Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I wasn't involved in the WIP, but then again, I wasn't there when the manufacturer made my car. They are professionals and I sure hope that they got it right.

Then you can choose not to buy the product which you chose not to do. That is unless you make a habit of ridiculing your neighbors cars when you don't like them.

Why because someone said it as their opinion? What makes that opinion better than mine, yours or anyone elses? An opinion proves NOTHING!

Again, constructive criticism and ridicule are totally different.

And, all the "work bashing" going on of late is pretty much a direct result of howes poor business skills, lack of production, ignoring of his customers and overall idiocy.

Now you nailed it. I found it hard to believe you were so appalled by the sculpt. I remember seeing your pictures of your huge collection of heads and you had far worse in there that you actually had paid good money for.

Last edited:
Then you can choose not to buy the product which you choose not to do. That is unless you make a habit of ridiculing your neighbors cars when you don't like them.
As far as I know none of my neighbors car makers said that they made the absolute best possible car available anywhere.

Again, constructive criticism and ridicule are totally different.
And again, a professional promising the best sculpts possible anywhere shouldn't need any constructive criticism, but thats obviously subjective.

Now you nailed it. I found it hard to believe you were so appalled by the sculpt. I remember seeing your pictures of your huge collection of heads and you had far worse in there that you actually had paid good money for.
Oh, I am appalled by the sculpt.
He promised the best sculpts available in any of his commissions. That is what anyone who paid in advance or who was waiting to buy after it was done should expect to see. Its not.
What photos of my "huge collection of heads" are you referring to? And, how may I ask, do you know which heads I've paid for and, if I did, how much?

Can we stop the in-fighting again, please, guys? This should be about how Chris Howes is not doing a good job of delivering on his promises. Attacking fellow Freaks doesn't help that at all.

In the interest of honesty, after typing my last response, I looked around at a few of the sculpts I have sitting about my desk. After collecting 1:6 for over 35 years I'm bound to have a few clunkers in there somewhere. And there are a couple there that are not pure works of art. Ones that are lacking in the total likeness area. Ones that could be refined to become better than what I got. But, as I look at them, NONE were sent to me by someone who promised that what they were sending was THE BEST that could be made by anyone. Thats the difference.

143 pages and its still just black on black crime!

we should rise up and go against the white devil!!!!...

*The Black Community = The Customers

White Devil = Chris Howes

....metaphorically anyways

anywho.... Chris made replied to me through ebay and gave me a USPS Custom # on sunday night... # LC570124646US. He said it should register by Monday night. Well it's now Wednesday and I cant seem to track it. Did anyone else manage to get something like that from him recently?

Honestly, and this is just me, I think the best compromise, given the staggering commission list is for other known and reputable artists on SSF to approach Mr Howes and take some of these commissions off his hands.

I.E. Howes keeps X percent, sends Y percent to the artist along with a single master copy of the items on that commission. The artist basically recasts, drills and ships. The receiving artist would keep the master as a gesture of goodwill from Howes with a gentlemans agreement to do no further casting that than in the commission. This would achieve several positive things IMHO

Good call GG...Actually I discussed this very thing with another board member a week ago, asked him if he would help me with the casting to fill Howes orders. But it’s a lot to do and a lot of time taken from projects we/I have in the works so I couldn’t do it at the moment.

But this is I think it's the best option at this time as well.

Chris made replied to me through ebay and gave me a USPS Custom # on sunday night... # LC570124646US. He said it should register by Monday night. Well it's now Wednesday and I cant seem to track it. Did anyone else manage to get something like that from him recently?
gatacktracking.jpg

Hope this helps.

Good call GG...Actually I discussed this very thing with another board member a week ago, asked him if he would help me with the casting to fill Howes orders. But it’s a lot to do and a lot of time taken from projects we/I have in the works so I couldn’t do it at the moment.

But this is I think it's the best option at this time as well.

I wish that it would work for the sake of everyone that wants heads ordered, but somehow I just don't see Chris parting with any of the money or passing the work on to someone else. I think his pride would get in the way of him doing anything that reasonable. If he were that reasonable, he would have already come back and made things right, not continued to make up various and sundry foes and reasons that keep him from delivering things. Don't get me wrong, guys, Gecko, you especially have done a great analysis and come up with excellent ideas, I just can't imagine Howes being compliant. I'd love to be wrong, however.

Since this is the update thread I thought I should post this here.
This morning I opened the front door and looked in my mailbox, where I found bills and junk mail but no box with plastic heads.

I will update again in a few days.

My only problem is that I hope people like Z and Spenser don't lose business over Howes. To some newbie's they might see this and think it's common to get scammed by people who sculpt comissions and it's not. This is the only case I've ever heard of it happening. Yeah people take a long time sometimes but that's different. To any newbie who reads this don't be afraid to join comissions because there was one bad egg in the basket. It's a pleasure doing business with just about anyone one here.

Did Howes scam us? I guess we'll have to wait and see cause waiting is the only thing we can do at this point. I'm keeping hope that Chris won't screw us. I'm hoping he'll pull through.

I hope people like Z and Spenser don't lose business over Howes. To some newbie's they might see this and think it's common to get scammed by people who sculpt comissions and it's not.

In fact Morbach the effects are already being felt. Most of the newer ones don’t realize that they aren’t the only ones who have bought something, I put people on list in the order they pay. If you’re last on the list it might be awhile. But I do stop sales when I get to a certain point so as not to overload myself.

I will say that I’ve had more “I need to know when this is going to ship” or “I need a timeframe.” In the last few weeks than I have ever had in the last three years.

I even had a Pay pal dispute thrown on me yesterday because the buyer said He “hadn’t heard from me in weeks.” My last email to him was quoted in the email he sent, my last email to him to confirm the order had been just 8 days ago. When told that he said “Oh, it seemed longer.”
So yes it’s happening, to me anyway.

Yep, there is definitely an unpleasant ripple effect. Even looking at posts on customizers pages I've noticed more "pointed" request for updates that I'm used to seeing.

Spenser, I'm sorry to hear that. What a load of crap. I guess it does only take one to ruin it for everyone. I'm hopeful that regardless of what the outcome with this Howes mess, his name will be a thing of the past. And eventually things will get back to normal. I am hopeful.

In fact Morbach the effects are already being felt. Most of the newer ones don’t realize that they aren’t the only ones who have bought something, I put people on list in the order they pay. If you’re last on the list it might be awhile. But I do stop sales when I get to a certain point so as not to overload myself.

I will say that I’ve had more “I need to know when this is going to ship” or “I need a timeframe.” In the last few weeks than I have ever had in the last three years.

I even had a Pay pal dispute thrown on me yesterday because the buyer said He “hadn’t heard from me in weeks.” My last email to him was quoted in the email he sent, my last email to him to confirm the order had been just 8 days ago. When told that he said “Oh, it seemed longer.”
So yes it’s happening, to me anyway.

I'm sorry to hear this Steven. You have been outstanding!! Buying hs from you has been such a great and easy process that it makes this Howes experience seem just That more ridiculous.
I would encourage everyone who has purchased from the other sculptors on this board and had good experiences to post reviews in their feedback section. They deserve our support a few words can give.

Perfectly said :lecture :lecture it aint right for this hobby to become a dread and burdon over one guy. We are in this for fun and for the hobby. Not to be dragged down because of one rotten aple. If he is screwing us with scamming then someone that low aint bringing me down. He just isnt worth it.

Spenser, I'm sorry to hear that. What a load of crap. I guess it does only take one to ruin it for everyone. I'm hopeful that regardless of what the outcome with this Howes mess, his name will be a thing of the past. And eventually things will get back to normal. I am hopeful.

Do you really think one person is ruining it for everyone? I for one know of four other well known customizes here who are even father behind than Chris is. I myself have orders pending with two of them that are closing in on a year longer than they had promised and they still aren't near completion. Of course Chris is a big part of it but I think after the Howes thread meltdown, some people are just in fear that they are going to end up not getting their stuff. In some cases the increased tone in the threads may be justified. In Spenser's case I assume they are just acting out of fear.

Do you really think one person is ruining it for everyone? I for one know of four other well known customizes here who are even father behind than Chris is. I myself have orders pending with two of them that are closing in on a year longer than they had promised and they still aren't near completion. Of course Chris is a big part of it but I think after the Howes thread meltdown, some people are just in fear that they are going to end up not getting their stuff. In some cases the increased tone in the threads may be justified. In Spenser's case I assume they are just acting out of fear.

the issue has never been time, at least not for me. it has been lack of communication. I know of the sculptors to which you are reffering and they have at least been diligent in keeping the communication with their customers and faithful in getting out the sculpts when done.To my knowledge none have them have sold sculpts meant for customers here on ebay either.However Howes has dropped off the face of the earth. And we arent even getting updates anymore as to the progress of our hs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back