Chris Howes: Maximus project!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am speaking to Chris via email today. Our conversation is not making forward progress. Below are my emails to Chris in bold type, and his responses. I will keep asking until we have an update, and then I will not stop until the product is shipped.

Collector49-"I am going to request an update once a week until the Maximus project is complete. I think it's well beyond time for updates now. Can you send me new photos of the work, or not?"

Chris Howes-Yes, As I mentioned, I'm trying to get the head ready, which will hopefully be within the next couple of days. I've been feverishly working on some high profile projects, hoping to get those out of the way so I can proceed with some custom work. I will be more than happy to give you the sneak peek shortly.

Collector49-I am sorry for it to have to come to this, but I am not accepting the "few more days" promise from you any more. I am proceeding with my court case. I only hope that you can finish the set or refund my money so we can settle this before I have to drive to Ohio. I would very much appreciate photos of the work you currently have done on the set. I might change my mind regarding the timeline for the lawsuit if I could see the exact progress on every piece you have worked on for the set. I don't need photos of the head, but I would need to see photos of everything else at the current level of completion.

best of luck to you.
hopefully one of us can get him to start showing some stuff. I gotta say, he must like you! You are the only one with a head so far that we know of too! lol.. lets hope this pushes him. thanks for posting it!

I gotta say, he must like you! You are the only one with a head so far that we know of too! lol..

:lol :lol :lol

I can pretty much guarantee that Chris Howes doesn't like me. I am trying to light a fire under his butt, and he is doing everything he can not to get burned.

:lol :lol :lol

I can pretty much guarantee that Chris Howes doesn't like me. I am trying to light a fire under his butt, and he is doing everything he can not to get burned.

Perhaps you need some coal or some extra wood , lighter fluid perhaps. :D Honestly this no update stuff is getting rediculous. I figured he would have popped in by now with something. Sad really:(

I am speaking to Chris via email today. Our conversation is not making forward progress. Below are my emails to Chris in bold type, and his responses. I will keep asking until we have an update, and then I will not stop until the product is shipped.

Collector49-"I am going to request an update once a week until the Maximus project is complete. I think it's well beyond time for updates now. Can you send me new photos of the work, or not?"

Chris Howes-Yes, As I mentioned, I'm trying to get the head ready, which will hopefully be within the next couple of days. I've been feverishly working on some high profile projects, hoping to get those out of the way so I can proceed with some custom work. I will be more than happy to give you the sneak peek shortly.

Collector49-I am sorry for it to have to come to this, but I am not accepting the "few more days" promise from you any more. I am proceeding with my court case. I only hope that you can finish the set or refund my money so we can settle this before I have to drive to Ohio. I would very much appreciate photos of the work you currently have done on the set. I might change my mind regarding the timeline for the lawsuit if I could see the exact progress on every piece you have worked on for the set. I don't need photos of the head, but I would need to see photos of everything else at the current level of completion.

Shoot me a PM if you are guys are going on the next episode of Judge Judy ;)

is chris howes seriously illegitimate, coz im an international customer. I've bought some custom joker sculpts from him last year & when this gladiator 'commison' began i asked him to keep the joker sculpts & send all at once...

is there any news on the rubber sleeves that SovereignStudio was going to make?

He says the Skins are on their way or shipped but I don't hear of anyone getting them. I've asked him a hundred times for my status but he ignores it or gives some general statement on the skins so I have no idea.

If I get them I'll praise him but as of now I am not impressed.

Too bad there could not be more genuine guys like Z, elvis and Les Walker on these boards

i've yet to receive my skins either - i think i ordered in december. i have to say the guys that have impressed me most in speed and quality are seb, small studios josh and kuato.

Poor Maximus will probably never see his final fight armor :monkey2

Luckily there's plenty of other outfits of Maxie to be bashed in the meanwhile. So, just to keep this thread alive, here's a veeery early pic of a bash me and Seb and working on now:

A 'Battle of Carthage'-Maximus with helmet:
IMG_2207.jpg

Oh, soon I'll also have another Gladiator character in my collection:
Mister "I am the Senate", Emperor Commodus :D

commodus14.jpg

No real pics yet, sorry...
ohnocommodus.gif

Last edited:
the armor looked great bro!!... do update us on your finish bash!..

and yah.. really sad that i'm not getting my maximus pfffffttttttttt

Will everyone who paid for the Maximus project be willing to make phone calls to the Prosecuting Attorney where Chris lives? I am told that if we all band together, call and submit sworn statements that we were ripped off, we can possibly get legal action taken against him.

Will everyone who paid for the Maximus project be willing to make phone calls to the Prosecuting Attorney where Chris lives? I am told that if we all band together, call and submit sworn statements that we were ripped off, we can possibly get legal action taken against him.

im an international purchaser, so i would have to do it in writing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back