Christmas in July (Vintage Heaven)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool.............:hi5:

awesome score...........you should pick one each of the best & dump the rest...............i mean that some old stuff...........like charge a buck a fig..........i myself would even go like $1.25 a fig.............:wave

:lol..................:pray:

dammit...............this is making me want to dig out all of my vintage stuff for a photoshoot...........:gah:

dammit...............this is making me want to dig out all of my vintage stuff for a photoshoot...........:gah:

This is going to make the itch even worse then... I finished cataloguing my playsets/vehicles/creatures and before packing them away (to figure out how I'm eventually going to display all of them) I took some pictures:

Creatures and primarily SW vehicles (please ignore the kitty pillow-- the cataloguing was done near one of my daughters' "areas").

ESB and ROTJ stuff...

Larger view...

Some of the jewels...

Palitoy Death Star (all pieces intact but I left it disassembled cause as I said I was about to package all of it up) and two playsets from '77/'78 in great condition-- Cantina and Droid Factory (with most parts still there)...

New (and old--) playsets that I'll definitely use for display...

Good stuff-- now (carefully) off to storage with you until I get my basement display room done...

very nice...................i still have the deathstar playset & the remote sandcrawler........:yess:

yep im definitely going to round all my stuff up and shoot some pics.

SWEET score man! This takes me back to my childhood... Luke getting his head chomped off in the Rancor, aliens getting buried in the sandbox while reenacting the sail barge battle... good times.

That is just one amazing haul! :google

I'm tempted to pull out my stuff and catalog/photograph it. So many memories. :yess:

My two-year old just came through and asked "where did all the guys go?" pointing at the space next to the computer where I had the vintage ones lined up after we had catalogued them and I had to tell her that I put them away. She gave the BIGGEST pout face ever and walked away the length of the hall into her playroom with her head down. I brought her one of the ROTS R2's (that beep when you push it) and she's happy as can be. :lol

Deep breath-- Here's the breakdown. An * means that I had the figure/vehicle/playset myself-- and the number before the items shows how many of each I've got. It was like the blending of two perfect halves-- for example he didn't have a Bespin Lando or Luke (which I did-- the Lando in perfect shape) and I was missing almost all of the ROTJ stuff... which was the focus of his collection.

STAR WARS 1977
1-Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2)*
2-See-Threepio (C-3PO)* (2nd with broken right hand)
2-Chewbacca* (with bowcaster)
2-Luke Skywalker*
3-Princess Leia Organa 2*
3-Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi 2* (all three with telescoping blue lightsabers, one with cloak)
3-Darth Vader 2* (one original cloak and red telescoping lightsaber, Dracula cloak)
2-Han Solo* (with blaster)
5-Stormtrooper 3* (two blasters)
2-Star Destroyer Commander*
3-Jawa 2* (two cloth capes)
3-Sand People* (one cloak)
STAR WARS 1978
2-Greedo* (one snapped neck and one with broken antennae)
3-Hammerhead 2* (one blaster)
2-Snaggletooth (red version) 2*
3-Walrus Man 2* (one blaster)
1-Arfive-Defour (R5-D4)
1-Death Star Droid (both hands broken)
3-Luke Skywalker X-wing Pilot*
1-Power Droid
STAR WARS 1979
2-Boba Fett* (one blaster)

THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 1980
4-Bossk 3* (one blaster)
2-Bespin Security Guard I* (one blaster)
3-FX-7 (Medical Droid) 2* (one missing base and another missing grapple)
2-Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)*
1-IG-88
2-Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)* (two rifles)
1-Lando Calrissian* (with Bespin Blaster & Vinyl Cape)
1-Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)*
1-Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
2-Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear)*
2-Yoda The Jedi Master* (two snakes, two cloaks, one belt)
1-Dengar (Stormtrooper rifle)
2-Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)*
2-Lobot (Lando's Aid)*
1-Ugnaught* (with toolbag and apron)
1-AT-AT Driver (with rifle)
1-Leia (Hoth Outfit)
2-Imperial Commander* (two different head sculpts)
2-Rebel Commander* (Hoth rifle)
1-Two-Onebee (2-1B)
1-General Veers (AT AT Commander)
1-Luke Skywalker (Hoth Outfit) (Hoth rifle)
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 1977 (release ’81)
1-R2-D2 with Periscope
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 1981
2-Bespin Security Guard II
1-(Twin Pod) Cloud Car Pilot (Gray Pilot Blaster)
1-4-LOM (actually Zuckuss) (4-LOM Cloak)
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK 1982
1-C-3PO (Removable limbs)
1-Imperial TIE Fighter Pilot
1-Zuckuss (actually4-LOM) (Zuckuss Rifle)
RETURN OF THE JEDI 1982
1-Admiral Ackbar
3-Lando Calrissian (Skiff Guard Disguise)* (3 Skiff Guard Vibro Axe & 2 Skiff Guard Helmet)
RETURN OF THE JEDI 1983
1-Nien Nunb
1-Bib Fortuna (Battle Staff, Cloak, & Belt)
2-Biker Scout* (two Scout Blasters)
1-Chief Chirpa
1-Emperor's Royal Guard
3-Gamorrean Guard* (Guard Axe)
1-General Madine
1-Klaatu (Skiff Guard Vibro Axe & Klaatu Skirt)
2-Logray (Ewok Medicine Man) (2 Logray Headgears, Shaman Pouch, & Shaman Staff)
2-Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)* (Jedi Cloak & Green Lightsaber)
1-Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise) (Helmet)
1-Rebel Commando (Commando Rifle)
1-Ree-Yees
1-Squid Head (Skirt, Cape, & Belt)
2-Weequay (Skiff Guard Vibro Axe)
1-8D8
1-Klaatu (In Skiff Guard Outfit) (Skiff Guard Force Pike)
1-Nikto
1-Droopy McCool (Musical Instrument-Black)
1-Max Rebo (Organ)
1-Sy Snootles
RETURN OF THE JEDI 1984
1-The Emperor
2-AT-ST Driver
1-B-Wing Pilot
1-Han Solo (In Trench Coat) (Trench Coat)
1-Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho) (Green Battle Poncho, Belt, and Blaster)
1-Pruneface
2-Rancor Keeper (Rancor Keeper Hood)
1-Teebo (Headgear & Battle Horn)
1-Wicket W. Warrick (Hood)

CREATURES
SW: 1-Patrol Dewback
ESB: 2- Tauntaun* (saddle)
ROTJ: 1- Rancor

VEHICLES
SW: 1-Darth Vader’s Tie Fighter
1-Imperial Tie Fighter*
1-Landspeeder
2-Millenium Falcon Spaceship* (new release of old mold)
2-X-wing Fighter*
ESB: 2- AT-AT* (new release of old mold)
2-Rebel Armored Snowspeeder*
1-Rebel Transport
2-Slave 1*
1-Twin Pod Cloud Car*
ROTJ: 1- B-wing Fighter
1-Speeder Bike
1-Y-Wing
PLAYSETS
SW: 1-Cantina*
1-Death Star Space Station (Palitoy)*
1-Droid Factory*
1-Land of the Jawas
ESB: 1-Dagobah Playset*
1-Hoth Ice Planet Playset
1-Imperial Attack Base*
1- Turret and Probot*
ROTJ: 1-Ewok Village
1-Jabba the Hutt with Salacious Crumb (Throne/Prison Base & Pipe and Bowl)

I'm missing most of the ROTJ as well. Celebration V has me in the SW mood again, so I think I might try to concentrate on trying to complete my vintage collection now. :panic:

I'm missing most of the ROTJ as well. Celebration V has me in the SW mood again, so I think I might try to concentrate on trying to complete my vintage collection now. :panic:

Yeah, once '83 rolled around I was heavy into G.I. Joe so all of my money went towards those little fun army men...

I'm on the hunt now for the perfect display case to display all of these figs--

Here are my very expensive $6 (total) display cases-- I just couldn't leave an entire vintage collection in storage... Too cool to look at.

Nice Score. That was much better then the mine years ago. My grandmother was cleaning attic and found some SW stuff she never game me as a kid. I scored a few carded ROTJ figures, a couple Diecast vehicles in plain service merchandise boxes and a Tie Bomber still in box and in pretty good condition. A brand new twin pod cloud car in a really beat up box, plus a plush Ewok.

Very cool Neil. The collection looks awesome in their new case.. I agree with you, the vintage collection is to awesome to be stored away, must display it to its fullest...

Very cool Neil. The collection looks awesome in their new case.. I agree with you, the vintage collection is to awesome to be stored away, must display it to its fullest...

:rotfl Thanks-- They're originally for plants (just turned on their side). A buck a piece-- can't beat that and they fit perfectly on that shelf.

Love the display cases!!! They are a perfect size and show the figures off well. Here's mine, cramped, but you can tell what's there :lol

rooma.jpg

Its definitely on my to-do list... I'm 9 figures away:
SW
Princess Leia (can't seem to find complete one)
ESB
R2 D2 w/Sensorscope
ROTJ
Sy Snootles and the Max Rebo Band
POTF
EV-9D9
Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber)
Imperial Gunner
Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit)
R2 D2 w/pop-up lightsaber
Yak Face

Sucky thing is the damn POTF figures are pricey... likely be another $400-$500 to complete a set :monkey2

Back