Chopper to Celtic and Scar conversions WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This guy seems to do great work. Those skull sculpts look nice too. You said the skulls do not come pre-painted but it looks like the Predator Bio-Masks do. Is that right?

To me though the idea of a bone white Alien skull doesn't seem to make sense since I always considered them to be exoskeletal creatures. It looks cool I suppose though lol

yeah, i had the impression that xenomorphs were exoskeletal creatures as well..:monkey1

Actually, in movies and comics Aliens have typically had some skeletal structure. In Predator 2 we see the trophy case with an Alien skull, and in AVP we got to see another. I think they have both the exoskeleton, and a bone skeleton - I mean, I'm no real expert, but that's what I'd assume from the movies and comics. - But if they do have actual bones in them, they must be VERY strong not to be eaten by the acid blood... you know what? Thank god it's an alien, because all these things I can't explain are making my brain hurt.

-Unfortunately, it's my understanding neither the helmets nor skulls come prepainted.

Actually, in movies and comics Aliens have typically had some skeletal structure. In Predator 2 we see the trophy case with an Alien skull, and in AVP we got to see another. I think they have both the exoskeleton, and a bone skeleton - I mean, I'm no real expert, but that's what I'd assume from the movies and comics. - But if they do have actual bones in them, they must be VERY strong not to be eaten by the acid blood... you know what? Thank god it's an alien, because all these things I can't explain are making my brain hurt.

-Unfortunately, it's my understanding neither the helmets nor skulls come prepainted.

thanks for the pics and address adam, i have got to get soemof theose bios and skulls
cheers m8!

No problem. I just sent out my payment to him. If anyone was wondering, the whole lot of seven helmets, three alien skulls, and one predator skull totaled $77 shipped.

If anyone wants, when they all come in, I'll take some high quality pictures and post em up on the board.

No problem. I just sent out my payment to him. If anyone was wondering, the whole lot of seven helmets, three alien skulls, and one predator skull totaled $77 shipped.

If anyone wants, when they all come in, I'll take some high quality pictures and post em up on the board.

yeah, please do, im sure a lot of us here would appreciate that it you could do that.

Just watched the AVP film again tonite and saw something interesting. The Hot Toys Celtic left gauntlet is not film accurate. The film costume gauntlet is the same bomb type thing as the rest of the Preds. So I dunno where Hot Toys came up with the left gauntlet.

Nope, it's accurate. Remember when he shoots the net out of the wrist launcher? The HTs gauntlet is what it looks like. ;)

The only thing that is inaccurate is that Celtic comes with 'Chopper' arm blades. He never had them in the movie.

Nope, it's accurate. Remember when he shoots the net out of the wrist launcher? The HTs gauntlet is what it looks like. ;)

The only thing that is inaccurate is that Celtic comes with 'Chopper' arm blades. He never had them in the movie.
Yes I watched that scene, and also when Celtic opens the gauntlet and has the holoprojection showing the pyramid, it's the regular gauntlet. Trust me, I have been collecting props for 25 years now and can tell what I am looking at from screen captures.

Looks like another screw up from Paul Anderson. Jesus, does this guy have a problem with continuity or what?:confused:

Just watched the AVP film again tonite and saw something interesting. The Hot Toys Celtic left gauntlet is not film accurate. The film costume gauntlet is the same bomb type thing as the rest of the Preds. So I dunno where Hot Toys came up with the left gauntlet.

Actually it appears to me that Celtic has the bomb gauntlet in the first part of AVP. You will notice later that it is replaced with the net shooting gauntlet. The question is did Celtic change his gauntlet during the film that wasn't shown to us, or was it an oversight by Anderson? I would go with an oversight by Anderson. I've watched AVP more than 100 times,literally. Just my 2 cents bro.:dunno

Yah I was wondering if it was maybe preproduction stuff because oddly McFarlane, Takara (microman) and Hot Toys all have the Celtic with the Net Gauntlet, but he clearly has the bomb one in the film. At least in most closeup scenes. Could be a continuity error like we see in all films. I will get some screen caps tonight. Unfortunately Celtic dies fairly quick so he doesn't have that many scenes.

Actually, I thought I would share some pics I pulled from Ebay for ideas of my own. These were made by the same seller I'm buying mine from, they were just finished... the first one is still on auction right now for around 3 hours and the seller used purple lens. The second is a fine mesh, and sold for a good chunk of money. Both are the "gort" helmet.

6nud8q1.jpg

8abu4yb.jpg

8c1kdid.jpg

Here's a pic of the set I know this seller has (they come unpainted):
71gtsif.jpg

I plan on buying 2 of the normal ones, to convert one into a ceremonial mask, like the AVP Elder's. I'm thinking of also figuring out a way to match paint tones with my P2's Elder and display him with the Alien helmet, either holding it or attaching it to part of his armor.

I Think that Gort Helmet with the mesh is the one I bought I was kinda regretting it till I got it It is really a beutiful peice...

Back