Children of Hurin Super Delux

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oxfordian

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Received mine today.

AWESOME

Pictures to follow later but a word of reasurance to those on the fence. Get it. It is simply beautiful and not the pale blue seen in the ebay sales. It is dark blue but of such quality leather that you get a shine off it which makes it look paler when viewed from a certain angle.

Now that they are starting to come out I guess they will sell out fast.

Congrats, Oxfordian, I envy you!
I'm still wanting to pick up the Tolkien Deluxe Edition Collection (all 4 Deluxe editions in one slipcase), but can't find it available anywhere. Does anyone know of an online source for the collection that will ship it to the USA ?

Congrats, Oxfordian, I envy you!
I'm still wanting to pick up the Tolkien Deluxe Edition Collection (all 4 Deluxe editions in one slipcase), but can't find it available anywhere. Does anyone know of an online source for the collection that will ship it to the USA ?

I could get a set for you - I have gotten one of the super delux CoH for another board member in the USA.

Shipping to me is free but you would need to cover the cost of shipping to the USA which for four books is quite expensive. But, if you really want a set then let me know.

What's the difference between the deluxe and super deluxe? I have the one in the slip cover and if that's the one you're talking about it is a beautiful book and of course the story is masterfully written but according to amazon it is the deluxe version and they didn't show anything when I tried the super deluxe.

Thanks in advance Oxfordian. I'm not sure I can swing this but I'm trying to make it happen.

Thanks in advance Oxfordian. I'm not sure I can swing this but I'm trying to make it happen.

No problem LE just let me know via pm if you want to go with this. The offier is open ended. No profit at my end just glad to help others out.

Cheers,
Ox.

What's the difference between the deluxe and super deluxe? I have the one in the slip cover and if that's the one you're talking about it is a beautiful book and of course the story is masterfully written but according to amazon it is the deluxe version and they didn't show anything when I tried the super deluxe.

The super delux, as you can see is a mite more exclusive and extremely beautiful. No-one can seriously buy these to read but as a beautiful object and work of craftsmanship they are georgeous. Ultimately collectible!

I too have one in the slip cover and an Alan Lee sgned standard hardback version which each have their own merits but this one really is the dogs b****ocks when it comes to quality.

I wish I could afford this. But with shipping to the US, it's just too expensive for me.

Shipping to the USA from GB is around the £24.00 ($48.00) mark for fully insurred and signed for service so not that expensive.

If you are curious drop me a line.

Again, I am not out for profit but don't like to see sections of the community (USA) being sidelined like this.

Shipping to the USA from GB is around the £24.00 ($48.00) mark for fully insurred and signed for service so not that expensive.

Again, I am not out for profit but don't like to see sections of the community (USA) being sidelined like this.

Thanks for being so helpful, but the actual cost of the books is too much as well. Perhaps in a couple of months when I've paid of most of my bills.

300 Sterlins for a book.

sorry

regardless of how much money I am earning, I don't think I will ever spend that much money for a book

If you are buying for an investment, maybe you will... but to keep it and never even know what is it inside and just staring at the covers... then no. I rather look at the picture!

I really envy you... you must be quite well to do.... please do post some pics

300 Sterlins for a book.

sorry

regardless of how much money I am earning, I don't think I will ever spend that much money for a book

No need to appologise gambit, each to their own, and I respect your view. I too would not pay this kind of money (£350.00) for a book - unless it were a 'special' book. Special to me, not necesarily you. If everyone wanted one then a 500 limited issue would not go very far.

I am the first one to admit that this is very expensive but then so is a large chunk of sculpted polystone some of which costs more. I look upon this book as something similar. :cool:

It is interesting that the publishers held back on this edition for several months even to the point of announcing previously that they had so such plans for a book like this. That denial prompted the price of the first day released Christopher Tolkien signed editions from Barnes & Noble to skyrocket. Months later we get this one at many times the price. I will always look at the ones signed by CT from Barnes & Noble on that first day as the true first signed editions. These are nice - but not a true first edition. The publishers of JRRT again take the prize for being able to turn out more expensive merchandise from a limited catolog than almost anyone else in history. They have made it an art form only rivaled by the Presley Estate.

Pictures as promised. Not the best quality but hopefully they show the difference in colour dependent on the light source. The book is a dark blue not light blue as seen in the flash picture. I guess we are all used to flash photo's not being representative of actual colour - well here is a perfect example.

The clamshell
cohuberdelux001mg7.jpg

Without flash
cohuberdelux009bz6.jpg

With flash
cohuberdelux007ad5.jpg

There is one for auction now.... at least people in US can bid now...price is steep though :monkey2

Back