Chewbacca Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am surprised to see so many complaining about the pose. I mean, that's how Chewie looks most of the time. He is never in a real action pose and I think a statue of him like that might be a bit silly.

If anything he needs to be a bit more pigeon toed :) just like he was most of the time in the films. :)

:exactly: I don't get people's comments about cowering. He just looks like he's turning around and saying something; like he does many times in the OT.

The Exclusive....

my_little_chewbacca.jpg

:horror that is just..... :horror

Ooo... I think it looks great, better fully sculpted. Who knows how hair would have turned out.

Edit: if this is 499.00 I may jump on it. Anymore and I'm out.

Last edited:
Any more than $400 and I'm out.

Yep. I think over 400 will push the friendship for a lot of people, but look at the Hulk PF price :(

Personally, I'll be paying whatever I have to, as this is my last Star Wars PF.

$399 is my max.

SSC's prices are getting too steep for me. I am finding myself getting very selective. I wonder if SSC will realize this before they price themselves out of the market and they have a warehouse full of overpriced unsold statues? :dunno

I went overboard saying I'd like to see a statue of him ripping someone's head off...but it just seems like the same thing over and over. I think the essence of chewie is that he's seen from the outside as a mindless dangerous beast, but he proves loyal, caring and gentle. Until crossed...then he chokes you in a hallway. I want to see the mighty chewbacca. The guy you see when the door goes up in cloud city and vaders standing there. Or the guy throwing troopers over the ledge in the carbon room. I agree that chewie can't be captured in a pose where he's seen as a vicious aggressor, but Ss has taken the one moment where he's cowering and immortalized it in this piece. Just not for me. I do however, on a good note, think the sculpted fur was the way to go.

More of 350 USD ???? I don´t believe it. Is a statue very nice, but very simple too. The base is small, all the statue is polystone, don´t have fabric that can be more dificult and expensive for production, don´t have lights and electrics components, don´t have articulated parts,and the paintjob must be easy, is just a couple of colors in all the body. I think this is a statue very easy to produce in mass. More of 350 is a steal.

I went overboard saying I'd like to see a statue of him ripping someone's head off...but it just seems like the same thing over and over. I think the essence of chewie is that he's seen from the outside as a mindless dangerous beast, but he proves loyal, caring and gentle. Until crossed...then he chokes you in a hallway. I want to see the mighty chewbacca. The guy you see when the door goes up in cloud city and vaders standing there. Or the guy throwing troopers over the ledge in the carbon room. I agree that chewie can't be captured in a pose where he's seen as a vicious aggressor, but Ss has taken the one moment where he's cowering and immortalized it in this piece. Just not for me. I do however, on a good note, think the sculpted fur was the way to go.

I can see a Mythos of him holding a stormtrooper by the throat while ripping an arm off. While expensive, they could capture the rage that he shows sometimes in the films.

More of 350 USD ???? I don´t believe it. Is a statue very nice, but very simple too. The base is small, all the statue is polystone, don´t have fabric that can be more dificult and expensive for production, don´t have lights and electrics components, don´t have articulated parts,and the paintjob must be easy, is just a couple of colors in all the body. I think this is a statue very easy to produce in mass. More of 350 is a steal.

This guy will be minimum $400. The Mythos line is smaller and going for $325 - $350, and even though he is all polystone, his size calls for a lot of polystone.

The days of $350 PFs are gone I think.

$380 seems to be the minimum price point now but I think 2013 will see $400 as the minimum for all new pre-orders.

M'eh... I like what I see so far. From the right angle he doesn't look cowering to me, just classic Chewbacca. I will be getting him to round out my OT collection. So definitely looking forward to this one.

I like to remind haters of the new trilogy that it started in ROTJ when Ewoks took down an Imperial Army

It would have been much more dramatic if they had had Wookies take down the Imperials as was originally planned. That is what should have happened, but somehow Lucas believed that having primitive, short, weak Ewoks take down the empire would make a better story.. At least it was done right in KOTOR, when the Wookies rose up against Czerka.

The days of $350 PFs are gone I think.

$380 seems to be the minimum price point now but I think 2013 will see $400 as the minimum for all new pre-orders.

The days of $350 didn't last very long.

Back