i just dont know, would Nolan have cast him in this at all, he certainly loves Caine thats for sure

True that. I was at a screening of Insomnia and TDK a little while back, and Nolan was there for a Q&A. The interviewer asked him why he repeatably casts Caine, to which Nolan explained that Caine believes and claims himself to be Nolan's lucky charm. And once someone does that, should you really try to prove them wrong? He also said Caine's influence on set keeps the younger actors in line. :lol

It's still a movie that will make most mainstream moviegoers' heads implode, though.

I guess. I went with some people who aren't into these types of movies and once the movie was completely over they understood mostly what was going on. They had some questions but overall understand the major concepts. I was quite surprised how while Nolan did not making this complex story over complicated. He didn't find the need to use big scientific words and theories and shove them in your face.

Back