Premium Format Christian Bale Batman Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks mate, hope so too. Really want a good Bale Batman statue in my collection.

Yeah well then this is it, I actually didn't think the likeness was that amazing until a friend of mine saw it and goes wow that really looks like Bale as Batman.

Yeah I just think it looks incredibly lifelike.

Agreed.

Well, I've only been to the store once. In terms of things like premium formats, they didn't have a lot in stock. They got some on display in display cases, not sure if you can buy those though. As for the warehouse, I've been there to pick up my Bruce Lee. It's a pretty big warehouse and it's where they do all their online ordering and stuff from, but you can't just go there and shop around. To be honest I don't know of any store that would let you open their stock before you pay for it, because essentially you could open it and say 'nah don't like this one, open another'.

I actually meant after you have paid for it.

The chin/jaw looks weird from front on, that's whats throwing it off.

I can see many things wrong with the sculpt but I am not going to go into them, but yeah the odd looking jaw shape with a protruding chin makes it look even worse.

I find most Joker sculpts don't look all that great from front on and usually look best from profile or on an angle.

But that's the problem, they should look good on all angles, especially from front on. This is why there are so many custom Joker sculpts out there, because the mass produced companies have failed to deliver.

I always displayed my DX11 head on an angle as it looked the most like him that way.

Yeah I will admit on angles the DX11 can look good.

As for the Premium Format, I do see some likeness, personally I don't think it's as bad as you make out, I just think it looks a bit cartoonish and not very realistic.

Well I personally can't see any likeness to Ledger and I think the only thing they got right was the nose, but that's just my opinion. That being said, it does capture the essence of the Heath as the Joker because they did nail the expression.

As I'll display it sideways facing Batman anyway, I'm not too fussed. I think it looks great from side on.

Yeah apart from the chin sticking out, it doesn't look too bad on the profile.

That's true, but I'm going to assume it is. I'd be surprised if it's all one piece to be honest.

Well it would be good if that turns out to be the case, creg's 1/4 sculpt actually looks pretty good but might not be in the same scale as PF as it was designed to go on the EB Joker.

Last edited:
Just unboxed mine. Pretty impressive statue. Pose is a little awkward but looks wicked from the side. I think I prefer this over the Hot Toys 1/4 figure. Just has better presence overall, and the suit looks like actual armour.

Unfortunately mine came with some issues (just my luck), so it's going straight back. There's some dodgy paint on one of the shoulder plates, and his back leg doesn't touch the base when he's fully inserted. Frustrated to have to send it back, but I definitely want this in my collection. Will make a wicked display with Joker :)

Just unboxed mine. Pretty impressive statue. Pose is a little awkward but looks wicked from the side. I think I prefer this over the Hot Toys 1/4 figure. Just has better presence overall, and the suit looks like actual armour.

Yeah if you remember that is what I said in my initial review of this, whereas Hot Toys one looks too much like rubber.

Unfortunately mine came with some issues (just my luck), so it's going straight back. There's some dodgy paint on one of the shoulder plates, and his back leg doesn't touch the base when he's fully inserted.

Wow that's odd, someone else on here had the opposite problem with the right leg unable to be fully inserted. Sorry to hear that yours didn't come out fine man. :(

BTW What exactly is the paint problem on the shoulder blades? Just paint blobs or something?

Frustrated to have to send it back, but I definitely want this in my collection. Will make a wicked display with Joker :)

So do you like this piece that much that you will keep getting replacement after replacement until u get a get one, that is if the replacement turns out to be bad?

Yeah if you remember that is what I said in my initial review of this, whereas Hot Toys one looks too much like rubber.

Yeah I remember when you said that man. You were spot on. This definitely looks better. I do think the likeness to Bale is a bit better on the Hot Toys open mouth sculpt, but this is still great and the paint looks good.

Wow that's odd, someone else on here had the opposite problem with the right leg unable to be fully inserted. Sorry to hear that yours didn't come out fine man. :(

Yeah I remember that guy. The leg with the peg was fine for me. Goes in all the way, but the back one definitely has a sizeable gap to it. Pretty bummed about the issues as I had to drive to Pop Cultcha to pick this up. Now I gotta go through the annoying process of having to send this back to them and get another one. I'll show you a pic of the gap:

20161203_201105.jpg

BTW What exactly is the paint problem on the shoulder blades? Just paint blobs or something?

I'll show you man. Easier than trying to explain. It's actually visible on a few other parts of the statue. Not sure if it's paint splatter or what, but it's ugly.

20161203_201159.jpg
20161203_201719.jpg

So do you like this piece that much that you will keep getting replacement after replacement until u get a get one, that is if the replacement turns out to be bad?[/QUOTE]

Nah. I've sent an email to Pop Cultcha with my issues, and I've asked them if they can replace it and if they can open and inspect the replacement before sending it out to me, to avoid getting another one with problems. Saves me having to send another one back. They've done this for me before and are usually pretty good at spotting issues with them, but things can still get missed I guess.

Apart from the above issues, mine also had a bit of a gap between the neck and headsculpt:

20161203_201758.jpg

Yeah I remember when you said that man. You were spot on. This definitely looks better.

Thanks man.

:hi5:

And yeah the armor always bothered me about the QS001 because IMO it made the QS001 just looked like a big toy sitting on the shelf.

I do think the likeness to Bale is a bit better on the Hot Toys open mouth sculpt, but this is still great and the paint looks good.

Yeah so do I, especially from a distance, and that was the mouth piece I always used to.

Yeah I remember that guy. The leg with the peg was fine for me. Goes in all the way, but the back one definitely has a sizeable gap to it. Pretty bummed about the issues as I had to drive to Pop Cultcha to pick this up. Now I gotta go through the annoying process of having to send this back to them and get another one. I'll show you a pic of the gap:

View attachment 308007

The hole where the peg goes in much be warped or something, since the peg goes in all the way. :dunno

The peg is straight right?

I'll show you man. Easier than trying to explain. It's actually visible on a few other parts of the statue. Not sure if it's paint splatter or what, but it's ugly.

View attachment 308003
View attachment 308004

Oh man that looks horrible, I checked mine out top to bottom and I honestly can't see any paint issues at all on the body.

Nah. I've sent an email to Pop Cultcha with my issues, and I've asked them if they can replace it and if they can open and inspect the replacement before sending it out to me, to avoid getting another one with problems.

Oh cool.

Saves me having to send another one back. They've done this for me before and are usually pretty good at spotting issues with them, but things can still get missed I guess.

Plus people have their own issues with things, like what may be acceptable to them might not be acceptable to someone else.

Apart from the above issues, mine also had a bit of a gap between the neck and headsculpt:

View attachment 308016

OMG, every problem you have seems to be a first, as I have never heard of these issues before. U sure there isn't anything else? U checked out the cape, that usually has wires sticking out to some degree. Anyway doesn't matter since your getting a replacement, hopefully your next one will be either fine or at least acceptable. :pray:

Now I feel lucky that the only problems I had were the cape and the chipped off paint on the nose tips.

The hole where the peg goes in much be warped or something, since the peg goes in all the way. :dunno

The peg is straight right?

Yeah the peg looks straight man. I did notice it was an extremely tight fit, and very hard to take out of the base. Not sure if the fault is with the body or the base, but I think the body is warped.

Oh man that looks horrible, I checked mine out top to bottom and I honestly can't see any paint issues at all on the body.

Yeah it's pretty ugly man. Really bummed out about it.

Plus people have their own issues with things, like what may be acceptable to them might not be acceptable to someone else.

Yeah this is true. I guess I can only hope that they check it out properly and get me a clean one. It beats getting one blind and not knowing what it may look like.

OMG, every problem you have seems to be a first, as I have never heard of these issues before. U sure there isn't anything else? U checked out the cape, that usually has wires sticking out to some degree. Anyway doesn't matter since your getting a replacement, hopefully your next one will be either fine or at least acceptable. :pray:

haha I know man. I seem to have horrible luck with these things. I had a feeling I was gonna get a bad one. I was so excited to get this too. Surprised my Rocky didn't turn out bad as well, lol.

I didn't bother checking out the cape man. I saw the gap on the foot and instantly felt gutted as I knew I'd have to send it back, then I proceeded to check out the rest and saw the paint issues on the armour, then saw the gap on the head and I cracked it and put it back in the box lol. Didn't waste my time checking out the cape since the rest of it was so bad.

I really hope that the replacement is perfect as it really is a cool statue. I think a slightly more upright pose would've been better, but I still like it as is. I just hope Joker turns out great as I really wouldn't want this as a standalone piece. Needs to be displayed with Joker.

Yeah the peg looks straight man. I did notice it was an extremely tight fit, and very hard to take out of the base. Not sure if the fault is with the body or the base, but I think the body is warped.

That was actually my first guess but I just thought, you couldn't be that unlucky to have an actual warped body, which is why i never mentioned it.

Yeah it's pretty ugly man. Really bummed out about it.

Yeah its the worse I have seen, I guess it wouldn't matter if that was the only issue as you could just put the cape on over it but you would never be able to sell it with an issue like that.

Yeah this is true. I guess I can only hope that they check it out properly and get me a clean one. It beats getting one blind and not knowing what it may look like.

Will they take pics for you before sending it out? Because if u are just relying on them checking it out then you are still buying it blindly, since you are not seeing it for yourself just relying on their word.

haha I know man. I seem to have horrible luck with these things. I had a feeling I was gonna get a bad one. I was so excited to get this too. Surprised my Rocky didn't turn out bad as well, lol.

Hmm some of it is because of bad luck but some of it is because your standards are too high but there is nothing wrong with that, except that when it comes to Sideshow you can't expect to have high standards. However, in this case, you were just unlucky because this clearly is a damaged statue.

I didn't bother checking out the cape man. I saw the gap on the foot and instantly felt gutted as I knew I'd have to send it back, then I proceeded to check out the rest and saw the paint issues on the armour, then saw the gap on the head and I cracked it and put it back in the box lol. Didn't waste my time checking out the cape since the rest of it was so bad.

Well TBH I just thought, since the statue is a mess, I wonder if the cape would also be a mess. I would do it purely for interest sake, but like you said there is no valid reason to so.

I really hope that the replacement is perfect as it really is a cool statue. I think a slightly more upright pose would've been better, but I still like it as is. I just hope Joker turns out great as I really wouldn't want this as a standalone piece. Needs to be displayed with Joker.

Yeah it's part of a diorama set.

That was actually my first guess but I just thought, you couldn't be that unlucky to have an actual warped body, which is why i never mentioned it.

Unfortunately I am, lol.

Yeah its the worse I have seen, I guess it wouldn't matter if that was the only issue as you could just put the cape on over it but you would never be able to sell it with an issue like that.

Yeah well that's the problem really. I like my statues to be mint, so that I don't have trouble selling them. Would only buy with a flaw like that if it was heavily discounted.

Will they take pics for you before sending it out? Because if u are just relying on them checking it out then you are still buying it blindly, since you are not seeing it for yourself just relying on their word.

They won't, but my experience with this in the past was fine. After having a frustrating time with Bruce Lee, they mentioned they would open the next one and go over it with a fine tooth comb before sending it out to me, to make sure it was perfect. They did actually send pictures to me that time, now that I think about it, to show me that it had no lean.

I don't mind if they don't send me pics, as long as they check it out and ensure it has no issues and can confirm via email for me. It's better than me buying one unopened and hoping for the best. I'm sure they'd want to make sure it has no issues otherwise it would be a hassle for them as they would lose money on postage by having to return mine and send out another replacement.

Hmm some of it is because of bad luck but some of it is because your standards are too high but there is nothing wrong with that, except that when it comes to Sideshow you can't expect to have high standards. However, in this case, you were just unlucky because this clearly is a damaged statue.

My standards are high, but I have come to be more accepting of minor flaws and such. I can't say any of my pieces are completely flawless (well, perhaps maybe Rocky). There are certain things I'd consider acceptable, like a minor blemish here and there, especially if it's something I'd never see on display, but anything that will affect resale value in a big way is a definite no. This Batman is definitely a poor piece though. The gap under the foot was enough to make me want to send it back.

Well TBH I just thought, since the statue is a mess, I wonder if the cape would also be a mess. I would do it purely for interest sake, but like you said there is no valid reason to so.

I just didn't wanna go to the effort of opening it up then putting it back in the box really. It's going back regardless so I just didn't care whether it was faulty or not. I'll mention it to PC on the phone though, that some of them had cape issues and to check that as well.

Yeah it's part of a diorama set.

Yep, and it should make for an excellent looking set! Very keen to have them both on one shelf, and have the new Predator and Dutch on another shelf.

Received mine today and mine has a bad gap. Should I contact SS? This sucks. Otherwise it's in great condition.

You got the same problem I do.

Received mine today and mine has a bad gap. Should I contact SS? This sucks. Otherwise it's in great condition.

View attachment 308382

Wow this just after xpl0sive posted the exact same problem a day ago. I can't believe it, I guess this is not a rare issue after all. :dunno

And yes I agree with Cyber Warrior send it back, the body must be warped, if the peg is straight.

Unfortunately I am, lol.

Yeah looks that way.

Yeah well that's the problem really. I like my statues to be mint, so that I don't have trouble selling them. Would only buy with a flaw like that if it was heavily discounted.

I am the same way, but I know I won't be able to sell my statue without taking some kind of loss, especially with the cape how it is and the paint scratched off the nose tips. Yes I can fix the paint issue to a certain degree by touching it up with paint but the color tone will not be exactly the same as the stock color.

They won't, but my experience with this in the past was fine. After having a frustrating time with Bruce Lee, they mentioned they would open the next one and go over it with a fine tooth comb before sending it out to me, to make sure it was perfect. They did actually send pictures to me that time, now that I think about it, to show me that it had no lean.

That was good of them.

I don't mind if they don't send me pics, as long as they check it out and ensure it has no issues and can confirm via email for me. It's better than me buying one unopened and hoping for the best. I'm sure they'd want to make sure it has no issues otherwise it would be a hassle for them as they would lose money on postage by having to return mine and send out another replacement.

Yes but like I said you are still buying it blindly and just taking their word that it is perfect for "you."

My standards are high, but I have come to be more accepting of minor flaws and such. I can't say any of my pieces are completely flawless (well, perhaps maybe Rocky). There are certain things I'd consider acceptable, like a minor blemish here and there, especially if it's something I'd never see on display, but anything that will affect resale value in a big way is a definite no. This Batman is definitely a poor piece though. The gap under the foot was enough to make me want to send it back.

Yeah regardless of all your other problems, that would be enough for me to send it back to.

I just didn't wanna go to the effort of opening it up then putting it back in the box really. It's going back regardless so I just didn't care whether it was faulty or not.

I know man but wouldn't it funny if u got a perfect cape on a damaged statue? But yes I know there really is no point in checking it out since it's going back.

I'll mention it to PC on the phone though, that some of them had cape issues and to check that as well.

Yeah would be a good idea to do that, I don't think there are any issues with the cape other than the wires poking out.

Yep, and it should make for an excellent looking set! Very keen to have them both on one shelf, and have the new Predator and Dutch on another shelf.

Wait a second, there is a new Dutch and Predator coming out? Or do you mean have the (new Predator) and Dutch on another shelf that you currently own?

I am the same way, but I know I won't be able to sell my statue without taking some kind of loss, especially with the cape how it is and the paint scratched off the nose tips. Yes I can fix the paint issue to a certain degree by touching it up with paint but the color tone will not be exactly the same as the stock color.

Are you in QLD? I know someone that customizes statues there. If it really bothers you and you don't wanna have a go at fixing it yourself, you can send him the headsculpt and get him to repair it.

Wait a second, there is a new Dutch and Predator coming out? Or do you mean have the (new Predator) and Dutch on another shelf that you currently own?

No new Dutch mate, just the new Predator with the existing Dutch statue on a shelf together. The way the new Predator is posed, looks like it was made to be displayed with Dutch lol.

Are you in QLD? I know someone that customizes statues there.

Really where in QLD? And to your first question yes i am in QLD

lf it really bothers you and you don't wanna have a go at fixing it yourself, you can send him the headsculpt and get him to repair it.

Doesn't bother me personally, I just know when I go to sell it I will have to mention that the nose Tip has been touched up. I really dont think this is fixable unless you paint the whole Black part of the cowl because it would hard to get the right shade or tone of black that is the same color as the stock paint. It would be really hard to get it perfect, you may be able to get it to a point where it isn't noticeable though. Thanks anyway for letting me know man, I really appreciate it.

new Dutch mate, just the new Predator with the existing Dutch statue on a shelf together. The way the new Predator is posed, looks like it was made to be displayed with Dutch lol.

Ah ok yeah at first I thought there was a new Dutch but then I realised u only mention New for Predator, so then I knew what u meant.

Last edited:
Sad that there is such a big gap between boot and base. I was really disappointed it was that far off. Wonder why the disparity?? Is the body warped? Anyone else have these issues? Mine is the exclusive. Emailed SS last night and sent pics. Wonder what SS will say. I have only one minor paint defect that is not worth even complaining about. Will let you know what SS says.

Sad that there is such a big gap between boot and base. I was really disappointed it was that far off. Wonder why the disparity?? Is the body warped? Anyone else have these issues? Mine is the exclusive. Emailed SS last night and sent pics. Wonder what SS will say. I have only one minor paint defect that is not worth even complaining about. Will let you know what SS says.

Dude, both myself and Darkavatar quoted you saying I had the same problem. I literally posted a picture of the same problem like 2 posts above yours, lol.

I think the body is warped. Was your peg really tight in the hole? Mine was. It was very hard to get out of the base.

Dude, both myself and Darkavatar quoted you saying I had the same problem. I literally posted a picture of the same problem like 2 posts above yours, lol.

I think the body is warped. Was your peg really tight in the hole? Mine was. It was very hard to get out of the base.

I was asking if anyone else besides you and darkavatar, I know you posted the same problem. But I digress, my peg was tight going in. Sad if the body is warped.

I was asking if anyone else besides you and darkavatar, I know you posted the same problem. But I digress, my peg was tight going in. Sad if the body is warped.

My apologies dude, thought you meant anyone other than yourself.

Yeah it's quite annoying as it's a rather cool looking piece.

Back