Chris Howes' Sculptural Creations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, there is definitely an unpleasant ripple effect. Even looking at posts on customizers pages I've noticed more "pointed" request for updates that I'm used to seeing.

You can trace all of these ripples back to OneGuy. But I guess its good because now board customizers may become more cognizant of their work load and communication practices.

You made a point and I reacted to it, I think we both know what we are talking about. ;)

Just saying he had his reasons and I did not view it as being as underhanded as you might think it was.

Yeah I know who you are talking about, I honestly am not understanding what your point was.... That Chris is a bigger jerk than "he" is? (not trying to stir anything, just honestly trying to understand you).

I have known him for a long time now so I can put his behaviour into context thus I definitely think that Chris is doing far more damage than he did. And I never saw as much discussion on the subject of his posts than with all of this C. Howes business.

Reading your posts (well glancing really :lol) its not hard to see how C Howes messed up. You would need a warehouse of workers to get that stuff out in a timely manner. :google

I pm'd Chris after the hs and lists were started for the river/cam hs started and paid him directly however I see Im not even on the list :(
Man Gordon thanks for the info gathering :)

Holy crap. maybe I was making too light of the issue. Thats a lot of friggin people.wow. Thank god I didnt get into Dexter until here lately or I woulda been on that comission and out more money:lol I have no problem waiting like ppl up here were refering to 'certain' people,well thats different. They give repeated updates and regardless of if the wait is long or if we hate the wait, the bottom line is we know whats up. They dont disapear and not give updates or sell the stuff we paid them for on ebay for more money. Im losing what faith I had left. Tired of the games.

Kind of negligible in the long run, but if you're gonna be so thorough, might as well subtract a certain quantity based on who received their heads already.

Of course, it probably cancels out when you figure who bought heads without making it onto those lists, as well as the money paid for painting services on House that weren't listed.

Hey Gecko, also I don't know if you counted or didn't in the total, but just so you know, I did put my name in for the Earl/Randy, and also Summer Glau (Bald) but thankfully I never got to the point of paying for those, just a House unpainted/drilled/with cane.

JB

GG,
Thanks for the thorough breakdown. If my order does not arrive soon or an offer for refund I will take those legal measures. One question.

Do you know if filing a report or legal action against Howes puts complaintant at risk him/herself considering they were contracting for the creation of an unlicensed item? Is that breaking the law itself?

Thanks.

I know the owner of cinequest and he said that you are allowed to make a certain number of something before it is illegal.

I pm'd Chris after the hs and lists were started for the river/cam hs started and paid him directly however I see Im not even on the list :(
Man Gordon thanks for the info gathering :)

I'm there with you Saya I paid for my River head on his page but I never got on the list.....so dose that not count ether?? But yeah good info GordonGekko

I know the owner of cinequest and he said that you are allowed to make a certain number of something before it is illegal.

That's a popular misconception among the garage kit community. Even selling one unlicensed copy of a protected item can constitute copyright infringement. If I made just one custom unlicensed Captain Kirk statue and put it up for sale tomorrow, Paramount would be well within their rights to sue me if they wanted to. The reason it doesn't happen that often is that simply isn't worth their legal costs to do so.

Staying "under the radar" with small production runs does not equate to "legal".

I'm in the same boat, I paid for the Gorman HS ages ago, but i'm still not on the list. Getting so tired and frustrated now with this.

I'm on the lists but he got me down wrong for the David. He didn't even update the lists yet we're supposed to be confident we'll get our stuff? Hows he gonna know who to send them to and who ordered what? If it isn't written down I'm sure he forgot by now who wants what.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back