Chris Chulamanis Ill

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not familiar with Chris Chulamanis, or had I seen some of this work. But I do hate hearing this kind of news. I wish the best for his family and am proud to be apart of the 1:6 community. Especially after seeing how everyone rally for another member of it so passionately and quickly. Godspeed...

OMG I just got back from a friends who told me my uncle has just died and now this , God rest your soul , rest in peace.

As you've already heard Chris Chulamanis passed away earlier this morning.

Chris was a great man, a true friend and one of the nicest and most welcoming guys I have ever met.

His website has been down for a while due to personal issues before he became ill. I was lucky enough to personally know Chris through the Colonial Marine costuming forums and sites and met him at Dragon Con many times.

https://www.colonialmarines.net

Please raise a glass for him and if attending Dragon Con 08, be sure to find the USCM group and join us in a toast.

God speed Chris.
Your fight is over, rest in peace soldier.

Tony
(Jaynesgals husband)

This is very sad news indeed. I really hoped Chris would pull through somehow. The 1/6 scale community has lost one of its very best.

I hope you've moved on to a much better place, Chris. Your RC Drop-ship APC is still the best damn scratch-build I've ever seen!!! I truly appreciate all the tips you shared with me, and for supplying me with all of the great uniforms and equipment for my squad of USCMs. I'm sorry you won't get to see them when they're finished, but you're a part of them now and they will always be there to remind me of you. Vaya con Dios, bro.

I can't believe that iwas only dealing with him the other week, getting some top items form his store.....he said he has thrown in some extras given how much i was spending now I wont be able to thank him properly for them.

What a sad loss. I was just looking at his website the other day in fact. Very dedicated to the hobby. RIP Chris, you'll be missed.

:monkey2

:duff

We all owe Chris so much, we collectors of 1/6 ALIENS Marines.

You will be missed brother. This is a better hobby because of your involvement.

THANK YOU SO MUCH! :rock
You will not be forgotten.

I just got a PM from Chris and Joy's close personal fried, Lara.

Wow, I am floored! What an incredible guy. What a huge loss not only to his family and friends that knew him, but also to all of us that wish we had known him better. I always wanted to meet him person someday.

I respected him and his work, and enjoyed getting the great custom ALIENS marines stuff from him. I will cherish everything I have got from him right down to the Gerber knives for my marines. My Hicks proudly wears the armor clasp on his chest made by Chris...over his painted heart. Here's a picture showing it on my custom Hicks' armor after I painted it and glued it on over the heart.

100_5334.jpg

Here's a picture of the Hick's heart armor clasp/hinge, the Hudson "flying Skull" bolo tie clip, and a Gerber knife in its sheath, and a special unsheathed knife I asked Chris to make for me for my custom Bishop to hold for the "knife trick".

cliplockboloandknivesnicepic.jpg

Here's a more closeup picture of me holding the two knives...

Gerberknivesinmyhand.jpg

A closeup of me holding Chris's Hicks armor clasp/hinge for the chest armor (unpainted resin)

Hicksmetalclipandpadlockinmyhand.jpg

One last picture of Chris's work of the "winged skull" bolotie clip for my Hudson's armor...

Hudsonswingedskullboloinmyhand.jpg

I'm fighting back tears now and that's the truth. Yeah, I'm a big "softy" and I'm really going to miss Chris.

Rest In Peace Chris! Godspeed, and I'll never forget you.

Last edited:
My most sincere condolences to Chris' family. I didn't know Chris, but this truly a great loss. He will be missed.

Perhaps this is a little fitting. Here is Dillon's speech from Alien 3:

"Why? Why the innocent, punished? Why the sacrifice? Why the pain? There aren't any promises. Nothing certain. Only that some get called, others saved. She won't ever know of the hardship and grief of those of us left behind. We commit these bodies to the void with a glad heart. For within each seed, there is a promise of a flower, and within each death, no matter how small, there is always a new life. A new beginning."

Wow!! Don't know how I was missing this thread. Now, having found it and reading through all the posts, I found hope when Chris was stabilized and sudden sadness at the news of his passing. I have dealt with Chris a few times and last year he helped me get together the parts I needed to convert an extra Apone into Hicks' armor. Always a gentleman and a great man who would take the time to answer and explain things to us USCM deprived minds.
I hope you are in a better place Chris, for you sure made this place better for us.

I had to post a memorial to him on my site. Just was too down about this not to. And I sort of dedicated my ALIENS collection to him too. Especially my few Marines. He was a one man Hot Toys for a while there. Great memorial post Mike, and love that use of the prayer from ALIEN 3, SM. Very appropo.
I wish there was more we could do.

Does anyone have a pic of Chris sans helmet? I plan on making Pvt. Chulamanis my next 1:6 colonial marine. I have some extra pieces and, afterall, who better to add to the ranks.

Hey Steve, I'd be willing to contribute to that figure, headpaint, whatever, if you wanna make him a sho nuff memorial figure. Let me know. I'd like to be a part of that if possible.
Be really cool if you had parts, knife, etc. from Chris' supply catalogue to use on it. Just a thought.

Damn!
This is very sad news. I never contacted him personally, but he was, as Les said, a one man Hot Toys and a great inspiration for all of us Aliens fans.

My thoughts are with him and his family in this sad moment.

Back