Chris Chulamanis Ill

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Given how dedicated Chris was to sixthscale and the USCM in general, a figure made in his image would be a very fitting tribute, great idea guys.

As Les said it would be nice to include as much of Chris' own gear as possible. Maybe this should be mentioned on the Al;ien legacy Forum, maybe it could be presented to his family or his friends in the USCM costuming group.

I have a spare set of his bdus and patches I can donate.

Just a thought, but if you guys are serious about making a memorial tribute to Chris as a 1/6 scale USCM figure, it might be a nice gesture to offer it to his family at some point later on, as a token of our respect for him... or do you think it would be somehow inappropriate? Again, it's just a thought.

In any case, I'd be honored to contribute whatever I can to any such project.

Stendec, I see we had almost the exact same thing in mind. If anyone else thinks this might be a good gesture, why don't we get together on it and make a definite plan. I think we have almost everything we'd need except a portrait of Chris without his helmet at this point. What say you all?

I was thining the same but it a tough call to judge whether it woud be appropriate to present to his family. Thats why i think it would be a good idea to mention this idea to the guys on the AL forum first. Been looking just now and I have some spare HT stuff I could give too, VP-70, pouches etc.

Yeah Mudshark, I am definately in.

I wish I had more gear to contribute, but I would paint his head, provided we can find one that looks close to him (I don't even know what he looked like...), but if we can do that, I would paint that. Maybe Ironman wants his own figure, so I don't want to "volunteer" it to this cause, but if we can gather up enough stuff, certainly we can offer it to whomever is most appropriate.

I would think a fully done up, armored figure, battle weary and grimy (Cue some hardcore Darkartist dirtyn' maybe?) and set him on a nice base, with a plaque that reads something cool??? And lists all the contributors to the figure maybe?
I could get the plaque and base also. I know a good engraver here locally.

I would do my part in this. Just discuss it and let's do something. Chris deserves it. :rock

Hey Steve, I'd be willing to contribute to that figure, headpaint, whatever, if you wanna make him a sho nuff memorial figure. Let me know. I'd like to be a part of that if possible.
Be really cool if you had parts, knife, etc. from Chris' supply catalogue to use on it. Just a thought.

Thanks Les!!
I would welcome the help. I actually have uniforms from Chris as well as some patches, knifes, hasps & locks and his shotgun/sheath combo. A photo of him sans helmet and his height if anyone knows would be of great help.

Here's a photo of Chris in full gear that I borrowed from the USCM Charter... I hope they don't mind. Perhaps if we explain our idea they would be able to furnish us with a portrait you could use, Les.

chrischulamanis.jpg

People have been posting lots of photos of Chris on the Alien Legacy Forum, plenty of them show him wihtout his helmet. The Forum is down temporarily as amark of respect to Chris but it will be back online soon so check there buddy.

Damn, he was a cool looking dude! :monkey2
I wish I coulda met him.

Anyway, yeah, send me pics and I will look for a head match. I think a sculpt might be too hard to come by, but a close head, with all the heads out there, is possible, and just tweak it to look more like Chris.

Thanks and Ironman, send, anything. Let's pool up HIS gear. As much of what he wore as possible.
Cool. This is do-able.

(and thanks Stendec. Maybe you should broach this to the AL bunch. I am not a member...)

I think firstly, we should work on getting the figured parts together, then we can decide the best "look" for him on what we have. Once assembled, and some time to consider where he would best sit, he can be presented to his family or whomever is decided on.
Perhaps, if all goes well with it, should anyone desire one for their own collection Les could make a cast of the head before the figure is assembled.
Les, is that ok?
I think this will work out well.

I think firstly, we should work on getting the figured parts together, then we can decide the best "look" for him on what we have. Once assembled, and some time to consider where he would best sit, he can be presented to his family or whomever is decided on.
Perhaps, if all goes well with it, should anyone desire one for their own collection Les could make a cast of the head before the figure is assembled.
Les, is that ok?
I think this will work out well.

I guess. I don't mind making cast of the head. I just want to get the memorial figure done first. Whatever works. I will do.
Let me know what I can do here. Most of you guys have my email, so email me pics, and whatnots. My PM box stays full. :eek:
But, I am all about this. And yeah, whoever should get the figure, can be worked out. And in tandem with the AL guys. Whatever is cool.

Sounds like we have a good start already. Gotta log off now, but I'll check in again tomorrow to get up to speed. Good night all. Mudshark out.

To better follow this, should a new thread be started?
The Chris Chulamanis Memorial Figure Project? Either here or in Customs?
That way, we keep attention on that project alone there, and allow further respects to be posted here.
And, in the first post, maybe we can keep a running log of gathered parts? Something centrallized?
Just a thought. Be nice for first post in it to have the running/updated list of gathered gear or contributions. Be a lot easier to keep up with.

I would also be available to do anything that needs to be done, so you have my weathering brush for this project should you need it.

Chris was a great guy, he's been filling that 1:6 USCM void for many years. I've long respected his work and it's helped me convert so many Hudson kits into Hicks armor. His tireless effort was such a help and his kindness to others a testament to who he was. He will be sorely missed. :monkey2

I only wish I could have met him, shook his hand.... But at least I can contribute to a memorial figure, anything to honor his memory.

I guess. I don't mind making cast of the head. I just want to get the memorial figure done first. Whatever works. I will do.
Let me know what I can do here. Most of you guys have my email, so email me pics, and whatnots. My PM box stays full. :eek:
But, I am all about this. And yeah, whoever should get the figure, can be worked out. And in tandem with the AL guys. Whatever is cool.

Absolutely the memorial figure should be the primary effort. I only mentioned the casting as we don't know yet how hard it may be to find something similar.
As soon as we get a decent headshot I'll look thru my many boxes of heads and see if I have something close. As of now the only day I won't be able to give any time to this is Monday as my little guy has surgery that day.
I will try and go thru all of what I have and see what else would be needed to match the above photo. I want to get this done but don't want to rush it and compromise how well it could be.
And, like Les, please email with any inquiries, suggestions, ideas or pix. The email gets checked much more often than the PM box.

I just started one here in ALiens. Wasn't sure if another area would be seen as well.
If a Mod thinks it needs to be moved, that is cool. Just started one.

R.I.P. to a fellow Collector & Fan...

I have to be honest and say I haven't even heard of this guy till I saw this thread but it's sad when you lose ANYONE...even someone you didn't know.

Thoughts & prayers out to his family.

Sorry I hadn't said this before, but RIP Chris. Your fellow collectors and CMs freaks salute you.:monkey2

Back